Closed Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 11:34 PM   #46  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Camcolt - congrats on size 6. I would have screamed too! Way to go.

I had a little panic attack a short time ago. I have been so busy today, painting and doing projects around the house. Getting ready for company to come stay next week. Anyway....i ate lunch in a hurry and all afternoon i felt so weak and even light headed. I ate dinner at 5pm and couldn't figure out why i was starving! Well, at about 10pm i realized i missed my RTD mango drink at lunchtime!

I sure hope this doesn't slow down my weight loss this week.
Old 06-22-2013, 11:55 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 173/163/148

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post

Well, at about 10pm i realized i missed my RTD mango drink at lunchtime!

I sure hope this doesn't slow down my weight loss this week.
Why not just have your mango shake (or another unrestricted) now? I always have my snack right before bedtime, I'm like a baby I sleep better when my belly is full
Old 06-23-2013, 12:15 AM   #48  
IP Start 2/5/13

S/C/G: 315/ip292/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 5in

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynette826 View Post
Sometimes it is definitely best to just let it go, and keep doing what you're doing!
Thank you, your simple statement helps so much. I definitely got wound up after talking to my friend! (If you couldn't tell)

I used my cute toaster oven again. This time I made lemon zucchini muffins
with the pudding mix. They are quite good! I made part of the batch with zucchini and part without for comparison, and I have to say I like them both equally well. The ones with the zucchini were a lot moister, though, delicious both ways! Try it with any pudding mix if you haven't done so yet!
Old 06-23-2013, 12:57 AM   #49  

Height: 5'5"

Just a quick question...do you all keep food journals? Do you write down everything you eat or if you stay OP why bother? Just looking to see what works for everyone as I seem to write just before I go to sleep, not sure this is working. Thanks
Old 06-23-2013, 01:10 AM   #50  
IP Start 2/5/13

S/C/G: 315/ip292/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 5in

I am not very good at writing things down, but I found I really do enjoy tracking on myfitnesspal and seeing how all of the numbers add up! I am practicing for the future as I think in maintenance it will be very important for me to keep track at least initially.

Now yesterday, I did decide to preplan my day on paper, (gotta love the word preplan, picked it up from Lisa) everything I planned on eating for the day (today) and I liked the results.

From what I have read on here, some coaches want to read your food journal weekly. Mine has never asked to see one, but said if there was any issues with no weight loss that she would like to see one to id any problems. So far I have never had a week without any losses! But I did have several no WI weeks, who knows what really happened on those.

Anyway hope this makes sense I am tired and just looked at what time it is.
Good night, all!
Old 06-23-2013, 01:13 AM   #51  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishthayer View Post
Just a quick question...do you all keep food journals? Do you write down everything you eat or if you stay OP why bother? Just looking to see what works for everyone as I seem to write just before I go to sleep, not sure this is working. Thanks
While I was 'seeing' my coach I did use a journal and kept track of everything I ate and drank. When I went rogue I started using MyFitnessPal and still track everything I eat, I am doing this because I figure this is a skill I will want to be comfortable with for when I get to maintenance. Just part of changing how I used to do things, so I do not get the same results. (I figure if I write it down somewhere then I can't forget and think its okay if I have another 'treat,' Our minds are funny in how we can talk ourselves into things if we want to.)
Old 06-23-2013, 05:59 AM   #52  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brelo View Post
crazynette, I love your response, it is so true!

Anyway, I just couldn't get into it with my friend. She is rail thin, never had a weight problem in her life. I could have told her, "you know, on the one hand you do have a point, but what I'm doing is not one of those quick wt loss schemes where you dump a bunch of water, lose some muscle, keep all of your fat, slow down your metabolism, and then gain MORE fat when you go off of the scheme." But I did not have the energy. I pondered for a moment telling her that this is a protein (muscle) sparing diet, that I have committed to do doing. That I am learning new, healthy habits. That I have to run to the store because I run out of fresh vegetables. That I have more kitchen messes than ever before because I am actually preparing my own meals now instead of frozen lean cuisine. That I set aside 2 hours on the weekends just to prepare enough lunches for my work week. That I feel like a million bucks both in my body and in my head. That the depression has lifted. But I did not have the energy to do that, especially after seeing the serious sober look on her face. And my sensitive emotions had fully kicked in and I just let it go.

Thanks all for reading, just knowing you are here and checking in is the best medicine ever!
This is why I don't go into details with anyone...When they comment on my weight loss I just tell them I'm "not diabetic ..always have had a glucose of 89-90...& still do but for some reason a low glycemic diet with a kick up of protein seems to agree with my metabolism." Read about trying it for the first time in a book called "The Thyroid diet..."

I don't use shakes in front of anyone except my adult kids and my spouse. If I am "out" it's a salad and chicken breast for me...then I rearrange the rest of my eating-day..The only person I would have told was my best-est friend of 34 years who passed away suddenly 5 summers ago...she would have "gotten" this and been happy ...SO happy I found something that worked...I hope she can see me....I ask her all the time if she knows ...I finally found the answer. And oh yes...she was skinny...skinny. One time she told me to stop all the nonsense. She loved me. She had several sisters and the one who was thin like her passed away...and the others were all still alive. That is most contrar to conventional thinking...but ...it was true.
Old 06-23-2013, 07:31 AM   #53  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleNP View Post
Why not just have your mango shake (or another unrestricted) now? I always have my snack right before bedtime, I'm like a baby I sleep better when my belly is full
I had my restricted not long before that, so i just didn't know what to do. Would it have been better to have it?
Old 06-23-2013, 08:09 AM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
I had my restricted not long before that, so i just didn't know what to do. Would it have been better to have it?
This plan is so restrictive, it's always best to have everything. And remember, with extra exertion & symptoms like weakness/lightheadedness, THAT would have been a good time for the restricted. We add a packet with extra exercise/exertion, too.

Last edited by lisa32989; 06-23-2013 at 08:11 AM.
Old 06-23-2013, 08:14 AM   #55  
Started IP 6/21/2013

S/C/G: 246/219/165

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
I keep both written and myfitness pal. The written is for my coach, and the myfitnesspal is for me to see (as someone else mentioned, I love all the numbers!) and to get in the habit of long term. I had some success on WW (though it always faded over time) and I think I always did better when journaling, so I would like to do it for the rest of my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brelo View Post
Thank you, your simple statement helps so much. I definitely got wound up after talking to my friend! (If you couldn't tell)

I used my cute toaster oven again. This time I made lemon zucchini muffins
with the pudding mix. They are quite good! I made part of the batch with zucchini and part without for comparison, and I have to say I like them both equally well. The ones with the zucchini were a lot moister, though, delicious both ways! Try it with any pudding mix if you haven't done so yet!
This is such a personal journey that it can feel any attack on the diet, the science, our results, or food can feel like a personal attack. Keep thinking about your great results, how much better you feel, and how much healthier you are going to be long term!

On another note - do you cook your zucchini before putting it in the muffins? I have seen recipes calling for different ways, so I was just curious!

Thanks!
Old 06-23-2013, 08:56 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Welcome back BeanieMommy!

You know IP works...you'll get to goal this time and stay there!
Old 06-23-2013, 09:24 AM   #57  

Quote:
Research shows the people with the most long tern weight maintenance success keep a food journal

I used my IP journal for about 3 months befor transitioning to MFP, which I like b/c the IP foods are there & I can access from my computer or mobile devices.

I'm not just in this to lose weight, but to learn how to keep it off. Whatever tools I need to use to do that, I'm gonna start using. I truly want this to be my last diet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michy1979 View Post
Decided that I`m going to switch to alternatives. went to walmart today and bought 2 boxes of pure protein bars for under 7.00 each. Big difference compared to 4.00 a bar. I also picked up some pure protein powder to make shakes for just under 12.00 a can. cant believe the price differnce. i figure that this will last me 2 weeks, the powder maybe even longer. ill try them and see if i continue to lose. i figure i can just weigh myself every week and get my daughter to do the measuring. i think it will be a lot easier doing it this way then going to the clinic every week
Just be sure you got the ones that match IP
Sme of the pure protein products match up well and some are heavier cal, carbs or fat. Same with EAS brand. Saving $ is a good thing but when people think alts don't work, sometimes it is because products aren't comparable

You can read on the PP website and find the correct products & then you know you're getting the right ones when you shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalsgettingfit View Post
Soo I just made those califlower tortillas... appearently wax paper and parchment paper are not the same thing... lol whoops.
ugh...I guess everyone must learn that. I had to at one point!
Good luck with your next try!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynette826 View Post
I've gotten the comments about how losing weight slower is healthier for you in the long run, and will help you keep it off. I disagree. I lost 70 pounds 4 years ago over the course of 2 years. I gained that all back, plus 40 pounds. I think it doesn't matter how fast you take the weight off, the real trick is learning strategies to help you keep it off in maintenance. Losing quicker is more of a motivator to me that losing slowly.

I usually tell people that make that comment to me, that being that overweight is not healthy, and the quicker I can not be morbidly obese the better!
I'm not sure why people think they get to have to an opinion & I don't care who they are. How do THEY eat? Did they comment when we were gaining?

I had a coworker complimenting me and another chimed in : "I couldn't do just liquids all the time."

Hmmm...

Since she'd never really asked me about my diet, I guess she's just formed a negative opinion & wants to believe what she wants to believe. I eat a lot of veggie stir fries for lunch with my potato/zucchini muffins (or stir-fried "rice" with an omelet packet), so I'm not sure why she thinks I'm on a liquid diet. In this case, I believe the green-eyed monster is showing its ugly head since I wasn't the only one in my office with 100+ lbs to lose!

We had quite a thread about this a few months back. I can't remember the name of it or I'd link it.

People with no "skin in the game" get no opinion in my heath decisions. DH is thrilled with the changes and has made some of his own, dropping about 15 unwanted lbs. Our refrigerator is full of fresh, locally sourced produce, meat, and eggs. Other than protein bars, packets, powders there is very little processed food in our house. We'll always have some but we limit the boxes, bags, and cans.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:29 AM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauran View Post
On another note - do you cook your zucchini before putting it in the muffins? I have seen recipes calling for different ways, so I was just curious!!
I tried it both ways and like it better cooked.
I shred it and nuke it (usually shred 8 c and it cooks to 4 so I use 1/2 c cooked in my recipe (from 1c raw)
Then portion it out into snack-size ziplock bags in the freezer for future use.
I MUCH prefer the texture of the muffins with zucchini. Moister and more "substance"
Plus, at first, I needed ways to add veggies to food to,"get them all in". No longer a problem. Now it is limiting them to 4 c/day.
Old 06-23-2013, 11:16 AM   #59  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:

Yes, I do. I use the purchased app 'carb master' (takes a little bit of work to enter in particulars of ip foods.). I see it as a tool hat will help me when I am in Maintenance.

From past times of losing weight, I am finally beginning to realize how important a food diary is as an awareness raising tool that keeps me in check with reality of where my food consumption is at.

Keeping a diary I'd a good and powerful habit to develop.

Here is an ip coaching video about it: http://idealcoaching.tv/wp/archives/110
Old 06-23-2013, 12:03 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 187/138/140

Height: 5'3"

Testament to dehydrated jicama sprinkled with cinnamon and stevia: my 3yo ate two handfuls straight from the dehydrator this morning.
Closed Thread