Old 07-06-2013, 01:10 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Annik - Tx! That graph is a good illustration of a the ups and downs of weight loss! Thanks for sharing. It's probably a good thing it went up because I went out with my mom today and would have been tempted to eat out with her and go off my reboot...BUT knowing it's up I feel like I don't have a reason to go off and need to keep working towards my goal.

65X65 - I like to see where I'm at on a daily basis...habit? I just do it. I stay away from spenda, and one have one cup of caffine a day and TONS of water... I'm just hoping tomorrow reflects the work I've been doing..if not a know one day it will show! (of course hopefully sooner than later!!!).

evepet - My sodium has been quite consistent. My rings are tighter...it's almost 100 out today (in A/C)...but still hot and yucky. Certainly drinking tons of water... TX But I'll watch it more today and make sure I'm not over...I have had soy sauce and salt intake over the past couple of days...

laloli - TX! We do know it works and we just have to hang in there!

Momto2cs - Wow 3 weeks! Great that you stuck it out and thanks for the inspiration! I'm must hoping it doesn't go up again...was a little surprised it went up two days in a row. I do trust this "diet" and know it works! Just have to be patient!

tallgirl231 - So glad you're back to normal! I was hoping today would be the day I would be but maybe tomorrow! I use it as a motivator too.

Thank you all for your words! They're all so helpful! I went out today with my mom and was so tempted to go to Carrabba's Italian Grill for lunch. I think I may have had I not posted this thread to hear all your opinions, feedback, suggestions and ideas! I'm so glad I didn't and will keep plugging along... THANK YOU!!! <3
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 01:19 PM   #17  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Tallgirl231,

I hear you!!! Your experience resonates!

Last edited by Annik; 07-06-2013 at 01:20 PM.
Annik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 06:22 PM   #18  

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annik View Post
Tallgirl231,

I hear you!!! Your experience resonates!
I know, sometimes, I'll think, "holy crap, where did that come from?" but then tell myself it will be gone soon. I think all of us chiming in on 3FC helps us to see that we are not alone.
tallgirl231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:42 PM   #19  
Started IP 01/01/13

S/C/G: H-247/S-187.2/ C-137.2/G-125

Height: 5'2"

Like you, I am New Englander that weighs daily. This is the first week that I've been doing IP (started January 1) that I haven't lost any weight (right now, I'm actually up 1.6 pounds since my last weigh in, but fluctuate daily). I'm past TOM (almost 60), haven't added or changed anything in my diet, and am not suffering from the big C. Now how this all relates! The humidity in my over that past week has been more than oppressive, and I suspect this may be the case where you live also. I feel like a giant sponge and wondered if this could have anything to do with weight gain, so I Googled. Look up "high humidity weight gain" or "high humidity water retention". As I suspected, high heat and humidity do cause weight to increase. Because I've never seen this listed as a cause here before, I thought you might like to know this is something else that is probably affecting your daily weight.
RareBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:02 PM   #20  

i keep reading about the "big C" and it makes me think of cancer....please tell me im wrong lol

@the O.P., i bet its just ToM and/or you need to have a good PooP...we can carry up to 5lbs of poop in us, so even if you are having a daily hmm yah...maybe its not as great as you think it is?!
Art3mis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 09:04 PM   #21  
IP Start Date 5/13/13

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art3mis View Post
i keep reading about the "big C" and it makes me think of cancer....please tell me im wrong lol

@the O.P., i bet its just ToM and/or you need to have a good PooP...we can carry up to 5lbs of poop in us, so even if you are having a daily hmm yah...maybe its not as great as you think it is?!
The big C on 3FC means needing to poop!
hangdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:36 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 260/260/150

Height: 5'3"

I, too, weigh daily. Actually, multiple times a day, but i use the weight from first thing in the morning as my measuring bar. 2 weeks ago, I had a 3+ lb gain, practically overnight, even though i'd been following the plan. I thought it may have been that prior weekend, which had been filled with other people's BBQ's, which meant I had to eat whatever they had...which was 8oz of hamburgers or steak every dinner (if we'd been hosting, I would have had chicken or salmon). Add to that, NYC has been blazing, which always means water retention for me, and of course, the big C, most likely from 3 straight days of red meat! I spent the rest week avoiding restricteds. My WI was Thursdaywhich had showed the gain, and of course on friday, everything dropped, with an additional 3.6lbs!
It WILL come off... it really is discouraging to follow such a restrictive diet and see a gain, but women's bodies are subject to so many things (especially TOM) that trying to remember that may help when the scale isn't going in the right direction. Can't wait to hear what a huge loss you will have next time around
jodi73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:37 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodi73 View Post
I, too, weigh daily. Actually, multiple times a day, but i use the weight from first thing in the morning as my measuring bar. 2 weeks ago, I had a 3+ lb gain, practically overnight, even though i'd been following the plan. I thought it may have been that prior weekend, which had been filled with other people's BBQ's, which meant I had to eat whatever they had...which was 8oz of hamburgers or steak every dinner (if we'd been hosting, I would have had chicken or salmon). Add to that, NYC has been blazing, which always means water retention for me, and of course, the big C, most likely from 3 straight days of red meat! I spent the rest week avoiding restricteds. My WI was Thursdaywhich had showed the gain, and of course on friday, everything dropped, with an additional 3.6lbs!
It WILL come off... it really is discouraging to follow such a restrictive diet and see a gain, but women's bodies are subject to so many things (especially TOM) that trying to remember that may help when the scale isn't going in the right direction. Can't wait to hear what a huge loss you will have next time around
When I find myself in a situation that is not allowing me my "choice" of animal protein...too much red meat too many days/meals in a row...I reduce the portion size ...actually cut things in half before putting it on my plate. Then when I get home I raid my refrige for a HB egg white or two before heading up to bed! Also...can always offer to bring a plate of deviled eggs...that gives me an option to do what I've mentioned...and scarf the few egg whites (no yolks) with out any questions.

Last edited by 65X65; 07-07-2013 at 09:38 AM.
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:56 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 260/260/150

Height: 5'3"

I'm one of the rare people who hate eggs I like the idea of reducing the portion size... from now on, i'm going to either bring my Jello or something similar to supplement, bc we have bbq plans every weekend. At least now I know to go prepared
jodi73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 10:42 AM   #25  

Unhappy Dislike eggs..

Quote:
I'm one of the rare people who hate eggs I like the idea of reducing the portion size... from now on, i'm going to either bring my Jello or something similar to supplement, bc we have bbq plans every weekend. At least now I know to go prepared
OK..that got me thinking...another option to "bring" along that won't hijack someone else's menu......Appetizer skewers...! Use small chunks of cold cooked chicken breast or small cooked shrimp with cold roasted veggies also in bite sized chunks on bamboo skewers...Pile them on a decorative platter or dish...add a small bowl of "dipping" sauce for everyone else...and you are "saved"!
Old 07-07-2013, 10:55 AM   #26  
IP Start Date 5/13/13

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
OK..that got me thinking...another option to "bring" along that won't hijack someone else's menu......Appetizer skewers...! Use small chunks of cold cooked chicken breast or small cooked shrimp with cold roasted veggies also in bite sized chunks on bamboo skewers...Pile them on a decorative platter or dish...add a small bowl of "dipping" sauce for everyone else...and you are "saved"!
Great idea! For the 4th of July, I brought a cucumber salad with diced red onion and my IP-friendly dressing (olive oil, apple cider vinegar, water, splenda and spices). Everyone loved it and several people asked me for the recipe for the dressing. I didn't even have to mention it was an OP dish!
hangdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:11 AM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangdog View Post
Great idea! For the 4th of July, I brought a cucumber salad with diced red onion and my IP-friendly dressing (olive oil, apple cider vinegar, water, splenda and spices). Everyone loved it and several people asked me for the recipe for the dressing. I didn't even have to mention it was an OP dish!
I think the issue that gets tricky is the protein...it's easy to bring something that is a side even (if you were not asked to...)

I hear Jodi on the main dish/protein. That gets sticky because the menu is the hostess' call ...and how do you insert something else and not offend some people? We (hubby and myself) ... find a side (with protein!) or appetizer is usually welcomed and the hostess does not recognize another agenda or perhaps feel we were not happy with her plan. It also avoids getting tangled in an explanation of why you are shying off the main dish she chose...which for some of us does NOT need to be a conversation that is wanted in many instances.

But a cucumber salad is always a hit this time of year...and also better than baked beans or the corn on the cob that is often a headliner at backyard events!!!!
Old 07-07-2013, 01:03 PM   #28  

LOL!!! Thanks for the question and answer!!! Good laugh!!!
Old 07-07-2013, 01:10 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RareBird View Post
Like you, I am New Englander that weighs daily. This is the first week that I've been doing IP (started January 1) that I haven't lost any weight (right now, I'm actually up 1.6 pounds since my last weigh in, but fluctuate daily). I'm past TOM (almost 60), haven't added or changed anything in my diet, and am not suffering from the big C. Now how this all relates! The humidity in my over that past week has been more than oppressive, and I suspect this may be the case where you live also. I feel like a giant sponge and wondered if this could have anything to do with weight gain, so I Googled. Look up "high humidity weight gain" or "high humidity water retention". As I suspected, high heat and humidity do cause weight to increase. Because I've never seen this listed as a cause here before, I thought you might like to know this is something else that is probably affecting your daily weight.
Hi! That's really good to know it may be the weather...It's so hot here!!! 90's again and feels like 100s... I just feel like I'm holding on to all the water I'm drinking...I wake up and look puffier...and I do feel gross from this weather. 20 seconds outside and I'm sweating. I'm going to google that to to read more about it! THANK YOU!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art3mis View Post

LOL!!! I know someone already answered your question and I now you know it's not cancer!!! LOL! Gross 5 lbs of poop!!! Literally full of 'you know what'! ewe!!!

Quote:
Thanks for your sharing! I will be patient! I'm not going to have my restricted every day...I remember doing that before and it worked. So easy to forget some "little tricks"... I can't wait to report a huge loss soon!!! TX!!!
Old 07-07-2013, 03:32 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 153.8/142/120

Height: 5'0"

I weigh myself several times a day, mostly out of curiosity. It hasn't affected me emotionally, so I'm okay with it. Things I've noticed. Sometimes I weigh more in the morning then I do in the middle of the day - weird (last night's dinner maybe?). My weight can fluctuate as much as 4-5 pounds through the course of a day due to water, salt, food, gravitational pull, whatever. I usually am at my lightest weight after a mid-afternoon nap on the weekend, which is doubly awesome (rested and lighter). There are cycles that I've noticed that may or may not be unique to me. Some of those are the typical C and TOM issues, and others are calendar, stress, and food-related. Like someone else mentioned, even if I was 100% OP, stress made me hold on to weight. Also, sometimes, it can take up to 3 days for an off-plan choice to register on the scale. Whatever the case, I hope that the scale is kinder soon.
P.S. Even when the scale goes up, sometimes the inches go down.
Sansfilter is offline   Reply With Quote