Old 06-07-2013, 02:55 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodi73 View Post
Sarita- my friend also told me to cut back on the restricteds...it's so hard to though.... those are my favorites. I'm a really picky eater, and the only foods I can get down on IP are some of the soups (NOT the tomato one- that was a complete disaster), the chocolate drinks, and of course the restricteds. After the wedding tomorrow i'll try doing a week of no restricted snacks and see how that helps.
Actually the IP research shows that people who follow the protocol exactly including the daily restricted do much better and stick with it for the long run. Everything is cut to the minimum already and cutting things out upsets the balance. Making sure you get the oil in will make a bigger difference than cutting out the restricteds.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:01 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleNP View Post
No this is DEFINATELY NOT TRUE. Just confirmed with IP.
It is not that is doesn't count. The issue is that when using it to cook some of it gets left in the pan and you don't get it all in. I had a stall for over a month and my coach suggested I carefully measure out the oil and put it on my salad all at once and I started losing again. Lots of people use the oil to roast the veggies and that seems to work well too in making sure you are actually consuming all of it.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:07 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

The EAS shakes are unrestricted, the Quest bars can go either way. Many are good based on carbs but are a little higher than IP foods in calories, some are higher in calories but good on carbs so are restricted. I just have one a day sometimes as a restricted often unrestricted. I'm not super active but I do have 3 children under 6 and think the extra maybe 40 calories are not going to make much difference in my losses.
AprilH3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:28 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 260/260/150

Height: 5'3"

Thanks for the quest suggestion- I just ordered some of their cookie dough bars from amazon
jodi73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:16 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 395/241.5/250

Height: 6'4"

I've got no great insights into the workings of how IP works for you.

The only thing I have to share is that I've come to learn is that there is no "typical" on this plan. How one person reacts can not be transferred or generalized to how you will respond to the plan. My wife responds completely differently than I do. She can lose between a half a pound up to 3 pounds per week. She follows the plan exactly as it is laid out.

Myself - besides the gender difference - can't eat any of the restricted items - as soon as I do my weight loss stops immediately. as well, I don't lose every pounds or inches every week. My loses usually occur ever second week. They are also bigger than average. I was losing 12, 15, and once 20 pounds at a time. It has slowed now obviously but still not "typical" of what the other guys have experienced.

So stay strong - as I am learning this program is much more than just losing weight and scale numbers. It's also about getting to know your body and how it responds to food and how you respond emotionally to food.

Well that's all I got - take what you want and leave the rest, have a good weekend.
Spiritman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:32 PM   #36  
Started IP 04/08/13

S/C/G: HW/387/SWIP/267/see ticker/170

Height: 5"8.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleNP View Post
No this is DEFINATELY NOT TRUE. Just confirmed with IP.
I didn't think so, but it seems quite a few people believe this? Is this another thing that varies coach to coach?
Kaceroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:18 PM   #37  
Started IP 5/20/2013

S/C/G: 270/IP211.8/ticker/140

Height: 5' 3"

Default You will not be disappointed!

Quote:
Thanks for the quest suggestion- I just ordered some of their cookie dough bars from amazon
I just got some of those this week too. I've been eating the coconut cashew and cinnamon roll ones for months, way before IP, and thought they were really good. The cookie dough bars are AMAZING.
Divadani13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:33 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 133.9/123.3/113

Height: 5'1.5"

Quote:
Hi! I tend to lurk here, but decided to post out of frustration, hoping someone can give some good advice.

I started IP through a doctor's office on May 1,2013. As pricey as it is, I decided to do it because I have virtually no metabolism (nothing wrong with my thyroid or anything- I just have always had a terrible metabolism), and my friend who did this a year ago dropped 35 lbs really quickly. I know a few people who do or have done IP, and they all have lost 4-7 lbs per week. I've been averaging 1-2lbs/week, the same sort of weight loss that Weight Watchers would give, and on WW, you're not restricted from eating anything. I can't think of what i'm doing wrong- other than not really eating lettuce, as I follow the plan to the letter. Has anyone else gone through a rather slow loss? When my friend assured me this diet takes pounds off really quickly, it convinced me, as I had about 90-100lbs total that I needed to lose, and i'm a very 'instant gratification' type person, so I figured I could bear with such a restrictive diet if it meant losing alot each week- it would motivate me to stick with it, but so far, i'm losing that motivation from losing so slowly.

Thanks for reading!
Jodi
Jodi,
Look at my weekly weigh ins below. People are just different. Everyone loses differently-even if they eat the exact same things! I understand how you feel because I also did weight watchers and I also thought " I get the same weekly weight loss from weight watchers." However, I think that IP is healthier. On weight watchers I would eat junk (ice cream, French fries, doughnuts!). So, don't give up. Think about the health benefits to your body, not just the numbers.
Jen02719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:02 PM   #39  

Quote:
Jodi,
I noticed that you said your kids have severe food allergies. If they are allergic to nuts, be careful around them with the Quest bars. Every single protein bar that Quest makes has nuts in it -- almonds in almost all of them and some with peanuts.
42itus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 10:46 AM   #40  

S/C/G: 237/201/175

Height: 5'9"

I have been using the Ideal protein shakes and bars from costco. Still losing with them although the wallet is staying a little heavier buying them at Costco.
Toolttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 12:02 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 260/260/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42itus View Post
Jodi,
I noticed that you said your kids have severe food allergies. If they are allergic to nuts, be careful around them with the Quest bars. Every single protein bar that Quest makes has nuts in it -- almonds in almost all of them and some with peanuts.
No worries Alot of the IP packets have a food warning as well... I generally eat it at work and brush teeth/wash hands before going near them
jodi73 is offline   Reply With Quote