3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   IP Daily Chat Friday 6/7/2013 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/283116-ip-daily-chat-friday-6-7-2013-a.html)

SeattleNP 06-07-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tomi (Post 4765650)
Tip 'o the day - make sure that lid is on tight before you shake your drink like it's a maraca at Carnivale. Aaaargh.

Since beginning ideal protein I have taken impromptu baths in shake/pudding/soup at least 4 times!!!!! I have reverted to using my bullet to avoid this, but next week I will be out of town so its back to the shaker!!!

Some days I have more stains on my t-shirt than a new mother. NOT a good look for a 50ish woman!

SeattleNP 06-07-2013 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trishthayer (Post 4765689)
Start of thrid day on IP! Frist day was easy not hungry all at, even had a hard time getting all my food in. Yesterday I was hungry, slight headache but I really felt okay.....BUT I just realized I ate an extra packet! I wrote it all down and kept track and still ate an extra packet. Not really sure how I did that???? I have read on thi forum about using an extra packet if needed etc., will this kill my frist weeks weightloss? Thanks for the help

I wouldn't worry Trish, my coach gave the go-ahead to eat an extra packet or two hard boiled eggs the first week. I did it twice (the eggs) and still had a 5 lbs. loss.

dak1lls 06-07-2013 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breakofday71 (Post 4765824)
Happy Friday fellow IPers :D

I have a interesting challenge facing me today....it is my b-day. I want to treat myself to all my favorites, and yet I don't want to go off plan now that I am finally seeing the scale moving the right direction again...

Here is wishing for an extra dose of WILL POWER to stay on track today for everyone who is in need of it:flow1:

Happy Birthday to my fellow Gemini! As a matter of fact, it is my birthday today as well! I just found out DH invited our kids over tonight for a BBQ. I'm not sure what the menu is, but sure hope he has planned something I can eat. He is very familiar with my restrictions, so I am crossing my fingers. I hope noone brings cake!

charlie518 06-07-2013 01:51 PM

Long time lurker, first time poster :) I have been on IP using alternatives for almost 8 weeks and have lost 23 lbs (total weight loss of 49lbs)! 11 more lbs to goal! I love reading through all the daily posts, it helps keep me on track and motivated to keep moving forward! Hope everybody has a great day!!

sarita75 06-07-2013 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amberjules (Post 4766008)
Happy Friday!
To my amazement the shorts easily pulled up, then buttoned, then zipped. Wha?????? A size 12!!?? No way. I checked the tag again that was stapled to the outside of the shorts and sure enough it said size 12. So just in case they tagged it wrong - I checked the inside of the shorts to see what that tag said. Size 12 again. It's safe to assume it was a size 12 now.
The shorts were a bit snug in my stomach in rear end so maybe in about 7 more lbs lost I can wear the shorts out in public. A-Mazing!!!

WOW! Congrats!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dak1lls (Post 4766029)
Happy Birthday to my fellow Gemini! As a matter of fact, it is my birthday today as well! I just found out DH invited our kids over tonight for a BBQ. I'm not sure what the menu is, but sure hope he has planned something I can eat. He is very familiar with my restrictions, so I am crossing my fingers. I hope noone brings cake!

Happy day to you too!

I had a little NSV just now. My coworker told me that my Size 14 skinny jeans are sagging in the butt. Granted, I was just sitting down, but huzzah! AND last night my boyfriend patted my tummy when I was standing up (yeah, he's an odd guy sometimes) and I DIDN'T CRINGE! Hooray!!!

A1Texan 06-07-2013 02:54 PM

Quote:

Happy Friday!

Another NSV this week! I had to literally pinch myself to believe it. I purchased some shorts about 3-4 years ago as a "goal" to help me lose weight. The shorts are a size 12. I can't even remember a time I was in a size 12 - maybe when I was 19 or 20???

Anyways, I saw the shorts stuffed way back in the dark holes of my chest of drawers with the tags still on it. As I pulled them out to check the size I thought I would go ahead and try it on as a benchmark to see how much more I needed to lose to get into these shorts.

To my amazement the shorts easily pulled up, then buttoned, then zipped. Wha??????

A size 12!!?? No way. I checked the tag again that was stapled to the outside of the shorts and sure enough it said size 12. So just in case they tagged it wrong - I checked the inside of the shorts to see what that tag said. Size 12 again. It's safe to assume it was a size 12 now.

The shorts were a bit snug in my stomach in rear end so maybe in about 7 more lbs lost I can wear the shorts out in public. A-Mazing!!!

Awesome NSV. Congrats Anber..!!!

A1Texan 06-07-2013 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spunky536 (Post 4765877)
So my DH was so impressed by my progress pics that he wants to start the diet on Monday! (they are in my profile if anyone wants to see) I am still not at my goal yet, but 100% more comfortable in my owns skin, except for those few times my mind does not agree. It will be great not to have to cook separate dinners anymore, although it did help me to learn how to resist foods that are put right in front of me. He's also been showing my pic to the people at work. He's so proud of me it's adorable. (although before the pics he didn't realize how much I have lost. I think its different since he sees me daily)
It feels great being able to inspire people, like so many of you have done for me. I love this site! :)

Great pic's Spunky and super work. Good luck to your DH. Truly an inspiration for others :D

bbb60 06-07-2013 03:04 PM

I am quickly running out of clothes that fit!! A great thing and a bad thing. I went shopping for capris and the 16's are too big but the 14's are still a little snug. UGH!! I'll try again in a couple of weeks.
I have been getting so many compliments this week. I think it is because I finally bought some tops that fit the new me and it made such a difference. I'm down 58.5 and feel so good both physically and mentally.
My husband is doing the cooking for us since he retired and I'm still working and it is so wonderful to go home to dinner on the table. He is so supportive and from day one said that he was only cooking what I could eat and that he would eat the same thing. He has really been watching his breakfast and lunch meals and cutting out things that he knows isn't good for him and he has lost around 25 lbs. This new lifestyle change has been great for both of us and with him being on board, it will be so much easier to continue this for the long term.

Breakofday71 06-07-2013 03:28 PM

Question for you all....

My clinic/coach uses a BC3 to measure body fat percentage and hydration levels. I take these measurements with a grain of salt, and look for the general trends. However, during my last WI, my hydration levels(which have been steadily dropping as I drop the weight) are nearing negative numbers. My coach wants me to drink more water - beyond the 64 oz min that I struggle with (not counting the 16 oz to cover my cup of coffee and cup of black tea), and increase my salt intake to help retain water.

Is this part of the true protocol? Or is this one of those many coach specific things?

Debrasb 06-07-2013 03:47 PM

Quote:

Happy Friday!

Another NSV this week! I had to literally pinch myself to believe it. I purchased some shorts about 3-4 years ago as a "goal" to help me lose weight. The shorts are a size 12. I can't even remember a time I was in a size 12 - maybe when I was 19 or 20???

Anyways, I saw the shorts stuffed way back in the dark holes of my chest of drawers with the tags still on it. As I pulled them out to check the size I thought I would go ahead and try it on as a benchmark to see how much more I needed to lose to get into these shorts.

To my amazement the shorts easily pulled up, then buttoned, then zipped. Wha??????

A size 12!!?? No way. I checked the tag again that was stapled to the outside of the shorts and sure enough it said size 12. So just in case they tagged it wrong - I checked the inside of the shorts to see what that tag said. Size 12 again. It's safe to assume it was a size 12 now.

YAY!!! What a feeling!!

navydocmom 06-07-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breakofday71 (Post 4765824)
Happy Friday fellow IPers :D

I have a interesting challenge facing me today....it is my b-day. I want to treat myself to all my favorites, and yet I don't want to go off plan now that I am finally seeing the scale moving the right direction again...

Here is wishing for an extra dose of WILL POWER to stay on track today for everyone who is in need of it:flow1:

Happy Birthday!! Let your birthday gift to yourself be the gift of staying on track! You will love yourself tomorrow for it. You don't want to waste three days to get back to fat burning. Stay strong! You can do this!:dizzy:

navydocmom 06-07-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dak1lls (Post 4766029)

Happy Birthday!!! :carrot:

sarita75 06-07-2013 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Breakofday71 (Post 4766147)
Question for you all....

My clinic/coach uses a BC3 to measure body fat percentage and hydration levels. I take these measurements with a grain of salt, and look for the general trends. However, during my last WI, my hydration levels(which have been steadily dropping as I drop the weight) are nearing negative numbers. My coach wants me to drink more water - beyond the 64 oz min that I struggle with (not counting the 16 oz to cover my cup of coffee and cup of black tea), and increase my salt intake to help retain water.

Is this part of the true protocol? Or is this one of those many coach specific things?

My center uses something similar. And yes, I have been told to increase my water intake as well. AS well, you may need to increase your salt somewhat.

Spiritman 06-07-2013 04:20 PM

NSV for me today finally got word that me contract at work is being renewed. Thank goodness - thought I might be picking bottles in the ditches for a living.

As well, today I actually wore a shirt - untucked - been a tucker for as long as I can remember - that has a little cling in it. I always avoided those types of shirts in the past.

The best part, I didn't walk around all day feeling self conscious about how I looked.

esterbailey 06-07-2013 04:24 PM

Day 1

I was on this program and very sucessful 3 years ago- then i decided to "test" how far can I go- and i sucessfully gained back 10 pounds!

I haven't been able to start again, until i got on the scale and photographed how far i've come- back to 170.5 pounds. did i really write 170.5 pounds? seems unreal that i weigh that, except that all my clothes are really really tight- that's my "big" set - the others don't fit dizzy:
i've never added my comments before and am excited about that being helpful for others and for me.