Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 08:32 PM   #241  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi Dana and blueskywyoming

It's nice to hear from those of you that were on here when I started 18+ months ago. But, so sorry for your bumps in the road of life.

I'm still moving down the maintenance road. I continually learn things on the way. I have found for me, sugar free chocolates do not bring back the cravings. I can have a piece or two and am fine. Give me a few M&Ms or even just a miniature or two with sugar and it's just like before, I want to eat the whole bag. I now stock up on the sugar free when they are on sale.

Actually had my first fun day last week. It was hard after 5 months of my favorite P3 breakfasts and maintenance meals to go back to P1, but I did and it worked. Shave prime rib sandwich, fries and a double dip sundae with brownie bits and whipped cream did not stay with me. It was a treat, but I don't plan to repeat that any time soon.

Keep OP and you'll make it to maintenance too.

Molly
Old 08-06-2013, 10:14 PM   #242  

Dana
I've had "a day"
Here's my short list:
Syntrax Nectar
Quest Bars (restricted)
Simply Chips (restricted)

I have an IP list, too. I need to pull it up to send it to you. Tomorrow will be better...
Old 08-07-2013, 02:24 PM   #243  

S/C/G: 242/242/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post

It's nice to hear from those of you that were on here when I started 18+ months ago. But, so sorry for your bumps in the road of life.

I'm still moving down the maintenance road. I continually learn things on the way. I have found for me, sugar free chocolates do not bring back the cravings. I can have a piece or two and am fine. Give me a few M&Ms or even just a miniature or two with sugar and it's just like before, I want to eat the whole bag. I now stock up on the sugar free when they are on sale.

Actually had my first fun day last week. It was hard after 5 months of my favorite P3 breakfasts and maintenance meals to go back to P1, but I did and it worked. Shave prime rib sandwich, fries and a double dip sundae with brownie bits and whipped cream did not stay with me. It was a treat, but I don't plan to repeat that any time soon.

Molly
Good to see you are still posting in this thread. You all are going to have to hear from me for a long time. I really do think that my #1 mistake was not continuing posting to 3FC which would have helped make me accountable. Oh, do I have a lot to learn from you and all of the new members.
Old 08-07-2013, 02:27 PM   #244  

S/C/G: 242/242/150

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post

Molly
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanafromAustin View Post
Hey Girlfriends, it has been forever, but I always think of y'all! I hope everyone is well and doing great. I have had a very stressful few months, and the weight is starting to creep back on, so even though I love my vegan lifestyle I think I need an IP tune up. In mid April I was diagnosed with early stage breast cancer, and since I already had LCIS (a pre-cancerous condition) I decided to have a double mastectomy with reconstruction mid June to deal with this monster once and for all. The surgery was long (9 hours) and the recovery was no walk in the park, but I'm well on my way to recovery now at the six week mark. The new state of the art reconstruction I had is called the DIEP procedure and it involves using your tummy fat to rebuild the breast, so I had a tummy tuck as part of the procedure. So, the good news is I now have a very flat tummy and happy to say the "hanging apron" is all gone. I will have to have more surgery to finish up everything in about two months, but that is just a day surgery and not nearly as big of a deal.

We are going out of town this Thursday for a long weekend, but when I get back I will be starting IP again on Monday to hopefully at least get back to where I was and then back to my vegan lifestyle. I don't like the soy in some of the IP products, but I'll put up with it just to get back to where I was. So, I look forward to checking back in with all of you again on a regular basis while I do this again.

Dana
Hi Dana,
Good to hear from you and so sorry of your illness and surgery. Have a good trip and we will be waiting here to support you when you return.

Brenda
Old 08-08-2013, 12:54 PM   #245  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Hi All!

Dana, it's so good to hear from you. I know you're going out of town for the weekend, but I wanted to get my "welcome back" message on here too. I'm so sorry to hear of all of your health issues. I wish you strength and smooth sailing from now on as you get back to yourself and stabilize. Your inner strength and the support of those around you will move you forward.

Bluesky, good to her from you too!

I've been in maintenance since April and I'm doing pretty good. I had a slight gain (5 pounds) after a month-long trip, which reminded me how fragile this this. But I did one day of P1 and 3 days of P3 and and I'm back to where I need to be. Water and a little exercise help tremendously.

I'm back home now, but have two more short trips before I settle in for the new semester. The biggie is my niece's wedding in NY at the end of August. I bought a dress a couple of days ago and I really can't gain anything until that wedding. A few less pounds on me would be ok, too.

Funny, but this goes against my philosophy. I really did not want to have to stay thin to fit into certain items of clothing, but oh, well. I just want to be healthy and happy.

On the upside - I've completely replaced my wardrobe by now. How fun is that? I'll need a few more things as the weather gets colder, but for now, I'm set. It's been a fun, gradual thing.

Molly, I hear you on the M&Ms and sugar-free chocolates. I still have one bar each day in the mid-afternoon. For now, it's a chocolate Zone protein bar and it completely fulfills my chocolate craving and gives me the protein boost that I need. But I know there are foods that I simply can't have in the house. So I don't.

Special hi to Evepet, 65, Lisa, Bellmack, Patns, and all the other wonderful people on this list. It's good to see you all!

Last edited by joysh; 08-08-2013 at 01:39 PM.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:18 PM   #246  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Have a great trip to the wedding Joyish, maybe you can post some picyures in the new dress when you get back; I know you will rock it! I'll bet many people won't recognise you.

Dana, I thought I posted the other day to say how pleased I am that you checked it but I don't see the post.I am sorry for all the medical issues you have gone through. But we are blessed to live in such a time that these medical options are available to us and give us the opportunity to go on to a healthy life. I hope you have a good trip.
Old 08-10-2013, 02:00 PM   #247  

Hi, ladies, i am new to this forum and curious if those of us who are more "mature" lose more slowly. It seems to make sense that it would be so. I am 60 and am down 15 pounds and three pounds from goal, but it has taken me almost two months. Have ya'll had slower lsses than the younger chicks, too?
Georgia
Old 08-10-2013, 02:13 PM   #248  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default Welcome magnolia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnoliaBlssom View Post
Hi, ladies, i am new to this forum and curious if those of us who are more "mature" lose more slowly. It seems to make sense that it would be so. I am 60 and am down 15 pounds and three pounds from goal, but it has taken me almost two months. Have ya'll had slower lsses than the younger chicks, too?
Georgia
Welcome...I am 65 and have had my heart set on losing 65 lbs by my 65th B-day...in 2 weeks and still have 3.5 lbs to go ...I started Jan 10 with relatively slow losses...(had the flu which did not help the first weeks) My weekly averages through about mid June was about 2.5 lbs a week. Now seeing between .5 and just under 2 lbs a week. Am exercising now also, but feel that it was time to add that important piece of this lifestyle change.

The smaller amount you have to lose and the closer to goal you are will also make it seem like water torture getting to the end, but I think the young'uns see that too at the end.

Congratulations on your success...!

Last edited by 65X65; 08-10-2013 at 02:13 PM.
Old 08-10-2013, 04:15 PM   #249  

You are so going to make it, 65! Even if you just miss (which I doubt), what an accomplishment. My mom used to be your height (at 88 she is now a few inches shorter) and was always very trim and athletic (my parents were avid tennis players) and she was probably generally 10 pounds more than you are now, so I bet you feel great now. Now she has gained more and hates it, but she has some other things going on at her age.

As to the question from Magnolia, I probably have lost a bit slower than younger folks (I am 57), but I try not to compare. I know I am losing TONS faster than when I was on WW!

That being said I gained today. I didn't expect that 7 pound WL last week, and today my water was up and fat was down, so I am not going to sweat it. It is not linear for me.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:21 PM   #250  
OneBadGRANDmotherRunner

S/C/G: 152/143/120

Height: 5'

Hello Fab 50+

I am returning after a long absence from the forums. I held my own (goal weight) for about 18 months but fell into that false belief that I no longer have a weight issue. Hello! I will always have to pay attention to what I put in my mouth.

I re-started with IP on August 8. I've restarted several times over the past 6 months. I'll admit it's not as easy this time around (for a variety of reasons) and I would love to visit here often for support, tips, and to share in the journey with you to good health and fitness.

Cheers Everyone!
Old 08-13-2013, 06:42 AM   #251  

There mst be way too mant new threads. I had to dig to find us!

So, I've always had cravings with restricteds. One makes me want more. This is true for both the Quest Bars and the Simply Chips so it doesn't matter if sweet or savory. I'd probably eat at least half the box if left to my cravings

I tried limiting by not buying a whole box.

I just went Sat-Mon with none and no cravings. So, last nite I bought four Quest bars at GNC to keep in the trunk of my car. There are times a bar would really come in handy.

I'm glad they were in the trunk b/c I was on my way home for dinner after 2 hour of PT and I WANTED one! I could have justified one after the PT but it was dinner time!

Happy to report all four are still in the trunk.

I did not feed the craving monster. Time to get that rascal under control once and for all. I am in charge of the food.
Old 08-15-2013, 04:48 PM   #252  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Hi all... This thread is way too quiet these days with some of the previous gang moved on��.. But the words of wisdom still echo if any of you are reading!

Lisa- way to go with a shopping expedition and "popping some tags" .. (My granddaughter loves that song .. Taught me all about it when we were on vacation!)

Still plugging along here.. Feels so slow and hard to stay patient which is why I advise it to others.... makes me have to do the same...! Since losses have been in the 1 pound-ish range now...I'm still not at goal, but less than 1.5 lbs from that 65 lb mark at WI this week. Know now Ill make it sooner rather than later and NO----not feeling like quitting. Never crossed my mind. Just had hoped I'd reach that milestone prior to my birthday. It will keep me humble needing to continue on a little while after the day... I guess. ⛅

NSV though...This week at WI dr said I defied all that is written about being older and losing weight! Although a bit wrinkly-crinkly in upper arms and thighs still.... The tummy is actually almost flat which is not something I thought would happen. The lower belly roll has been shrinking all summer and what is left is not detectable in clothes as of late. Lost more inches in my thighs as well this measurement. All I can think is the exercise has paid off. Will keep on with the weight bearing stuff and circuit training to get the crinkles diminished as much as I can.

I'll be moving off Phase 1 in the next few weeks though. Time to test adding some food groups and calories while working toward a lifetime of understanding tools for maintenance. Scarey. Exciting. And thankful.

So appreciate everyone's stories, ideas and victories as well as the challenges. Really find this is a part of my day that has become important and necessary. Hope the old crew has been doing well phasing into the next chapters and hope to hear what's gone we'll.. And where to be careful although the one thing I've learned from everyone is, we each have a different journey. However, in spite of what IS different ... understanding each story has given me a lot to guide me through the tunnel. I DO see light!!!!

Last edited by 65X65; 08-15-2013 at 04:49 PM.
Old 08-15-2013, 05:28 PM   #253  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Dana,
I remember you and hope your health troubles are behind you.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:23 PM   #254  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

S/C/G: 250/119/124

Glad to find this thread bumped up! Hi everyone!

My weight loss has really slowed lately, but my percent body fat is only 23.1 so I guess that is understandable. Still losing though, last weigh in I lost 1.6. I am nearing the end of phase one - I have not quite gotten to my goal, but, I do not want to do phase one for more than a year. So, by default, my first phase two day will be August 31.

I hear the new Cookie Dough restricted bar will be in my clinic next week! I am looking forward to getting a box! This week I tried the Ideal Tisane for the first time, and wish I had had it before - YUM! Plus, I find it to be very appetite suppressing.

I am testing for my water aerobics certification next weekend, wish me luck! I have a lot of studying to do to pass the test. : 0
Old 08-20-2013, 11:15 AM   #255  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

S/C/G: 250/119/124

Hi all, I guess I am talking to myself again, LOL! Well, it is about time for this thread to get a bump!

I tried the new Cookie Dough Swirl restricted bar this morning - I am declaring it a winner! I think this is another bar that would be good frozen, as it is pretty soft, but there are cookie pieces in it that give it a little bit of crunch!

My weigh in this morning was a little odd - my weight was up a bit, but my body fat percentage is now below the recommended range for my age (they recommend 23-32% and I am at 22%.) I had already decided that I was going to move to Phase 2 on August 31 anyway, so no change to that, but I still fail to understand what is going on. The only thing I can think of is, I probably am getting too much protein at this point and am building muscle. My lean body mass is slightly over 100 pounds, which means at a half gram per pound, I am only needing like 50ish grams of protein per day. Depending on what lean protein I eat, I am getting between 90-120 grams of protein per day and exercising. So I am thinking that some of that protein is now building some lean mass, even though they say that isn't supposed to be able to happen on IP. But I'm not so sure that they have run the numbers for someone my size, since I am only 5' 1.5".

I don't cheat AT ALL and do not eat any extra protein even though I am exercising, so that is not a factor.

Still, looking forward to Phase 2! I'm in the homestretch now!

I hope everyone is having a great week!
Closed Thread