3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Fabulous at Fifty+ .... A home for those of us 50 and older on IP! VOLUME 11 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/282752-fabulous-fifty-home-those-us-50-older-ip-volume-11-a.html)

WingnutandMe 06-13-2013 07:48 PM

Hi all,

On the road again. We're travelling back to Georgia to load up more stuff and another car. Was hard to leave and hate going to the hot humid south , 90+ degrees.

I sure would rather be cooking at home than making decision on eating on the road. Be home tomorrow. Yeah.

All you approaching phasing off, it's not that bad. I was scared and nervous and it's worked out fine. After three months, I feel I've found my niche and you will too. Just take it slow to start.

Molly

Rhonduz 06-13-2013 10:16 PM

Anybody else have this problem? I'm thinking of all the different things I can eat, restricteds etc., then I think omg I will miss my creamy cappacinno! So I end up having cappacinno three times a day. I know I should be mixing things up but this just makes me so happy right now..... I love my cappacinno! Yummy!

Halfagain 06-13-2013 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4770938)
Barb
Don't be nervous
You'll do great!
There's a piece of me that wants to stay here longer...but that would only put-off goal attainment

This small foray into p3 has reduced my fear of maintenance, as well.
Just spend some time on the p3 breakfast thread & pick a few
I picked my 3 favorite and so far have made 2 ( I still like routine/repetition)
I have yet to do one I ciphered-out myself: huevos rancheros with homemade corn tortillas

Hi Lisa, that is encouraging, and good to hear.

Quote:

Originally Posted by joysh (Post 4770995)
Hi All! Just popping in to say hi :wave: to friends and welcome to the new IPers.

Lisa, your new profile pic is beautiful!!! Hope you are enjoying your little visit to P3! I have to admit, it was hard for me to take the plunge, but I still have P3 breakfasts. In fact, my maintenance is very similar to P3, with just a few additions. I've learned to love the way I eat now, so when I stray from it I don't feel as great.

Happy to say, I reached goal in March, started maintenance in April and now it's June and I'm still at the same weight. It hasn't been that difficult, either.

Halfagain, you are almost there! Yippee!!

I'm waving back at you! :) I am excited, but I think P2 will seem sort of small change - which is good I guess.... just so looking forward to P3 lol. Patience grasshopper.... (lol at least this group probably remembers the Kung Fu era)

Quote:

Originally Posted by WingnutandMe (Post 4771770)
Hi all,

On the road again. We're traveling back to Georgia to load up more stuff and another car. Was hard to leave and hate going to the hot humid south , 90+ degrees.

I sure would rather be cooking at home than making decision on eating on the road. Be home tomorrow. Yeah.

All you approaching phasing off, it's not that bad. I was scared and nervous and it's worked out fine. After three months, I feel I've found my niche and you will too. Just take it slow to start.

Molly

Have a safe trip Molly! I'm leaving Georgia tomorrow. Muggy and hot for sure here. The lightening is impressive too. I was glad I didn't try and fly out tonight with the storm passing thru, right about the time my flight would have been had I scheduled for tonight. Tomorrow I'm going into the office to see the my team here, then off for home. Thanks for the encouragement for the phase changes ahead.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhonduz (Post 4771853)
Anybody else have this problem? I'm thinking of all the different things I can eat, restricteds etc., then I think omg I will miss my creamy cappacinno! So I end up having cappacinno three times a day. I know I should be mixing things up but this just makes me so happy right now..... I love my cappacinno! Yummy!

:D I do that... depending on what I'm craving. Funny it was chicken soup for a while early on (even had it for breakfast sometimes)... seems really odd now, but that was a phase I went thru. No surprise for most of us, I have cycles of chocolate cravings too, thankfully there's lots of option for that sort of craving. I expect I'll still be using the Syntrax Nectar even in maintenance. It's pretty good cappacinno flavor, and hits the spot for sweet and coffee without the carbs.

joysh 06-14-2013 07:36 AM

IP Anniversary Day!

Today is my one year anniversary! One year ago today I began IP and changed my relationship to food - and my body. I was going to be on it for the summer and lose about 40 pounds. Instead I stayed on it all the way til goal in March and lost over 80. Hooray!

In other news I'm up waiting for the twins to wake up. I'm so excited tht I get to play with them today. Any of you with 2 yr old grand kids know exactly how I feel!

Rhonduz, I thought I would really miss my broc-cheese soups and piņa coloada. I do, but there are wonderful other foods to eat!
And like I told myself when I was on P1, those foods ar still there and I'll have them occasionally (maybe).

Molly, have a safe trip! Welcome to the hot humidity!

Have a great day everyone!

lisa32989 06-14-2013 08:13 AM

:celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate: :celebrate:

I really want to say

:bday2you:

Because it is the anniversary of the rest of your life!

Thanks for posting here. I lurk on maintainers but haven't earned the right to post there yet.

Thanks for being here for me and being a great role model of doing IP to goal.

goldilocksinct 06-15-2013 06:52 PM

I passed my halfway mark at my 25th weigh in today! :cp:I am so happy and can not believe my success with this diet. That's halfway to my goal of 140, which I think is pretty realistic. I have a sister who is about my height and weighs that and is pretty small, but I will see when I get to the neighborhood. I actually have people at work who think I should stop now. :lol:

I last saw my doctor in January (a couple weeks into IP) and go back in July. He is going to faint dead away, then grill me on what I am doing to lose it and whether I am exercising yada yada. He and I work for the same company, I have known him a long time and we have mutual friends, so I will handle him and see what the blood work says. I should be south of 200 by then for sure.

My coach never takes my measurements, but her assistant offered a couple of weeks ago and I had lost 27 inches--go me!

AlisonS 06-15-2013 07:19 PM

Weighed myself at home this morning and had my first weight in the 130s - so exciting! Rhonduz and Halfagain, I do the same thing with the Chocolate Ready-made pudding, I eat it all the time! : )

lisa32989 06-16-2013 07:59 AM

Alison: That is so awesome! You are closing-in on goal!

Halfagain 06-17-2013 09:53 AM

Goal!

Good Morning Everyone. It's not my official WI day, but I'm counting it! I made goal today. Long flights tend to make me retain water - so I was not surprised to see a drop today. I'm taking it.

I'm swamped with work this morning, but had to take a moment to celebrate and say Wha-Hoo! :carrot::D:dizzy::lol::spin::jig::cb:

I'll need to get my official "after" photos done soon... not that there is a true "after" as maintenance is now here and will be active the rest of my life. But yes, closing out the loss part of the trip would be good to take a snap shot. I'll share on other threads probably tonight as work allows.

:hug::hug: I couldn't have done it without you :hug::hug:
Barb

Rhonduz 06-17-2013 09:57 AM

Congratulations Barb! So happy for you!

lisa32989 06-17-2013 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfagain (Post 4773844)
Good Morning Everyone. It's not my official WI day, but I'm counting it! I made goal today. Long flights tend to make me retain water - so I was not surprised to see a drop today. I'm taking it.

I'm swamped with work this morning, but had to take a moment to celebrate and say Wha-Hoo! :carrot::D:dizzy::lol::spin::jig::cb:

I'll need to get my official "after" photos done soon... not that there is a true "after" as maintenance is now here and will be active the rest of my life. But yes, closing out the loss part of the trip would be good to take a snap shot. I'll share on other threads probably tonight as work allows.

:hug::hug: I couldn't have done it without you :hug::hug:
Barb

Who cares what day it is?
YOU DID IT!!!
Now comes the learning to maintain. I hopes to join you on the maintainers thread by Halloween, if not before.

Yay Barb
Happy dance time! Time to move off P1!

:cb::dancer::broc::belly::dance:
:congrat:
:celebrate:

joysh 06-17-2013 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4772076)
Because it is the anniversary of the rest of your life! Thanks for posting here. I lurk on maintainers but haven't earned the right to post there yet.

Thanks for being here for me and being a great role model of doing IP to goal.

Thanks, Lisa! You are also an inspiration to me! Your new pic is amazing and before you know it, you'll be at goal too!

Quote:

Barb

Barb!! :congrat::congrat::congrat::congrat::balloons::bal loons::balloons:

Congratulations!!!!! What an amazing accomplishment!!!! Revel!!!

evepet 06-17-2013 04:18 PM

Quote:

Barb

Woo-Hoo! CONGRATULATIONS!!! :carrot:

Way to Go Barb! So happy for you!

I've been mia here ... been under the weather with a flu/cold bug for these past two weeks and was just not in the mood to post recently.... also suddenly lost a filling in a molar last week, and was having pain with that... all in all, wasn't in a great mood. LOL. But things are on the upswing - Had some major repair done at Dentist's this am so tooth problem is now all fixed and whatever flu/cold/virus bug I had has finally gone away and I'm feeling much more like myself again.

Glad to see that everyone here is doing well. I've allowed my Fun Days these past two months to get a little out of control... that and not being strict enough with my P1 days have got me weighing a couple of lbs more than I really feel comfortable with. Now that I'm feeling better again, I'm going to go P1 for a few days and tackle it before it morphs into a bigger problem.

Cheers everyone. :hug:

AlisonS 06-18-2013 09:08 AM

Congrats to Joysh and Barb! And thanks Lisa, for the positive reinforcement!

New avatar based on today's weigh in - down another 2.6, 111 lost total. My BMI is now in the 25s (25.7), so I am getting closer to "goal". I'm not really sure what "goal" is by number, but I think it is going to be about 10 pounds less than when I hit all the "good" metrics. My percent body fat is OK (29.4%) but my BMI is still a little high and my waist measurement is not quite where it should be (31.5), and to be half my height I need to go down another inch or so. So I am thinking hit all the metrics, then lose another 10 figuring I will gain back 3-5 in phase 3. Sound like a plan?

I hope everyone is having a good week! I did not try any new recipes since the Chicken Khoresh, probably won't this week either. This week I will be eating out at least twice, tonight at Outback and Friday at Passionfish. Both places are very IP friendly. I have two jewelry parties in the evenings to go to and also a guided imagery session (a friend of a friend is going for certification and is practicing on my sorority sisters, LOL) on Saturday as well as my usual trek to the Farmer's Market, so I don't think I will have any time for any experimentation.

Stay strong ladies!! Love you!

Halfagain 06-19-2013 02:03 AM

Thank you all! I tried to stick out phase 2 for a while, but those phase 3 breakfasts were just too tempting. I had one this morning. I just picked something simple, and it was fantastic.

Congrats Alison on the new avatar, you're doing great. Love you too! Evepet great your tooth's fixed and your are feeling better. Sounds like you got a solid plan to shake off that little bit you want to lose. I know you will do well. Thank you Lisa, Rhonduz, and Joysh.

Lots going on stress wise and the feeling like I've made it (aka Time to relax). I know in my mind it's not over but my resolve is a bit tired. My plan is that I'm going to keep it 100%, one day at a time. I think the big picture is just too big - I need to chunk it up. Afternoon/evenings have been the most trying for me the last couple days. Going with P3 now, I think it's time to try some exercise for the afternoon or evening.