Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 07:33 AM   #481  

AlisonS
Yay! Such an accomplishment! I know you won't stop & you are up for the challenge of maintenance, which will keep you OFF all those meds!

Carrots and bananas join the dance!
Old 09-28-2013, 08:18 AM   #482  

Alison--so happy for you! It is wonderful and amazing. I love that you calculated some of the costs. Totally worth it in my book.

Lisa--my doctor is the same. He can't fight success, but since IP was not his idea he doesn't jump up and down. Good for you for getting that scale to move and experimenting! I bet you will be to 150 by Christmas.

I have now lost 85 pounds exactly! In the past I have gotten down 50 then back up, so this is new territory in many years to be at this weight. My visceral fat is in the green now!!

We had to do a biometric screening at work to get $600 off our health insurance premiums in 2014. I was stunned that my cholesterol was TC=171, HDL=55, LDL=89 and triglycerides were 136. My BP was good also. I talked to three other people (healthy weight to one underweight) and they all had too high cholesterol.

At this time last year I would have dreaded going to get this done at work, but this year I was one of the first to sign up.

I am going away next weekend (a girls' long weekend) so I am preparing what to take in my suitcase. I only had one pair of jeans that fit, and at home that is okay, but I hit TJ Maxx and got two pair that fit great--size 14. I have one pair of work slacks in 12, so I am getting there. My tops are all L at this point.

Last edited by goldilocksinct; 09-28-2013 at 08:19 AM.
Old 09-28-2013, 05:43 PM   #483  

Oh Ladies! My bareneccessities.com order arrived today and the girls are back up where they belong! What a difference a well-fitting bra makes!

I have YET to have a cup size change. I'd really like one. There are too many Ds in my size for sure!

I'm still noting that I sure feel like I have more than 15 lbs to go. But when I reach that mark, I need to give the body a diet break & let the thyroid REALLY recover. It'll be all about maintaining for a bit. Maybe I'll even be able to up my workouts (if back cooperates/PT agrees). I'd be good with the scale if I could firm things up a bit.
Old 09-28-2013, 06:33 PM   #484  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Lisa,

I observe that some very slim women are naturally amply endowed and will stay that way even with weight loss. Your goal is only 14.5 pounds away. Could it be possible that you are already at your goal weight and that your girls are just insistent about staying in the double alphabet zone? Those 2 could be claiming that last 14.5 pounds as their own! Short of surgical reduction, they might just want to stay that way. If that's the case, might it be time to give the body a diet break now?

As an objective observer who doesn't know you from Adam, you look quite shapely and physically fit in your photograph.

Offering this for thought.

Annik

Last edited by Annik; 09-28-2013 at 06:38 PM.
Old 09-28-2013, 07:16 PM   #485  

Annik:
I could only wish! However, still plenty of fat all over. Really think 150 will be step 1
All I can describe what is left is flab & not just skin. There is AT LEAST 15 more lbs...probably more like 25-30. But like I said, I may be able to slim down more with exercise and not actually lose below 150.

I AM happy my hourglass shape has returned. I get numerous compliments these days. Even tho its been awhile since the scale moved, I think I'm still getting "movement". Its been a while since I measured. I may do that tomorrow.

Last edited by lisa32989; 09-28-2013 at 09:30 PM.
Old 09-29-2013, 12:09 AM   #486  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Jicama finally made it to Northern Alberta! I wish this was around when I was on phase 1. I phased off mainly because I could not stand the constipation any longer and would kill for an apple to help with that. Now I'm thinking jicama seems to have more fiber than apples and may help with that issue. There is a great sounding jicama dessert recipe in the recipe thread that I think I will try tomorrow.

Pat

Last edited by patns; 09-29-2013 at 12:09 AM.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:10 AM   #487  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

S/C/G: 250/119/124

Thanks for the congrats, ladies! Day one of maintenance went well, and I got up this morning and my blood sugar was 72, despite having 170g of carbohydrate yesterday. So, very grateful that worked out OK.

The most exciting part of being on maintenance and adding things yesterday was when I realized I could have a stick of gum! LOL! All that and gum was the thing that thrilled me the most! I stuck to the Phase 4 "outline" and had a Phase 3 breakfast, a lunch with some added fat and dinner with EVERY non-phase 1 compliant vegetable imaginable. Well, maybe not everything, but I made vegetable soup and there was a lot in there! No beets! Strangely enough, I was way WAY under for calories. Eliminating the big hunk of protein at dinner made a huge difference. I was very surprised how all the carbs added up, though! I did not have anything "terrible", just the added vegetables, some cheese and fat free sour cream and an apple. That was an eye opener! It just goes to show how high carb our diets have become if "plain food" will get you that high and then any added sugar from sweets, etc. will take you right into the stratosphere!

Just as a maintenance tip since I know you will all get there at some point, adding fat free sour cream GREATLY improves the taste of Walden Farms dressings. Of course there are 3 carbs in 2 Tablespoons, so that has to go into all the calculations.

I put my vegetable soup recipe into My Fitness Pal and a 3 cup serving is under 200 calories. Score! I am going to do the same for my turkey chili recipe today. I already did the paper calculation and know that it will be slightly higher but well under 300 kcal.

So that is my report from the other side, LOL!

Lisa, SO JEALOUS of your new improved girls! I really need to do that too! Right now I am wearing those Genie bra things, they are comfortable but the support is questionable at best.

Pat, congratulations on achieving jicama! Isn't it wonderful how we have learned about all these veggies on this diet! That stuff is the bomb!

Take care and have a great week!
Old 09-29-2013, 08:25 AM   #488  
Workin' It

S/C/G: 205/186(IP)/159/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Even tho its been awhile since the scale moved, I think I'm still getting "movement". Its been a while since I measured. I may do that tomorrow.
I need to remember to take measurements tomorrow as well. My scale has been slow to move, but there are some inches melting off...almost a full size. Now if I could just get the jelly around my belly to move to my disappearing fanny
Old 09-29-2013, 08:41 AM   #489  
Started IP 5/18/13

S/C/G: 238/130/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonS View Post
So tomorrow I start maintenance!

393 days on program
365 of them on Phase 1, 14 Phase 2 and 14 Phase 3
1137 packets
Rough cost $5048.00 for coaching and packets
Total weight loss 130 pounds
Off Lantus (160 units/day), Apidra(35 units/day), Diovan (320), HCT (25), Glumetza (2000) and half dose of Crestor (10 to 5)
Off of the sleep apnea machine
Many new friends from 3FatChicks!

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR ALL OF YOUR SUPPORT ON MY JOURNEY!

(Not going anywhere, but wanted to be sure and thank you!) : )
This is just incredible!! You have done an awesome job! My DH is on all these medications, plus many more, but he is on kidney dialysis so he was unable to follow the program with me. But still working on other things with him to get him off the medications! I have been exercising daily since Day 1 and he has joined me and it has helped him a lot (me too!!)!

The positive things this program does for your health is just amazing!!! Great job!!
Old 09-29-2013, 08:42 AM   #490  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Alison, any photos to share?!
Old 09-29-2013, 09:04 AM   #491  

My over-50 gals will understand this one:

So, I'm not monthly "regular" anymore but TOM still comes irregularly (Last Day 1 on my calendar was July 11)
I've been PMSing for a while now (just body feelings, not emotionally, thank goodness) and woke up in the middle of the nite with BAD cramps (unusual for me but, I'm at the age for things to change)

Last nite my feet were so swollen I could FEEL them just sitting & watching TV.
Today my rings are still tight.
Certainly won't be measuring or weighing until after this all passes!

Hopefully next week I won't be so hungry/craving all the time. Returning to P1 was a bit harder through this (but not impossible). Maybe the scale will actually CHANGE now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplepetunia View Post
This is just incredible!! You have done an awesome job! My DH is on all these medications, plus many more, but he is on kidney dialysis so he was unable to follow the program with me. But still working on other things with him to get him off the medications! I have been exercising daily since Day 1 and he has joined me and it has helped him a lot (me too!!)!

The positive things this program does for your health is just amazing!!!
Is DH able to do the alternate protocol or is that still too much protein?
There is a link to the sheet in the stickies but links appear like they are still non-functional (it has been reported).

I'd be happy to email it if you haven't seen it (just PM me your email)

Last edited by lisa32989; 09-29-2013 at 09:20 AM.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:55 AM   #492  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Inches versus pounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieV View Post
I need to remember to take measurements tomorrow as well. My scale has been slow to move, but there are some inches melting off...almost a full size.
SusieV - this was a great reminder to me that when the scale does not seem to move to remember that the inches may be. So since my scale seems be a bit slow this week, I may go try on an outfit that it is my 'next size down' pile and see how it looks. By the way, was in Eastern WA yesterday as we took a drive from Western WA to WSU to see our son and do some grocery shopping for him.

Tough weekend, though, because I have been on liquids only since Thursday due to some issues with my colon. I packed for the trip with EAS drinks but my DH kept trying to urge McDonald's shakes on me. I stood firm but it has been hard as there is not a lot I can do with this. Should be able to try some soft things tomorrow if no pains today.

With all that going on liquids, I had hoped (I know, Lisa, be patient and stop projecting!) that the scale would fly down. Nope, it is being stubborn and not budging one ounce in four days. Maybe the barium solutions I had to drink have thrown me for a loop?
Old 09-29-2013, 10:04 AM   #493  

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
With all that going on liquids, I had hoped (I know, Lisa, be patient and stop projecting!) that the scale would fly down. Nope, it is being stubborn and not budging one ounce in four days. Maybe the barium solutions I had to drink have thrown me for a loop?
Thanks for this. It helps me to remember to ask medical professionals to use solutions for diabetics.

Remember, any hold-up due to the testing will be temporary. And if you're having "issues", you probably have inflammation, which is water weight.
You're doing everything right. The scale will cooperate. Just remember it might not be on your timetable.
Old 09-29-2013, 10:32 AM   #494  

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldilocksinct View Post
I have now lost 85 pounds exactly! In the past I have gotten down 50 then back up, so this is new territory in many years to be at this weight. My visceral fat is in the green now!!

We had to do a biometric screening at work to get $600 off our health insurance premiums in 2014. I was stunned that my cholesterol was TC=171, HDL=55, LDL=89 and triglycerides were 136. My BP was good also. I talked to three other people (healthy weight to one underweight) and they all had too high cholesterol.
goldilocks - how wonderful that is - I am waiting for the day, soon to come, when I have lost more weight than ever before since my marriage. It is a real good sign that this program works that you have made such greater progress this time - and that your medical screening proves how good it is for you (and us).

CONGRATULATIONS
Old 09-29-2013, 10:35 AM   #495  

Default Thank you, Lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Thanks for this. It helps me to remember to ask medical professionals to use solutions for diabetics.

Remember, any hold-up due to the testing will be temporary. And if you're having "issues", you probably have inflammation, which is water weight.
You're doing everything right. The scale will cooperate. Just remember it might not be on your timetable.
I always love reading your comments because you are a voice or reason and logic in my life. My head knows you are right and it is inflammation and/or infection. I figured that between that and the antibiotics, my weight loss might show slow temporary slowing.

But, as always, my impatient soul wanted IMMEDIATE RESULTS. I will work on patience.
Closed Thread