3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Fabulous at Fifty+ .... A home for those of us 50 and older on IP! VOLUME 11 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/282752-fabulous-fifty-home-those-us-50-older-ip-volume-11-a.html)

patns 06-07-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhonduz (Post 4766349)
Molly I've watched your progress this past year and it has been amazing. You are the wind beneath my wings. You look beautiful!

Rhonduz; you will do fine on your own. An inflexible coach causes much stress.

Pat

Rhonduz 06-07-2013 10:26 PM

Pat I love you! You are the best! Are you a teacher too? What grade and what subject? I teach 7th grade science and geography.

I want to be a loser 06-07-2013 11:01 PM

Glad I found this for those of us 50+

Jazzed to have found the 50+ group. I am new. ... New to dieting. New to this group. I started my diet on 5/18/2013. I was 200.8 on that date. Today (06/07/2013) I am 192.9. I am diligently trying to lose 2.5 lbs a week for the first few months, just as a boost/jump-start to my tattered self esteem.
Looking forward to being part of this group and looking forward to getting back to the "real" me...the one that weighs close to 100lbs. I miss her.

Rhonduz 06-07-2013 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I want to be a loser (Post 4766499)
Jazzed to have found the 50+ group. I am new. ... New to dieting. New to this group. I started my diet on 5/18/2013. I was 200.8 on that date. Today (06/07/2013) I am 192.9. I am diligently trying to lose 2.5 lbs a week for the first few months, just as a boost/jump-start to my tattered self esteem.
Looking forward to being part of this group and looking forward to getting back to the "real" me...the one that weighs close to 100lbs. I miss her.

Welcome I! Hang in here with me. I certainly need all the help I can get!. Seems like you have this covered! Good luck!

lisa32989 06-08-2013 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I want to be a loser (Post 4766499)

Be very careful allowing the scale to dictate self esteem
The scale can be finicky & is easily influenced by hormones, sodium, time of day, and other confounding factors.
Be sure to use a measuring tape as well. It usually reveals losses when/if the scale has "a week"

Find other ways to measure your self esteem: more freedom in movement, reduced pain, smaller clothes, willpower!

Rhonduz 06-08-2013 09:00 AM

Got my order for supplements yesterday from plainprotein site. I was disappointed that they did not send IP products. Are they phasing out of IP products? The brand they sent me was Ideal To Go and the nutritional facts are quite a bit different than Ideal Protein. Is there a site where we can order IP supplements? Just wondering....

IdealProteinNewbie 06-08-2013 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhonduz (Post 4766689)
Got my order for supplements yesterday from plainprotein site. I was disappointed that they did not send IP products. Are they phasing out of IP products? The brand they sent me was Ideal To Go and the nutritional facts are quite a bit different than Ideal Protein. Is there a site where we can order IP supplements? Just wondering....

I'm a lurker and have 22 more years before I'm allowed in this group, but...I wish you had seen some other threads about that website.

They were never allowed, legally, to sell IP products and eventually they started phasing out with other brands.

NinjaNurse 06-08-2013 10:42 AM

I have to try rhubarb again with all this talk. I used to like it when I was a kid, now, not so much. I am however, now intrigued.....

rainbowsmiles 06-08-2013 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisa32989 (Post 4766635)
Be very careful allowing the scale to dictate self esteem
The scale can be finicky & is easily influenced by hormones, sodium, time of day, and other confounding factors.
Be sure to use a measuring tape as well. It usually reveals losses when/if the scale has "a week"

Find other ways to measure your self esteem: more freedom in movement, reduced pain, smaller clothes, willpower!

very well said...i so needed to learn this lesson!!!

Rhonduz 06-08-2013 06:01 PM

Hi rainbow! Come on back with me and we'll try to learn it together!

Wow I just tried out my pampered chef microwave dehydrating trays and they work fantastic for zuchini chips. Only took 16 minutes and didn't have to use any oil. I'm thinking I might get a another set of those trays. I love them!

patns 06-08-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhonduz (Post 4766474)
Pat I love you! You are the best! Are you a teacher too? What grade and what subject? I teach 7th grade science and geography.

Rhondz ! Glad to see you back! It took my 30 years to graduate from grade one. Now I am a consultant working with teachers. But I always wonder what people who don't work with 6 year olds have to laugh about. They are hilarious!

Rhonduz 06-08-2013 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by patns (Post 4767095)
Rhondz ! Glad to see you back! It took my 30 years to graduate from grade one. Now I am a consultant working with teachers. But I always wonder what people who don't work with 6 year olds have to laugh about. They are hilarious!

Paths I taught 8th grade for 20 years then moved to 7th. They are all 1st graders just bigger lol. I would love to work with teachers in my next life. That must be a lot of fun!

AlisonS 06-09-2013 12:22 PM

I tried a new Persian recipe today - Chicken and Celery Khoresh. I thought it was very good! I made it almost like the recipe stated, but lowered the fat to be within Phase 1 guidelines and substituted leeks for onions so that I could saute them. I like trying new things, it helps change things up. This one I would definitely make again.

8oz chicken
2 cups celery
2 leeks
salt
pepper
tumeric
parsley
mint
lime juice
optional saffron dissolved in rose water, about a teaspoon
olive oil

Cut chicken into one inch cubes, slice leek thin and saute in olive oil spray in a Dutch oven for a minute or so. Add 1tsp sea salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper and 1tsp tumeric and saute for another minute. Add 3 cups water and simmer, covered, for 30 minutes.

While this is going on, saute the celery in a fry pan with olive oil spray for 10 minutes over low heat. Add chopped fresh parsley (lots) or a sprinkle in dried parsley. Ditto for mint. Cook another 10 minutes.

Add the celery to the chicken mixture and add a teaspoon of lime juice. Add saffron (about a teaspoon dissolved in rose water) if you happen to have it (I did not and it was fine without it). Cook, covered, for an hour over low heat, checking to make sure all the water does not boil away periodically. Add more water if needed.

Enjoy as a soup/stew!

mldorn 06-09-2013 07:14 PM

Halfagain,
I have been reading these threads all weekend. Hubby and i are getting ready to start once i buy the alternatives. You are an inspiration!
In a post you had awhile back you said you had a restricted everyday. Have you continued with that same philosophy to goal? Also would you be able to tell me names/brand of the supplements you use and where you got them? Thank you and congratulations on your success.
Maura

Yesmyqueen 06-10-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhonduz (Post 4765948)
Good morning fabfif! I have made a recommit after struggling with IP since February. I had lost 50 lbs. at my last official WI I did not lose anything and my coach kind of let me have it. I had been dabbling in alternatives and figured I could do this on my own. I had been struggling since thanksgiving. My. Mom got sick then ( recurring breast cancer, recurring lung cancer, and dementia. No aggressive treatment can be tolerated). She has been in and out of the hospital 5 times since then a and in rehab twice. She is currently home on her own which is not safe but she refuses to come stay with me or go to a nursing home. I also lost a pet through a traumatizing two month illness. Well since I have always been an emotional eater and as embarrassing as this is to say, I have gained 20 lbs back. Losing my baby T.C. Pushed me right over the edge. Not wanting this to continue in the wrong direction, I restarted with alternatives last Thursday. My WI days are on Wednesday. If I find myself slipping I am going to return to the clinic. So far things have been going well. I've had a couple of nervous, hungry days. Please wish me luck on this journey. This is my true confessional and this site has always helped me through the bad times. Thanks and good luck to you all!

Rhonduz, Hi, just wanted to say so sorry for all you have gone thru as of late, but this is definately the place to come for support, I have really been struggling with my last 10/15 lbs and had a few too many bad weeks, but I read these posts every day and find encouragement here, so were here for you!