Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 08:34 AM   #496  

Good morning
I had some wonderful NSVs yesterday

My (very large, very spread out) department had an all-day meeting yesterday <ugh>
People I haven't seen in eons came up to me just amazed. One person said she analyzed style, walk, voice, before determining it really was me!

I got SO.MANY compliments! It really felt great. One person on Thursday told me how jealous she is. What honesty there. I had shared the program with her but $$ is holding her back. I shared how she can do it using alts. I'll keep her in my positive thoughts & provide any encouragement I can...but I know it took me EIGHT MONTHS to get my head into IP before I was willing.

Anyway, yesterday felt awesome, especially b/c most of the people I work closest with have said very little. It is hard to describe that environment but there is one "leader of the pack" who is also heavy. I've noticed every positive comment is said when she is not around. She is definitely a "land mine" & I'm pretty sure there is some behind-the-back talk going on. Yesterday, one of the gals from my office stopped me privately and asked me about my diet. I wouldn't think she needs to lose weight but she wants to drop about 20. Of course, I'll be happy to share (privately, so she doesn't get "caught" consorting by the pack leader). Yup. This is the environment in which I work. Sound healthy?

I also know what it feels like to be heavy and watch someone lose weight and want it SO.BADLY but not be in the space to be willing to do what it takes (or to think I know better, or whatever...I've been there & lived it). So I have some compassion for the situation but I also realize what an unhealthy environment it creates right now. I'm really being treated like an outcast. It is unfortunate to spend the majority of waking hours in such a situation...but I just try to keep smiling and to stay away as much as possible (luckily I get to travel from site-to-site in my job).

Anyway...long story to share my NSVs from the beginning!
Old 08-24-2013, 08:38 AM   #497  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
Nolawhodatchick, I love the "Bless your heart" story. Don't think a northern can pull it off as well. Lol.
I was thinking that, too. I'll have to figure out a way to give it a shot, tho. It would certainly throw the northern gals for a loop!

Maybe I could try it in this situation (from my story above):
Well, bless your heart for thinking I wouldn't want to go to lunch "because of my diet". But just know I can usually find something to eat just about anywhere
Old 08-24-2013, 08:51 AM   #498  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Good morning!

Good for you Lisa for staying strong and committed in a less than ideal situation. That takes a lot of courage and determination (or in my case plain old stubbornness!).

I have noticed that the people who criticize what I am doing the most are usually the ones who want to lose weight and can come up with a gazillion reasons why they can't. I actually had one of my sisters (I have a lot of sisters) tell me yesterday "oh, I can't do no carb, my doctor said it's not healthy." What???? Who said anything about "no carb" and I should hope her doc said it wasn't healthy! I tried to explain "low carb" but she's totally made up her mind. Oh well.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:33 AM   #499  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
Packing up the vehicles to take my youngest back to school for his junior year at NDSU. I hope I don't cry too much when we say goodbye. After we get him settled in his apartment we will be heading to Minneapolis for a week of family and fun. Going to the state fair, renaissance festival, taking a cement sculpting class and lots of other activities. One sister in law is also on IP, which makes it easier, and the other is watching what she eats. I love fair food, so I will have to be steadfast there. I can do it!

Nolawhodatchick, I love the "Bless your heart" story. Don't think a northern can pull it off as well. Lol.

I hope everyone has a great weekend!
I went to a small local fair last weekend. It smelled really good and was tempting, but then I imagined all the health regulations that must be broken, and all the food booths being really dirty!! I'm not saying that they were, I just imagined it quite vividly, and once I did that, I totally lost my appetite for any of it!

Have a great family vacation, and hopefully not too many tears dropping off your son (although if there are, that is ok too!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Good morning

My (very large, very spread out) department had an all-day meeting yesterday <ugh>
People I haven't seen in eons came up to me just amazed. One person said she analyzed style, walk, voice, before determining it really was me!

I got SO.MANY compliments! It really felt great. One person on Thursday told me how jealous she is. What honesty there. I had shared the program with her but $$ is holding her back. I shared how she can do it using alts. I'll keep her in my positive thoughts & provide any encouragement I can...but I know it took me EIGHT MONTHS to get my head into IP before I was willing.

Anyway, yesterday felt awesome, especially b/c most of the people I work closest with have said very little. It is hard to describe that environment but there is one "leader of the pack" who is also heavy. I've noticed every positive comment is said when she is not around. She is definitely a "land mine" & I'm pretty sure there is some behind-the-back talk going on. Yesterday, one of the gals from my office stopped me privately and asked me about my diet. I wouldn't think she needs to lose weight but she wants to drop about 20. Of course, I'll be happy to share (privately, so she doesn't get "caught" consorting by the pack leader). Yup. This is the environment in which I work. Sound healthy?

I also know what it feels like to be heavy and watch someone lose weight and want it SO.BADLY but not be in the space to be willing to do what it takes (or to think I know better, or whatever...I've been there & lived it). So I have some compassion for the situation but I also realize what an unhealthy environment it creates right now. I'm really being treated like an outcast. It is unfortunate to spend the majority of waking hours in such a situation...but I just try to keep smiling and to stay away as much as possible (luckily I get to travel from site-to-site in my job).

Congrats on all the compliments. You are working in a tough environment. I remember you saying that there were many close to you that had not said anything. I experience the same thing with my family. It's tough, but it's not going to change. I, glad that so,e people were able to speak out, and that you were able to help some others out too. My coach recently told me that I wouldn't believe how may people have joined IP because of me. Yet I only know of two for sure. But I'm ok with that, I didn't tell anyone I was on a diet for a long time.

I really feel badly for you that you are outcast at your workplace. Hopefully you have a few allies, and good for you for focusing on the positives, like the travelling.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:34 AM   #500  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Good morning

Lisa- You have multiple Grand Puba landmines on a daily basis in that environment!! SHEESH!

So glad you are in a mental place where you can insulate yourself from the damage ...On your way now to being a POW .. (Previously Over Weight) .. caught in that.... and kudos for all the positive words coming at you now. You earned every one of them!!!

Last edited by 65X65; 08-24-2013 at 09:48 AM.
Old 08-24-2013, 09:46 AM   #501  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
I was thinking that, too. I'll have to figure out a way to give it a shot, tho. It would certainly throw the northern gals for a loop!

Maybe I could try it in this situation (from my story above):
Well, bless your heart for thinking I wouldn't want to go to lunch "because of my diet". But just know I can usually find something to eat just about anywhere
Lisa, that would have you sounding like a true southern belle! And it's hard to argue with someone who says "Bless your heart!"

Congrats on all the NSV, the compliments, the honesty from your coworker, the fact that people respect you enough to ask what you are doing despite the "consequences" they may face. It's a shame when grownups act like catty adolescent mean girls. So sorry you have to face a difficult work environment, and for doing something good and healthy for yourself. I remember a friend once telling me she had noticed long ago that the healthier she got physically and emotionally, the more people around her thought she was becoming a biotch. Their limitation, not yours, that they can't just be happy for you. You really have been an inspiration to me!
Old 08-24-2013, 12:20 PM   #502  

Okay, you guys made me cry. Which means this work environment bothers me a LOT more than I "admit". There isn't much I can do about it except be positive and ignore the land mine(s). Confronting it would only make it more uncomfortable and I'm sure somehow it would get turned around and pointed back at me (that is just how some people roll).

I'm going to now start practicing saying "bless your heart". I hope I don't need a brimmed hat, white gloves, umbrella, and skirts with hose even when it's hot!

I had a (now deceased) friend who used to say she prayed for difficult people, even when it was hard and all she could do was "pray for the B!^@#). I always loved her.
Old 08-24-2013, 02:09 PM   #503  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Okay, you guys made me cry. Which means this work environment bothers me a LOT more than I "admit". There isn't much I can do about it except be positive and ignore the land mine(s). Confronting it would only make it more uncomfortable and I'm sure somehow it would get turned around and pointed back at me (that is just how some people roll).

I'm going to now start practicing saying "bless your heart". I hope I don't need a brimmed hat, white gloves, umbrella, and skirts with hose even when it's hot!

I had a (now deceased) friend who used to say she prayed for difficult people, even when it was hard and all she could do was "pray for the B!^@#). I always loved her.
Lol, I got a visual of a before and after picture of you in the brimmed hat, white gloves, umbrella, skirt and hose. You look awesome in the outfit!!!
Old 08-24-2013, 09:00 PM   #504  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

Lisa you are a hero and inspiration to lots of us here. Stupid land mines are the ones missing out.
Old 08-25-2013, 02:15 PM   #505  

We're over 500 posts.
New thread started here http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ml#post4824586
Closed Thread