Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2013, 04:39 PM   #46  
Started IP: May 9, 2013

S/C/G: 201/159/125

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
I'm just making a batch of Rhubarb Crisp now.
I keep hearing this tantalizing term "rhubarb crisp" and wonder what it is - and how do you make it?! I have an aversion to very much of a sweet taste, so I don't want to put any kind of jam on it, and it's a little too strong in thin slices. Can't find the recipe. Appreciate the notes on it!
Old 06-05-2013, 05:48 PM   #47  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by majofki View Post
I keep hearing this tantalizing term "rhubarb crisp" and wonder what it is - and how do you make it?! I have an aversion to very much of a sweet taste, so I don't want to put any kind of jam on it, and it's a little too strong in thin slices. Can't find the recipe. Appreciate the notes on it!
http://www.lamberjules.com/recipes/i...-crisp-recipe/
Old 06-05-2013, 11:38 PM   #48  
Started IP: May 9, 2013

S/C/G: 201/159/125

Height: 5' 2"

Thanks, Ranbowsmiles! That'll work.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:46 AM   #49  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonS View Post
Had a "whoosh" this week, 3.4 pounds, yay! New avatar!

I looooove the new chocolate ready made pudding!

Have a great week!
Omg that is Fabulous!
I keep "asking around" for the ingredients for the new items but no one has shared them yet. I go today so I'll find out if the new puddings will be in my menu or not
Old 06-06-2013, 11:12 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default Just a sneeze away...from mini goal ...50 lbs!

Weigh in this AM and lost 2.4 lbs! I feel like this last 10 lbs has been a longer time coming...but now just about at a total of 50 lbs off!! It was my goal to be there by June 10th...(the 5 month mark). So ... am HAPPY that it is close! And in a few more days ....who knows....I may be there!! However we will be on vacation beginning tomorrow...and not be back until June 16th. My goal is to lose SOMEthing before the next weigh appointment which is on June 20th....Also..my waist to hip ratio is now in the LOW RISK category! Most of that 50 lbs was in my face and abdomen....so it's a very good day ..... And I wish that to everyone here as well.

Last edited by 65X65; 06-06-2013 at 11:13 AM.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:32 PM   #51  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Omg that is Fabulous!
I keep "asking around" for the ingredients for the new items but no one has shared them yet. I go today so I'll find out if the new puddings will be in my menu or not
Hmmm Nashua sent me a chocolate pudding ready to eat as a sample. I haven't looked it up to see if it's IP compliant or not. I may need to get busy and do that before my son eats it :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Weigh in this AM and lost 2.4 lbs! I feel like this last 10 lbs has been a longer time coming...but now just about at a total of 50 lbs off!! It was my goal to be there by June 10th...(the 5 month mark). So ... am HAPPY that it is close! And in a few more days ....who knows....I may be there!! However we will be on vacation beginning tomorrow...and not be back until June 16th. My goal is to lose SOMEthing before the next weigh appointment which is on June 20th....Also..my waist to hip ratio is now in the LOW RISK category! Most of that 50 lbs was in my face and abdomen....so it's a very good day ..... And I wish that to everyone here as well.
Congratulations! That's awesome on the WI and... woo-hoo! VACATION for you. Sweet!

I got my passport photo taken yesterday. No big trips planned but you know when one of us wins the lottery and we all get that cruise invite, I want to be ready. I should have checked my hair before, and the very short lady taking the photo from a angle that really picked up my flappy chin skin, all made for a photo to scare young children and small animals. *sigh* oh well it's done and I'm using it. Almost $10 to get it redone so it is what it is.

I hope you all had a great day. TGIF tomorrow!
Old 06-06-2013, 10:58 PM   #52  

The IP pudding is soy protein/gluten-free! It's also really small (I usually packet-hack into something else!)
I wasn't super hungry today so I thought it was a good chance to try it.

It was pretty good. Convenience is the thing. Mostly I'd rather make a shake or something instead..

So, I became more "homemakery" today.
Made yogurt for the first time ever. It still need to strain it.
I bought one for my first p3 breakfast tomorrow
Tomorrow I'm going to start homemade sauerkraut (I've learned natural kraut is a great source of probiotics - not most store bought, because most is pasteurized, which kills any good bugs)

I had lunch with another friend today.
I LOVE summer break!
Old 06-06-2013, 11:37 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post

I LOVE summer break!
I just realized that you must be a teacher too. Enjoy the break, ours doesn't start until June 30th. But between now and then it is a round of retirement parties so that is fun.

Last edited by patns; 06-06-2013 at 11:42 PM.
Old 06-07-2013, 09:46 AM   #54  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

S/C/G: 250/119/124

The ready made chocolate pudding is small, but very dense and chocolatey. The first one I had, I thought "Oh this is good but it won't replace my crispy cereal," but then I got hungry for it at the next snack time, and I have been eating at least one a day and bought 2 more boxes today!! Yes, I have found my soulmate and it is chocolate ready made pudding, LOL! It is not very sweet, might be good with a topping, but I have not done anything with it yet. There is just something about the texture of it and the heaviness of it that I have been missing without realizing it!
Old 06-07-2013, 12:03 PM   #55  

I prefer less-sweet anyway. Whenever I see someone is adding MORE SWEETENER to an already sweetened package for a recipe, I cringe. Too sweet doesn't sit well,with me.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:23 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 248/213/150

Height: 5'2"

Good morning fabfif! I have made a recommit after struggling with IP since February. I had lost 50 lbs. at my last official WI I did not lose anything and my coach kind of let me have it. I had been dabbling in alternatives and figured I could do this on my own. I had been struggling since thanksgiving. My. Mom got sick then ( recurring breast cancer, recurring lung cancer, and dementia. No aggressive treatment can be tolerated). She has been in and out of the hospital 5 times since then a and in rehab twice. She is currently home on her own which is not safe but she refuses to come stay with me or go to a nursing home. I also lost a pet through a traumatizing two month illness. Well since I have always been an emotional eater and as embarrassing as this is to say, I have gained 20 lbs back. Losing my baby T.C. Pushed me right over the edge. Not wanting this to continue in the wrong direction, I restarted with alternatives last Thursday. My WI days are on Wednesday. If I find myself slipping I am going to return to the clinic. So far things have been going well. I've had a couple of nervous, hungry days. Please wish me luck on this journey. This is my true confessional and this site has always helped me through the bad times. Thanks and good luck to you all!
Old 06-07-2013, 01:22 PM   #57  

Have only been on IP 5 weeks now and down 20 lbs. Have a long road to go but must do it this time. I seem to be losing 2 - 2 1/2 lbs. a week, is that customary? Need to get some rhubarb and try some of your ideas. I seem to be stuck in a rut with cucumbers and mashed cauliflower, what else is really good? Could use any help offered. Thanks
Old 06-07-2013, 02:45 PM   #58  

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuiltMaiden View Post
Have only been on IP 5 weeks now and down 20 lbs. Have a long road to go but must do it this time. I seem to be losing 2 - 2 1/2 lbs. a week, is that customary? Need to get some rhubarb and try some of your ideas. I seem to be stuck in a rut with cucumbers and mashed cauliflower, what else is really good? Could use any help offered. Thanks
Go to the first post of the Daily Chat thread and check out all of the links there. TONS of recipe ideas.
Also, the What Are You Eating Today thread has lots of good ideas.

Last edited by lisa32989; 06-07-2013 at 02:45 PM.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:55 PM   #59  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhonduz View Post
Good morning fabfif! I have made a recommit after struggling with IP since February. I had lost 50 lbs. at my last official WI I did not lose anything and my coach kind of let me have it. I had been dabbling in alternatives and figured I could do this on my own. I had been struggling since thanksgiving. My. Mom got sick then ( recurring breast cancer, recurring lung cancer, and dementia. No aggressive treatment can be tolerated). She has been in and out of the hospital 5 times since then a and in rehab twice. She is currently home on her own which is not safe but she refuses to come stay with me or go to a nursing home. I also lost a pet through a traumatizing two month illness. Well since I have always been an emotional eater and as embarrassing as this is to say, I have gained 20 lbs back. Losing my baby T.C. Pushed me right over the edge. Not wanting this to continue in the wrong direction, I restarted with alternatives last Thursday. My WI days are on Wednesday. If I find myself slipping I am going to return to the clinic. So far things have been going well. I've had a couple of nervous, hungry days. Please wish me luck on this journey. This is my true confessional and this site has always helped me through the bad times. Thanks and good luck to you all!
Good luck to you. You've had a tough time. Sorry to hear that, but you can be strong and you know we're here to listen.

I hate these inflexible coaches. Mine was like that and caused me to go to alternatives three months into the program. It finished losing on them by myself. Again, you can do it.

Molly
Old 06-07-2013, 08:01 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 248/213/150

Height: 5'2"

Molly I've watched your progress this past year and it has been amazing. You are the wind beneath my wings. You look beautiful!
Closed Thread