IP Weekend Chat Sat 7/6 - Sun 7/7/13

You're on Page 3 of 3
Go to
  • Happy weekend!

I started off with a nice NSV today. I went to yoga class in tight yoga pants and a form fitting top, and I was able to look at myself in the mirror doing poses without cringing I actually felt pretty comfortable with myself for the first time in a while. Now aiming for "I feel great and I like looking at the mirror while doing yoga poses"

Have a great OP Sunday!
  • Quote: Today will be an interesting challenge.

It is our anniversary and we're going to dinner
    We were also invited to brunch.

I chose the restaurants. I'm P3 this month so hoping I'll find suitable choices (esp for brunch. It isn't my preference to go out for breakfast)

Today is also 2 meals out for me too. For brunch i had an egg white omelet with asparagus and red peppers. I substituted the potatoes with asparagus. I'm going to take a look at the menu for dinner and choose scallops or chicken. This is the first time that I'm eating out twice in 1 day and at first I was nervous. But after making smart choices for brunch, I know "I've got this!"
  • Happy #6 Lisa.
    Beanie - great NSV!
    Lauren- I'll need to give that recipe a try.
    Sharon - you can do this. Enjoy your vacation and we'll be here to support you when you're ready to start back up.

I found a new veggie to love - kohlarabi. I've been eating slices with WF strawberry jelly. Maybe the combo is a bit odd but it tastes really good. Last night I cubed it, tossed the cubes with olive oil and sea salt, and then grilled it. It was so good even my kids loved it.
  • I officially started Maintenance this week! So far, so good. I have definitely discovered that working out makes me hungrier, but it also feels great to be able to move my body through exercises that were really tough before. I have also realized that it was probably not the best idea to have a sweet, OP treat before bed while on P1-3, only because I find myself craving dessert every day, even when I'm not hungry. I'm working my way down to a lighter dessert option a few nights a week. I still have Quest bars and puddings as dessert options, and they're yummy. Maintenance is a process, and I will be checking in here and on the maintenance thread regularly. I'm glad that I have a follow-up appointment with my clinic at the 30-day mark. That, and my new-ish wardrobe, will help keep me on track.
    I'm so excited for everyone on this journey. So many of you have been so helpful and inspirational to me, and I just wanted to say thank you and keep up the great work!
  • Any recommendations for BBQ/meat sauce + also salad dressings that do not contain sucralose? Or aspartame?
  • Quote: Any recommendations for BBQ/meat sauce + also salad dressings that do not contain sucralose? Or aspartame?
    Make your own! Google Linda's low carb
  • Fabulous! Thank you!
  • Just wanted to boast a little. I'm about to say goodbye to the 160s and have 10 lbs to go. Which puts me at 13 lbs down (2 tiny horses - google "Einstein smallest horse"). Just in time for my Sept 1 wedding and to fit in the wedding dress I bought when I weighed 150. No pressure . . . :P
  • Well, I made it through a holiday weekend at the beach with extended family members completely OP... even on the boardwalk!!! I'm really proud of myself and enjoying the control that I feel over my food instead of the other way around. Still waiting for Onederland.......
  • Quote: Happy #6 Lisa.
    Beanie - great NSV!
    Lauren- I'll need to give that recipe a try.
    Sharon - you can do this. Enjoy your vacation and we'll be here to support you when you're ready to start back up.

I found a new veggie to love - kohlarabi. I've been eating slices with WF strawberry jelly. Maybe the combo is a bit odd but it tastes really good. Last night I cubed it, tossed the cubes with olive oil and sea salt, and then grilled it. It was so good even my kids loved it.
    Hi Cherie,
    Growing up kohlrabi was my favorite veggie! This isn't OP for you, but your kids might like it cubed, boiled, touch of butter with fresh parsley. Come to think of it... Can't believe it's not butter spray might just do the trick for IP. Now you have me wanting some yummy kohlrabi
  • Awesome job everyone on your weekend progress I'm in week 3 and feel its still a bit hard to go out and about...afraid ill be tempted to stop somewhere for a binge-fest!! Missing my Dunkin Iced coffees. I feel safer at home but feel a bit more in control than week 1. WI#3 tomorrow and I feel like its going to be a big one whoop woop!!
  • Hope everyone's weekend went well! I am excited that my first WI is tomorrow. I feel great and cannot wait to find out the results.
    Cheers!
  • To all fellow rhubarb lovers:

I made the yummiest sweet lunch yesterday! Rhubarb compote with IP vanilla pudding. I cooked up the rhubarb with daVinci French vanilla syrup, a little truvia and cinnamon until it was pretty much like a sauce. Refrigerated it for an hour, then topped it with the IP vanilla pudding. It was heavenly! What a decadent way to have veggies
  • Quote: I officially started Maintenance this week! So far, so good. I have definitely discovered that working out makes me hungrier, but it also feels great to be able to move my body through exercises that were really tough before. I have also realized that it was probably not the best idea to have a sweet, OP treat before bed while on P1-3, only because I find myself craving dessert every day, even when I'm not hungry. I'm working my way down to a lighter dessert option a few nights a week. I still have Quest bars and puddings as dessert options, and they're yummy. Maintenance is a process, and I will be checking in here and on the maintenance thread regularly. I'm glad that I have a follow-up appointment with my clinic at the 30-day mark. That, and my new-ish wardrobe, will help keep me on track.
    I'm so excited for everyone on this journey. So many of you have been so helpful and inspirational to me, and I just wanted to say thank you and keep up the great work!
    Congratulations on reaching maintenance. I notice we have the same height and started around the same weight, can you tell me how long it took for you to lose the weight? how long did it take you to go from 130 to 120? and did you exercise at all while OP? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
  • Quote: Hi Cherie,
    Growing up kohlrabi was my favorite veggie! This isn't OP for you, but your kids might like it cubed, boiled, touch of butter with fresh parsley. Come to think of it... Can't believe it's not butter spray might just do the trick for IP. Now you have me wanting some yummy kohlrabi
    Thanks. I will definitely have to try it that way. I have a whole bag that was given to me fresh from the garden so I have a lot to experiment with! I would share if PA wasn't so far away.