Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-27-2013, 01:16 AM   #1  
IP start Aug 2012
Thread Starter
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 8,219

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Default IP Daily Chat Thursday 6/27/2013


Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
lisa32989 is offline  
Old 06-27-2013, 07:53 AM   #2  
Started IP 5/13/13
 
dak1lls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 843

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Default

Good morning everyone! Today is WI #6 and i am hoping for no weight gain. I missed WI #5 due to work schedule, but weighed at home and was down 4 lbs. A couple days ago I was up 1.2 lbs. I have been totally OP with the exception of forgetting to have one of my unrestricted packs at lunch one day. I have been working on projects around the house and staying up quite late each night. I wonder if the extra activity is affecting my weight loss this week? Plus I have been experiencing the big C, so that may be part of my problem. Probably need more lettuce!
dak1lls is offline  
Old 06-27-2013, 08:28 AM   #3  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: North Battleford, SK. Canada
Posts: 150

S/C/G: 395/241.5/250

Height: 6'4"

Default

Good morning all,
wi this morning showed a loss of 6 pounds, officially bringing me into the 260's. Yeah for me.

Did some quick calculations and technically based on my weight when I started IP I would only need to drop another 5 pounds before moving onto phase two. However, because I have this lovely spare tire around my middle still - and because I'm rocking a fantastic pear shape which I hate - I think I will end up changing what my final goal will be. Time will tell.

Random thought for the day - due to needing smaller clothes - again - my wife purchased more underwear for me a few days ago. I opened them up and was about to put them on when I noticed a small sticker that stated that the undies have been quality tested. I had a mental image of some sweaty factory worker strutting around the factory floor in my underwear to test it.

That's all I've got for today, have a good week.
Spiritman is offline  
Old 06-27-2013, 08:30 AM   #4  
IPALT-P1:5/20 P2:11/1
 
theEguarantee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 61

S/C/G: 219/149.2/135

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Default

Good morning all! I have made a recent disappointing discovery. Mio does not comply with my stomach! I had my gallbladder removed about 2 & a half years ago, and there are certain things I just cant digest correctly. Seems one of the artificial sweetners in Mio is one of them. Which is really sad because it's so good! However, I'm now down 24.6lbs after 5 & 1/2 weeks! Very happy about that! But beware of the Mio!!
theEguarantee is offline  
Old 06-27-2013, 08:38 AM   #5  
Senior Member
 
A1Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 474

Height: 5' 7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEguarantee View Post
Good morning all! I have made a recent disappointing discovery. Mio does not comply with my stomach! I had my gallbladder removed about 2 & a half years ago, and there are certain things I just cant digest correctly. Seems one of the artificial sweetners in Mio is one of them. Which is really sad because it's so good! However, I'm now down 24.6lbs after 5 & 1/2 weeks! Very happy about that! But beware of the Mio!!
I'm sad for you I hope you can find an alternative solution...
A1Texan is offline  
Old 06-27-2013, 08:42 AM   #6  
Senior Member
 
A1Texan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 474

Height: 5' 7"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritman View Post
Good morning all,
wi this morning showed a loss of 6 pounds, officially bringing me into the 260's. Yeah for me.

Did some quick calculations and technically based on my weight when I started IP I would only need to drop another 5 pounds before moving onto phase two. However, because I have this lovely spare tire around my middle still - and because I'm rocking a fantastic pear shape which I hate - I think I will end up changing what my final goal will be. Time will tell.

Random thought for the day - due to needing smaller clothes - again - my wife purchased more underwear for me a few days ago. I opened them up and was about to put them on when I noticed a small sticker that stated that the undies have been quality tested. I had a mental image of some sweaty factory worker strutting around the factory floor in my underwear to test it.

That's all I've got for today, have a good week.
Way to go on your 206's. I set my goal a little high at the start because I never thought I'd get down that low. But once I realized that this diet was working and I could do it. I quickly changed my goal by 10 pounds. They as I got closer to that goal, I changed it again. I think I'm all set now.

Thanks for the visual of the factory worker
A1Texan is offline  
Old 06-27-2013, 09:46 AM   #7  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: North Battleford, SK. Canada
Posts: 150

S/C/G: 395/241.5/250

Height: 6'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
Way to go on your 206's. I set my goal a little high at the start because I never thought I'd get down that low. But once I realized that this diet was working and I could do it. I quickly changed my goal by 10 pounds. They as I got closer to that goal, I changed it again. I think I'm all set now.

Thanks for the visual of the factory worker
I felt exactly the same way - I was dubious that this would work for me and 125 pounds seemed like an unobtainable number. Now that I am almost there I am sure my goal weight will need to be adjusted.

Second thought for the week, if someone is testing your underwear - how do you suppose they check your bedsheets before packaging?
Spiritman is offline  
Old 06-27-2013, 09:46 AM   #8  
flubadub15
 
flubadub15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Nova Scotia Canada
Posts: 28

S/C/G: 152/137.5/135

Height: 5' 2"

Default

Tried the chocolate pudding cake last night. It was soo satisfying..
I have a counter top muffin oven which worked great. It makes six at a time. Next time I will put a little more batter in each cup . They were a little small but I did get 9 treats.
flubadub15 is offline  
Old 06-27-2013, 09:56 AM   #9  
IP Start: 05/16/13
 
sarita75's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: San Francisco CA
Posts: 581

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Default

Good morning all. I am reporting from my bed which is, for the record, super comfie and I am so tired. :-) love the posts this morning and sending good thoughts to those with WIs today!!

I can't be more glad that its Thursday. In a few days I will be camping and white water rafting, although still shopping for a life preserver that fits. :-/ I honestly had not considered I will have to buy new underwear because of this diet and, well, I have quite a collection. For shame! But it'll be good. But dang!!
sarita75 is offline  
Old 06-27-2013, 10:05 AM   #10  
Member
 
spunky536's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Maryland
Posts: 77

S/C/G: 174/130/130

Height: 5'3"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritman View Post

Random thought for the day - due to needing smaller clothes - again - my wife purchased more underwear for me a few days ago. I opened them up and was about to put them on when I noticed a small sticker that stated that the undies have been quality tested. I had a mental image of some sweaty factory worker strutting around the factory floor in my underwear to test it.

That's all I've got for today, have a good week.
Hilarious!
Got the mental picture burned into my mind now of some sweaty guy running around in underwear with a little hand mirror and the other factory guys cheering him on, lol!

Thanks for that.
spunky536 is offline  
Old 06-27-2013, 10:45 AM   #11  
IP start Aug 2012
Thread Starter
 
lisa32989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 8,219

S/C/G: 260.2/165

Height: 5'5"

Default

I love the laughs I get coming here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEguarantee View Post
iGood morning all! I have made a recent disappointing discovery. Mio does not comply with my stomach! I had my gallbladder removed about 2 & a half years ago, and there are certain things I just cant digest correctly. Seems one of the artificial sweetners in Mio is one of them. Which is really sad because it's so good! However, I'm now down 24.6lbs after 5 & 1/2 weeks! Very happy about that! But beware of the Mio!!
Artificial sweeteners are a well-known "gut botherer" in natural health circles
Google gut and artificial sweeteners

Also google Chris Kresser heartburn. He has a great series of articles I can link later when I'm not in my phone

ETA: Here is the link I wasn't providing earlier from my phone. There are series of articles in this link
http://chriskresser.com/heartburn

Last edited by lisa32989; 06-27-2013 at 02:52 PM.
lisa32989 is offline  
Old 06-27-2013, 12:29 PM   #12  
Senior Member
 
capricious's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alberta
Posts: 528

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Default

Lisa- I have to say you look awesome! It's been a couple months since I checked in and wow what a difference! It's funny how a couple of months on IP makes such a dramatic difference.
Spiritman- congrats on being so close to Phase 2! It really is best to stay on Phase 1 until you reach goal. It's the quickest way there. It's exciting to move on to a new phase but it's worthwhile to procrastinate it as long as possible. Wait until you get to your current goal before deciding to change it as you'd be surprised the difference 15-20 pounds makes the closer you are to goal. If your stomach is the part of you that is clinging to it's fat reserves it will be the last thing to go (of course ) but it will go... and keep in mind that in maintenance you can fine tune. Cardio is the best way to attack stomach fat. When I hit goal I was very soft. Especially in my stomach/ upper hip area. Was in fact seriously considering a tummy tuck as I was the size I wanted to be but still had a lot of 'fluff' in the spare tire. I started doing step 3-4 times a week and it really tightened everything up. Got to the point where I quite satisfied with my stomach. Anyway... You've done a great job! Be proud of where you are and think of the difference in size of the factory workers that have been testing your underwear!
theEguarantee- not sure how you feel about Perrier... but the grapefruit one is all natural and the bubbles are wonderful...
capricious is offline  
Old 06-27-2013, 12:38 PM   #13  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: North Battleford, SK. Canada
Posts: 150

S/C/G: 395/241.5/250

Height: 6'4"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricious View Post
.....
Spiritman- congrats on being so close to Phase 2! It really is best to stay on Phase 1 until you reach goal. It's the quickest way there. It's exciting to move on to a new phase but it's worthwhile to procrastinate it as long as possible. Wait until you get to your current goal before deciding to change it as you'd be surprised the difference 15-20 pounds makes the closer you are to goal. If your stomach is the part of you that is clinging to it's fat reserves it will be the last thing to go (of course ) but it will go... and keep in mind that in maintenance you can fine tune. Cardio is the best way to attack stomach fat. When I hit goal I was very soft. Especially in my stomach/ upper hip area. Was in fact seriously considering a tummy tuck as I was the size I wanted to be but still had a lot of 'fluff' in the spare tire. I started doing step 3-4 times a week and it really tightened everything up. Got to the point where I quite satisfied with my stomach. Anyway... You've done a great job! Be proud of where you are and think of the difference in size of the factory workers that have been testing your underwear!...
Thank you, and this is my thinking exactly, If I wait and get to my goal weight, not only will I look better but I will probably continue to to lose in Phase 2 and seeing how my wife is still on phase 1 I can continue to help support her in her weight loss journey. At this point in time my mentality isn't "I can't wait to get off of Phase 1" so being on Phase 1 a while longer isn't that big of deal for me.
Spiritman is offline  
Old 06-27-2013, 12:46 PM   #14  
Senior Member
 
capricious's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alberta
Posts: 528

S/C/G: 187/?/145

Height: 5'8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
Good morning everyone! Today is WI #6 and i am hoping for no weight gain. I missed WI #5 due to work schedule, but weighed at home and was down 4 lbs. A couple days ago I was up 1.2 lbs. I have been totally OP with the exception of forgetting to have one of my unrestricted packs at lunch one day. I have been working on projects around the house and staying up quite late each night. I wonder if the extra activity is affecting my weight loss this week? Plus I have been experiencing the big C, so that may be part of my problem. Probably need more lettuce!
There are a few things to consider here...
1) Each of us has our own weight loss cycle. Have you kept track of your weekly losses? If you have, look back and see... was it high in week 1, slightly lower week 2, slightly lower again week 3 and back to high again in week 4? This can be a fairly typical 3 week pattern. High, med, low repeat. And being week 6 for you, you'd be in your low week.
2) Cortisol. That wonderful stress hormone. We produce it between the hours of 2 am- 6am. The hormone that balances the cortisol is produced between 10pm- 2am. If you are not sleeping during these hours you are not producing it. Giving you an overabundance of cortisol... which is sure to make you want to eat more and even if you don't it will keep the weight around.
Other considerations? Water, water, water, water, water!!! Throw some lemon in there to help out too!
Patience. Regardless of what the scale tells you today know that it will tell something better next week. It sucks having to wait for a reward but that doesn't make the reward less sweet. Keep at it and you'll get there.
capricious is offline  
Old 06-27-2013, 12:46 PM   #15  
IPALT-P1:5/20 P2:11/1
 
theEguarantee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 61

S/C/G: 219/149.2/135

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Default

thanks for the tips everyone! I'm going to start searching for something else... I went 5 weeks with nothing but plain water. Now after having the Mio I want to be able to drink something flavorful again! I'll do some research and test trials. I heard Wal Mart and Target brand water flavorers dont have such harsh artificial sweetners. I'll be checking them all out & will update as I try them!
theEguarantee is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:46 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.