Old 06-04-2013, 09:06 PM   #1  

Exclamation Males on IP i need thine - Help!!!

Hello all i just started the IP diet W1 i have lost 7 pounds. I'm 33 and started at 221 at 5'8 i have weightlifted Simi- regularly most of my life, so at this point i look like a out of shape pro wrestler lol, but that why i tell my wife" i have rock hard muscle under this flabby exterior babe!." So my question is.... has anyone heard of other males out there getting close to single digit fat level while on this program? I have cut all weights out for the first two weeks per my coach’s instructions but plan on going back after the two weeks. I'm not so much concerned with the pounds i lose if my body continues to drop at the normal rate
jlnoah87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:29 PM   #2  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

The IP diet is a PSMF diet. While in theory it is possible to get down to single digit body fat while following this kind of diet in practice it is not going to work.

Personally, I would not suggest a long time body builder follow the IP diet protocol as written. You'll lose some of that hard earned muscle. The challenge with the IP diet is it has the same protocol for a 4'11" sedentary female as a 5'8" muscle bound man such as yourself. Rediculous.

I'd advise you to check out Lyle Mcdonald's "Rapid Fat Loss" which has specific protocols for bodybuilders. It is a PSMF diet as well but if you follow it you'll be able to keep the muscle underneath.

As you get to 15% body fat you'll find that following any kind of PSMF diet for any length of time will result in obsessing over food and a loss of strength in the weight room. To get to single digit body fat takes a lot of time and a lot of dedication. (Or a lot of drugs)

Goodluck
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote