Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2013, 09:25 PM   #31  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
Thanks Rainbow. When I buy more rhubarb this week I will try this. It sound great..!!!
I agree! Though I'll probably be trying it out after my business trip. Rainbow it sounds great. Thanks for the link.

Let us know how it goes A1Texan
Old 06-02-2013, 09:27 PM   #32  
6/26/12 start 355

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
I just had rhubarb with vanilla pudding - I am in heaven.
Mmmm that sounds good.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:01 PM   #33  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
Welcome back, rainbow!! Have been thinking of you a lot especially since finding an English food section at Meijers up here and buying a pack of Malteasers. One a day, if that to stay "good"
i brought some malteasers home from england..and promptly opened them and put them into a container in the freezer!!!! a few at a time...is my splurge! haha they are addictive indeed!!
Old 06-03-2013, 09:39 PM   #34  

First full day of summer break

I had grandiose plans for what I would accomplish.
I'm really good at wasting time (or is it relaxing? )
Old 06-04-2013, 02:39 AM   #35  
Started IP 5/25/13

S/C/G: 196.5/152/145

Height: 5ft 6 in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
A1Texan, I saw your crisp recipe on another thread. It looked really good. Lisa has a tasty one going, Rainbow is putting some thoughts together, and Goldilocks has one too. I know I've missed some other's thoughts on how to cook it. I'm not good at planning ahead (not good for maintenance I know - I need to get better) and so my rhubarb is pretty basic. I put a cup (frozen usually) in a taller bowl, microwave it on high for 4-1/2 minutes, take it out, add ~3 teaspoons of raspberry or strawberry WF spread, mix it around to melt it in, and then I eat it warm. It always satisfies. I like things on the sour side though, then too I guess some sweetener could be thrown in for those who need it. I wouldn't call that a recipe though, it's a down and dirty, heat and eat sort of thing lol - right up my alley. Amongst you all though, I am rethinking it and may add flavoring and/or cinnamon to the mix next time. I haven't needed xanthan gum in there, but suppose it would thicken it up if I wanted to play with that.

Wow it's going to be pretty today outside. I hope you all have a lovely day too.
Barb
I am not good at planning ahead, either, so I will have to give this a try! Thanks Barb!

I'm new -- so are ALL the WF products allowed?

Margaret
Old 06-04-2013, 08:36 AM   #36  
6/26/12 start 355

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegirl9 View Post
I am not good at planning ahead, either, so I will have to give this a try! Thanks Barb!

Margaret
Hi Margaret,
You have to watch the WF stuff. They have some sugar free varieties that are not allowed. You want the ones that are 0/0/0 (zero carb, zero fat and zero sugar) Some taste pretty nasty to me, others I like. As far as general salad dressing goes, most people seem to like the 1000 Island, and I did/do, but my favorite (and others will cringe) for salads is the Balsamic Vinegar one. I like the italian as well. The fruit spread is very thick, like a jelly and it is an odd consistency, but it adds the fruit flavor and sweetness. The strawberry syrup is a easier to add/mix in with rhubarb, but I am sort of liking the raspberry fruit spread in my rhubarb for a change. Good luck! Let us know what you think when you try some out.

Barb
Old 06-04-2013, 08:49 AM   #37  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:

Margaret
Good morning!

I like the pancake syrup and the bbq sauce. The Thousand Island is good on Big Mac in a Bowl and the Italian is ok, Those are the only ones I've tried since I try not to use very many extras.
Old 06-04-2013, 08:51 AM   #38  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

Margaret

You've come to the right place for support, answers, and advice.

Any items with zero fat, carbs, and calories are considered free, but it is best, as in everything in life, to use in moderation. 3 or 4 servings a day.

Molly
Old 06-04-2013, 09:49 AM   #39  

IP has done something curious with the new protocol that came out in Feb.
They took the 0/0/0 (carbs/sugar/fat -not 0 cals) off the sheet.
From what I'm hearing, most clinics (including mine) are still allowing WF products but not the Mio and other additions.

I asked about it and the only explanation I got was that they were trying to keep it "cleaner".

So, now even 0/0/0 items could be considered a "cheat"

Last edited by lisa32989; 06-04-2013 at 09:50 AM.
Old 06-04-2013, 10:41 AM   #40  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
First full day of summer break

I had grandiose plans for what I would accomplish.
I'm really good at wasting time (or is it relaxing? )
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
IP has done something curious with the new protocol that came out in Feb.
They took the 0/0/0 (carbs/sugar/fat -not 0 cals) off the sheet. (
Lisa, congratulations on being on summer break! I've been on it for a couple of weeks now, although I just started a bit of summer work with one grad student. But basically I'm on Summer Schedule, and it's great!!! You deserve some days to relax and waste a little time doing things that make you feel good. (Shopping, for example...)

I've got one more week and a half at home before I start some travels. Right now I'm catching up on reading, going to yoga and swimming, doing some projects, and just relaxing. It's great!

Also, I want to thank you for posting the new protocol sheets. Even though I'm on maintenance now, it really helps to see the new sheets and the info. I'm also kind of "coaching" a few people, so this helps tremendously!

Enjoy the day, everyone!
Old 06-04-2013, 02:19 PM   #41  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysh View Post

Welcome back, Rainbow! How was England?
Hi Joy!!! its so good to be home. the trip was a murphys law trip...anything and everything that could go wrong...did!

alas...its a blessing to be home.

we did have some good moments...
seeing nigels mum & dad
high tea at the lady dowagers house again for the 2nd year, (from downton abbey tv series)
hours in a hydrotherapy pool
visiting st michaels mount

we did have some not so good moments....
me falling down the stairs and twisting my ankle the day before we left and having to travel with a foot brace and a walking cane
nigel in the hospital one day
nigels mum taking a fall
losing the key to the holiday cottage
extreme airplane turbulence on flight over to england, had to redirect flight even and made us 2 hours late(pilot of 38 yrs said it was the worse he has ever flown in)
1.5 hour delay stuck in small commuter plane on runway in dallas texas heat and no air conditioning during severe lightening storm
me having the flu 3 days with high temps but still having to press on with business

needless to say....its good to be home.
Old 06-04-2013, 03:17 PM   #42  

Joysh: You're so welcome!

Rainbow: Wow! Quite eventful trip. I'm glad you're home, too.

I went to one of my favorite charitable re-sale shops today and learned that on Tuesdays there is a 25% discount for folks 50+. So, I bought some new-to-me items and spent 25% less (or spent more...depending on how you look at it, since I was only looking for khaki capris and ended up with several tops, as well). I was thinking I'd be in a smaller size by now but the last 2 months have been slow like molasses weigh-loss-wise (hence the cycling thru the phases).

I made Amberjules' Shepherd's pie last nite. I'm cooking more for P2
P1 is convenient!
Old 06-04-2013, 04:20 PM   #43  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

S/C/G: 250/119/124

Had a "whoosh" this week, 3.4 pounds, yay! New avatar!

I looooove the new chocolate ready made pudding!

Have a great week!
Old 06-04-2013, 05:38 PM   #44  

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halfagain View Post
I agree! Though I'll probably be trying it out after my business trip. Rainbow it sounds great. Thanks for the link.

Let us know how it goes A1Texan
I couldn't hold out for that 4-5 hour crock pot so I'm just making a batch of Rhubarb Crisp now. Sorry but I'll try for next week..LOL
Old 06-05-2013, 01:50 AM   #45  
6/26/12 start 355

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
I couldn't hold out for that 4-5 hour crock pot so I'm just making a batch of Rhubarb Crisp now. Sorry but I'll try for next week..LOL
LOL I couldn't either. I had my quick fix of the rhubarb today as well.
Closed Thread