Closed Thread

Old 09-12-2013, 03:19 PM   #406  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
65 - So sorry to hear you are having these health issues. I completely agree with Slownsteady. It will be easier to recover from surgery, if you go that route, now that you have shed the extra weight. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Have a good day, everyone!
Thank you...I've kept that thought in mind....so far holding steady maintaining weight since I was released, but will adjust some of where calories are coming from as I add fruit. Adding nuts and dairy has actually made variety possible. (Being gluten free kind of challenges the phase off .. ) But what my IP site worked out for me to do to accomplish this quickly seems to be working.
Old 09-12-2013, 08:44 PM   #407  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
and molly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
dana, delgen, yesmyqueen!!!!!
hockeymom, fishette, lizzy.....
dizzyjean.....the list goes on and on!!!
bluejewel!!!

I'm here, I'm here

Just overwhelmed starting the job Monday. Contract work, you have to hit the ground running and since this is a 6 week gig, I really have to be quick getting up to speed to be able to get all the requirements ironed out and written. I'm so tired when I get home. All that at the job and an hour commute each way. UGH! Now to top it off, DH goes back to Michigan tomorrow and will stay while I work. Hmmm. Something wrong with this picture. Unfortunately, it's the way it has to be. I'm the one with the marketable skills.

When DH leaves, I'm going back on P1. I haven't got on the scales, but my pants a getting a tiny bit tighter than the last 6 months. Stress cortisol packing it around the middle and a few lax meals. I'll NEVER get over being a stress eater.

65 - glad to hear you're getting through your issues.

Diana B - I've been around long enough, I remember you.

Glad to hear from Barb again. Hang in there we're all the same, human.

I'm sure I missed someone, but I'll try to be around more than being a lurker.

Molly
Old 09-12-2013, 10:15 PM   #408  

S/C/G: 152/134/125

Height: 5'2"

Hi Everyone!
Thought I'd to share a quick IP recipe for any phase.

I can't have any restricted items. They yank me right out of Ketosis, so I was excited to hear about an IP waffle recipe using unrestricted IP packet.

IP Waffles Phase 1
1-IP Pudding Packet
1-egg or 2-egg whites
2 oz of water
1/4 tsp baking powder
Pinch of Sea Salt

Optional: a few drops of flavored Stevia

Optional spices: cinnamon, vanilla, pumpkin pie

Beat egg and water until mixed.
Add spices, salt and baking power.
Stir in one IP pudding packet. Mix will be thick.
Pour into greased waffle iron

Walden Farms toppings: maple or chocolate syrup
(Has anyone tried these syrups? I've tried a few of their
products and they're disgusting)

Or make 3 small pancakes by adding a
little bit of extra water.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:19 PM   #409  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
I'm here, I'm here

All that at the job and an hour commute each way. UGH! Now to top it off, DH goes back to Michigan tomorrow and will stay while I work. Hmmm. Something wrong with this picture. Unfortunately, it's the way it has to be. I'm the one with the marketable skills.

When DH leaves, I'm going back on P1. I haven't got on the scales, but my pants a getting a tiny bit tighter than the last 6 months. Stress cortisol packing it around the middle and a few lax meals. I'll NEVER get over being a stress eater.
hi molly....sorry things have been so stressful for you and my that's an awful commute time. why is dh leaving?? how long will he be gone. i am so sorry you have to be apart. are you going to stay now in ga??

let us know when u r back on p1. we are here for you!
Old 09-13-2013, 06:33 AM   #410  
Feed Your Freedom

well today is the last day of week 2 of my reboot....excited to weigh in tomorrow! i've been a good girl all week!!

EVERYONE HAVE A FABULOUS FRIDAY!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-13-2013, 06:36 AM   #411  
Feed Your Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Rainbow..
LOL.. I'm sort of in the same boat! Trying to catch up with a lot of folks today...long timers as well as newer posters. And I was only off line a short while......you are really lost ! You're legend at 3FCs!
Nice to see you around.
nice to see you around too legend!!?? as if!!
but if anything i can post can inspire just one person, then that makes me very happy indeed!
Old 09-13-2013, 08:04 AM   #412  

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post
Lisa, you are 15 pounds from your goal!
Thanks for noticing. I'm stalled again so I'm returning to phase cycling. If that doesn't work, I'll do the alt plan & ramp up exercise

So happy you & other maintaining buddies check in here. I lurk on the maintainer thread but won't post there until I've earned that right...14 more lbs! I'm hoping this body cooperates!

Last edited by lisa32989; 09-14-2013 at 06:42 PM.
Old 09-14-2013, 12:46 PM   #413  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

S/C/G: 250/119/124

JLUS asked about diabetes and Phase 3, so I am giving my first report.

Started Phase 3 today - my starting weight is 118.8, down from 124.2 on the first day of Phase 2. I was surprised that I lost so much on Phase 2. It is confusing because I spent maybe 3.5 months losing the last 10 pounds on Phase 1 and then all of a sudden on Phase 2 I have big whooshes. I think right now I am at the rock bottom because I did not intend to go this low and I don't think it looks good on me (can see breastplate, knees looking big, this is probably too low for me.)

Anyway, my fasting blood sugar this morning was 67.
40 minutes after eating my breakfast, it was 126.
1 hour number was 105.
2 hour number was 111.
I took it again before lunch and it was 96.

My breakfast was:
2 Nutrigrain Low fat waffles, 24 carb, 5 protein, 2.5 fat, 140 calories
Nonfat Greek Yogurt, plain, 10 carb, 23 protein, 0 fat, 130 calories
Strawberries, cup, 9 carb, 1 protein, 0 fat, 52 calories
Peanut butter, 1T, 3 carb, 3.5 protein, 8 fat, 95 calories
Total 46 carb, 32.5 protein, 10.5 fat, 417 calories

Tomorrow I will try a fruit a little higher in carbs and a cereal a little lower in carbs. I was full at breakfast but I still wanted my lunch.

So far so good on Phase 3!

Have a great week!
Old 09-14-2013, 01:09 PM   #414  
Workin' It

S/C/G: 205/186(IP)/159/150

Hello lovly ladies! Today is my 1st post on this thread...I turned 5-0 yesterday I've been lurking the past couple of weeks but wanted to wait until I was "official", kind of like Lisa's take on the maintainer thread. Alison, I've lost more on P3 also then during my last month on P1. Still have a few pounds to go, but thought I'd shake it up some by moving to a new phase. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Time for me to take the pups for a stroll.
Old 09-14-2013, 02:02 PM   #415  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonS View Post
JLUS asked about diabetes and Phase 3, so I am giving my first report.

Started Phase 3 today - my starting weight is 118.8, down from 124.2 on the first day of Phase 2. I was surprised that I lost so much on Phase 2. It is confusing because I spent maybe 3.5 months losing the last 10 pounds on Phase 1 and then all of a sudden on Phase 2 I have big whooshes. I think right now I am at the rock bottom because I did not intend to go this low and I don't think it looks good on me (can see breastplate, knees looking big, this is probably too low for me.)

Anyway, my fasting blood sugar this morning was 67.
40 minutes after eating my breakfast, it was 126.
1 hour number was 105.
2 hour number was 111.
I took it again before lunch and it was 96.

My breakfast was:
2 Nutrigrain Low fat waffles, 24 carb, 5 protein, 2.5 fat, 140 calories
Total 46 carb, 32.5 protein, 10.5 fat, 417 calories

Tomorrow I will try a fruit a little higher in carbs and a cereal a little lower in carbs. I was full at breakfast but I still wanted my lunch.

So far so good on Phase 3!

Have a great week!
Alison - Thanks for the updates. Wow, 67 as FBS seems pretty low!! Mine can be 95-110 to state so that clearly would take it higher to begin with. I was told by my nutritionist that a meal should be no more Han about a 40pt jump after an hour or just less. So of corse if mine jumps I can be in the 160 at that time. It does drop a good amount after the 2 hr mark.

Keep me posted. Good luck to you on P3!
Old 09-15-2013, 09:53 AM   #416  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

S/C/G: 250/119/124

Day 2 Diabetic on Phase 3 Report

Weight - 120.8
Fasting blood sugar this morning was 89.
40 minutes after eating my breakfast, it was 164.
1 hour number was 108.
2 hour number was 116 (post exercise)

My breakfast was:
Multigrain Cheerios 1 cup, 21 carb, 2 protein, 1 fat, 110 calories
Total 43 carb, 29.5 protein, 9 fat, 387 calories

This was slightly low on calories. Between hour one and hour two I did about 45 minutes of walking.

Numbers are acceptable but not as good as yesterday's numbers.

Hope all is well!

Last edited by AlisonS; 09-15-2013 at 09:53 AM.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:06 AM   #417  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieV View Post
Hello lovly ladies! Today is my 1st post on this thread...I turned 5-0 yesterday I've been lurking the past couple of weeks but wanted to wait until I was "official", kind of like Lisa's take on the maintainer thread. Alison, I've lost more on P3 also then during my last month on P1. Still have a few pounds to go, but thought I'd shake it up some by moving to a new phase. Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Time for me to take the pups for a stroll.
Happy birthday!!!
And what a wonderful birthday gift you've given to yourself!

I'm in a mood today. Head over to the 100%ers thread to read my vent, if curious. Lets just say some newbies (and someone I consider a lurker troll) have gotten on my very last nerve leading people down the primrose cheater path.

I restarted p3 on Thursday to shake things up again. Tired of these stalls and slow weight losses. Longing for the "small" loss weeks of under 2 lbs!
But I'm sticking with it (IP). I have no other choice. I refuse to go back to that other life. OMG it brings tears to my eyes at just the thought of it. Wow. Emotional day.

Thanks for being there all of you

Last edited by lisa32989; 09-15-2013 at 10:07 AM.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:16 AM   #418  
Feed Your Freedom

(((((((((((((((lisa)))))))))))))))
Old 09-15-2013, 03:40 PM   #419  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowsmiles View Post
hi molly....sorry things have been so stressful for you and my that's an awful commute time. why is dh leaving?? how long will he be gone. i am so sorry you have to be apart. are you going to stay now in ga??

let us know when u r back on p1. we are here for you!
Hi all,

Still stressed. Have got to get my head around this. Just started to adjust to work and now dh is gone, at least for a month. Rainbow wants to know why. There were commitments up in Michigan. It would be ridiculous to put both our lives on hold while I tried to find work. Consequently, he has two commitments to others. One is a woman we met at a car show who wants to get her parents' Corvair convertible running after 13+ years. This is a very emotional thing for her, so we didn't want to just leave her part way through this. Besides, this is something DH loves, working on old cars and then seeing her face light up with memories and be able to take her grandchildren around like she was able to when she was young.

As for staying in Georgia, we are still on track for moving to Michigan. But, I never said it would be quick. Getting through/rid/organize eighteen years of stuff and a whole bunch of cars is not easy. Plus, there are many, many more opportunities for me to work in Georgia.

I was gone this weekend and was not prepared food-wise for P1, so I will work towards the first of this week. I feel like my life is settling down a bit now and maybe the stress will get less.

Thanks for being there, all.

Molly
Old 09-15-2013, 09:44 PM   #420  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Yes Molly, this is a chance to get yourself totally organized food wise. The month will fly by.
Closed Thread