Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 05:52 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 231.0/183/140

Height: 5'2"

Thanks Lisa! You are all so inspiring and I strive to be as successful as you all are. I did not use an extra packet until today. I felt so guilty I called my coach and confessed I had done so. I have been so extremely sedentary I haven't even gone into my yard this year to do what I love best. I felt like actually doing it yesterday. I have sabotaged every diet I have ever been on. I feel better than turn back to old habits. I really want to succeed this time. I am 58 but do not feel my age. I feel much younger but this weight is an anchor. I appreciate that there is a forum for 50 plus and yes I am also 5 ft 2 in
Old 07-05-2013, 05:53 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 231.0/183/140

Height: 5'2"

My name is Karin
Old 07-05-2013, 08:22 PM   #168  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

S/C/G: 250/119/124

Molly, thanks for the reply on maintenance and IP products! Usually when I read the maintenance threads, I don't see much mention of the products. I definitely think a bar is a much better choice than candy or cookies and I want to keep to that habit!

Karin, welcome to 50+ and short! : )

Farmer's Market tomorrow, I hear Kale calling my name! ; )
Old 07-09-2013, 05:19 AM   #169  

S/C/G: 338/338/140

Height: 5'5"

Good morning. I had my first WI yesterday, and I am down 6.6, which surprised me (in a good way). The first week was hard, but not nearly as tough as I expected it to be. Past day 4, things got even better.
Thanks for making me feel welcome!
Old 07-09-2013, 08:41 AM   #170  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Peacock View Post
Good morning. I had my first WI yesterday, and I am down 6.6, which surprised me (in a good way). The first week was hard, but not nearly as tough as I expected it to be. Past day 4, things got even better.
Thanks for making me feel welcome!
Congratulations on that great first WI. You've gotten past the worst part now. You'll make it. Just keep on the program and check in with this forum all of the time.

Molly
Old 07-09-2013, 12:20 PM   #171  

S/C/G: 338/338/140

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Congratulations on that great first WI. You've gotten past the worst part now. You'll make it. Just keep on the program and check in with this forum all of the time.

Molly
Thanks Molly! I'm loving the new energy level. I am not hiking or running marathons yet, but having the energy to get up out of chair and do normal every day activities without being miserable is definitely an improvement.
And, I hope you don't mind, but I showed my husband your avatar. He loves classic cars.
Old 07-09-2013, 02:15 PM   #172  
flubadub15

S/C/G: 152/137.5/135

Height: 5' 2"

I have been making Kale chips daily . They are delicious. Toss kale in oil, salt and pepper. Bake 300 25-30 minutes. Enjoy.
Old 07-09-2013, 06:29 PM   #173  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Peacock View Post
Thanks Molly! I'm loving the new energy level. I am not hiking or running marathons yet, but having the energy to get up out of chair and do normal every day activities without being miserable is definitely an improvement.
And, I hope you don't mind, but I showed my husband your avatar. He loves classic cars.
Sounds like you're on the right track to weight loss with this program. Don't get over zealous with the energy. Remember, this is a very low calorie program and it's about enough to sustain you getting out of the chair. That's one thing I loved vs. other diets that say exercise, exercise, exercise. You do not have to. If you're going to do more than get out of the chair (LOL) or casual walking, read some of the threads on exercise. I didn't at all and still had no problems losing 120# in 55 weeks.

You can show my avatar all you want. It's sort of small. Love of classic cars, that has gotten us in trouble. I'm almost worse than my husband. Probably one of the reasons my retirement only lasted 6 months and I'm going back to work. Maintenance, insurance, and gas are expensive on a whole bunch of cars.

Molly
Old 07-09-2013, 09:40 PM   #174  

Nice to see some newbies here!

We just got new appliances and it took over a week to get our new gas range hooked up so I had to make everything on the grill or microwave. Of course rhubarb was my go-to veggie and I always had some ready in the fridge. After I got the range hooked up yesterday I made some cauliflower rice.

I have passed 70 pounds lost and I went shopping for my HS school reunion (in 3 weeks) over the weekend. I am really too short for maxi dresses, but the first two I tried on from The Gap outlet ($35) looked pretty darned good on me. I didn't want to buy anything too soon since I am not used to seeing myself at this weight and I didn't want to get anything on an emotional buy. So I kept shopping (tried a million dresses on but had a ball) and I bought this dress in black in a size 14!!! Fits great but will be fine for a while with more weight loss. It doesn't look too interesting, but it is super flattering on and has a hem that comes up in the front. And for less than $50 it was great. I can jazz it up with jewelry and some nice sandals, and today I found a cool little linen-y short jacket in a pretty batik print from a wonderful gift shop that sells interesting clothes near my work. I am sure the country club where my reunion is will be air conditioned so I wanted something over the short sleeves, but believe it or not, I won't even mind having my arms out!

I have tried the jacket on every night since and still love it so I don't think it was a skinny mirror tricking me in the store.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:04 AM   #175  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldilocksinct View Post
Nice to see some newbies here!

We just got new appliances and it took over a week to get our new gas range hooked up so I had to make everything on the grill or microwave. Of course rhubarb was my go-to veggie and I always had some ready in the fridge. After I got the range hooked up yesterday I made some cauliflower rice.

I have passed 70 pounds lost and I went shopping for my HS school reunion (in 3 weeks) over the weekend. I am really too short for maxi dresses, but the first two I tried on from The Gap outlet ($35) looked pretty darned good on me. I didn't want to buy anything too soon since I am not used to seeing myself at this weight and I didn't want to get anything on an emotional buy. So I kept shopping (tried a million dresses on but had a ball) and I bought this dress in black in a size 14!!! Fits great but will be fine for a while with more weight loss. It doesn't look too interesting, but it is super flattering on and has a hem that comes up in the front. And for less than $50 it was great. I can jazz it up with jewelry and some nice sandals, and today I found a cool little linen-y short jacket in a pretty batik print from a wonderful gift shop that sells interesting clothes near my work. I am sure the country club where my reunion is will be air conditioned so I wanted something over the short sleeves, but believe it or not, I won't even mind having my arms out!

I have tried the jacket on every night since and still love it so I don't think it was a skinny mirror tricking me in the store.

Cute dress!! Have fun feeling fabulous!! Congratulations on having lost 70 Pounds!
Old 07-10-2013, 05:21 PM   #176  

Hello Again everyone!!! well I DID IT!!!! I reached my goal and lost 100lbs! I love being able to exercise again and am basically staying in ph 3 until I feel comfortable enough to jump into ph 4. It is amazing how weird it is to exercise without those 100 lbs. I love exercising again!!! I hope to lose 10 more through the more traditional way but if I don't I am happy where I am. Ran into some folks that I work with today while I was out to lunch (I work in a school so we are off for a few more weeks) They kept telling me that I look anorexic! yeah right. If they only knew my weight but that is none of their business!
To all of you starting out.....I was where you were on 10/1. Sometimes I didnt think it was possible for me to lose the weight then I started believing in myself and the weight came off, slowly but surely. I would recommend the book The BECK DIET SOLUTION
It really helps with getting the mind in order and gives you tools to deal with all of the roadblocks that Ive run into. I now know the difference amg needs, desires, and cravings and that has made the world of difference to me. Good luck and Ill be checking in!

Last edited by maezy1; 07-10-2013 at 05:22 PM.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:58 PM   #177  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

Congratulations Maezy!!!!
Old 07-11-2013, 01:33 AM   #178  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Love the dress GoldyLocks!!

Maezy, congratulations, that is wonderful!

Pat
Old 07-11-2013, 06:20 PM   #179  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

OK, so I have been on this diet for awhile, but just this week tried the strawberry pudding for the first time - LOVE IT!! Not too sweet but great made into a shake! The second time I had it I added some WF Strawberry, good that way too! Going to go make some now for my snack, but thought I would mention it!
Old 07-12-2013, 08:43 PM   #180  

Alison: try it as a frozen strawberry shake for dessert!

How is everyone today?

Last edited by lisa32989; 07-12-2013 at 08:44 PM.
Closed Thread