Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 06:13 PM   #271  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

So good to see some of the original fab 50 gang here!

Molly - sorry about the job situation! I will be thinking of you.

Dana - sorry to hear about your health problems. Hope you are back on track soon.

Sending good vibes to both of you!

Rainbow - haven't seen you here in a long time - have been mostly on the maintainers thread. Good to know you're still around! (And I still blame you for turning me into a Downton Abbey junkie!)

How many others remember the first volume of Fabulous at 50?
Old 08-23-2013, 07:18 PM   #272  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

LOVE Downton Abbey
Old 08-24-2013, 09:07 AM   #273  

Hi all

I posted quite long on the 100% thread but in a nutshell, had a good day yesterday at a whole-department meeting (we are quite spread out)
People I haven't seen in a long time & MANY MANY compliments on how good I look (yup, I looked that bad before )

My former assistant had weight loss surgery in March and has gone from a size 32 to a size 24. Woo hoo! It was great to reconnect with her, as well.

I wish I worked in that kind of positive environment every day! Oh well. I keep trying for transfers and others keep being selected. As always, I'm grateful for the employment and make the best of it on a daily basis.

Last edited by lisa32989; 08-24-2013 at 09:07 AM.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:47 PM   #274  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

S/C/G: 250/119/124

Molly, continuing to pray for your situation, hope you are doing well!

Thanks for the support Joysh, I appreciate it!

Lisa, glad you had such a great supportive day!

This past weekend I went to an AEA seminar and tested for Aqua Fitness Professional, pretty sure I got it but you have to wait 4-6 weeks for the results to be mailed to you. I spent FIVE hours in the pool this weekend doing pretty intense workouts. I took along extra packets and so forth, but did not use them. The way things were timed, I was able to have my big meal at lunch right after I got out of the pool and I made sure to have a bar or whatever beforehand. So that worked out OK. I was a little apprehensive because I have not done anything that strenuous while I have been on phase 1, but it turned out not to be a problem.

I hope everyone is having a great week! I think I will sleep well tonight, LOL!
Old 08-26-2013, 07:43 AM   #275  

Alison:
Wow they make you wait a long time!
I love water fitness! Around here it tends to be scheduled for retired folks & I don't belong to a gym right now but hopefully soon my PT will get me back to working out.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:32 AM   #276  

S/C/G: 245/235/210

Height: 6'1"

Smile It's been a long time since I've seen 50

Hi all, Still trying to navigate this forum but since I'm over 50 thought I'd check in here. There should be a "fabulous at 70 and over" thread since I'm way beyond 50. My weight loss journey with IP has had a rocky start with lots of ups and downs. I'm midway into my third week and have put myself on the alternate IP plan which of course has totally derailed my weight loss. I've had to deal with some health issues last week and maybe the alternate plan will be a better fit. Thanks to Lisa, I now have a copy of that plan. Will talk to my coach at my WI on Thursday. My weight loss on phase 1 has been very slow so I'm getting a little discouraged especially since this diet is soooo expensive and I'm retired. For now, I'll keep plugging away. Have a great day! Judy
Old 08-26-2013, 09:38 AM   #277  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jac71 View Post
Hi all, Still trying to navigate this forum but since I'm over 50 thought I'd check in here. There should be a "fabulous at 70 and over" thread since I'm way beyond 50. My weight loss journey with IP has had a rocky start with lots of ups and downs. I'm midway into my third week and have put myself on the alternate IP plan which of course has totally derailed my weight loss. I've had to deal with some health issues last week and maybe the alternate plan will be a better fit. Thanks to Lisa, I now have a copy of that plan. Will talk to my coach at my WI on Thursday. My weight loss on phase 1 has been very slow so I'm getting a little discouraged especially since this diet is soooo expensive and I'm retired. For now, I'll keep plugging away. Have a great day! Judy
Jac
The alternative plan won't derail your weight loss. It just slows the train down. It just takes a different perspective. We didn't gain this weight overnite but we sure want to lose it fast, don't we? I've had several health issues that have slowed down reaching my goal in a "timely" manner. But here I am, plugging along and I WILL reach my goal!

Stick with us for encouragement on those discouraging days. This forum has been a godsend to me.

If IP is too expensive, use alternative products! You can get them at Nashua nutrition. Of course your coach will probably not see you anymore b/c he/she is running a business but...whatever. We are doing this for US and for no one else.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:56 AM   #278  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

Lisa, water fitness is an excellent choice for everyone and in particular older and heavier people! In the pool, movement is resisted in every direction because of water viscosity. A water workout burns pretty much the same amount of calories as running, with far, far less stress on the joints. And it is FUN! There is often music involved! A good instructor can almost make it seem like a party! : )
Old 08-26-2013, 10:09 AM   #279  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonS View Post
Lisa, water fitness is an excellent choice for everyone and in particular older and heavier people! In the pool, movement is resisted in every direction because of water viscosity. A water workout burns pretty much the same amount of calories as running, with far, far less stress on the joints. And it is FUN! There is often music involved! A good instructor can almost make it seem like a party! : )
You are right. It is tons of fun!
People poo poo it as being for the old or fat ladies but if anyone has tried it...it is a great workout!
I once joined a gym just because of the water fitness schedule (due to my longtime back problems). Unfortunately, I moved & it was no longer convenient to belong to that gym. Most of the gyms around me only have water fitness classes while I'm at work , literally catering to the retired folks, as if the classes are ONLY for them
Old 08-26-2013, 11:57 AM   #280  

Thanks Lisa for your reply. I'll check out that website and compare food costs. Since I've paid all this upfront money, might as well use the benefits of having a coach and WI..makes me more accountable. I may reduce the IP packs a day..coach won't like that..you're right it's all about money in their pockets..but it's my body. It's so much food, I'm having trouble eating it all and feel bloated and am also dealing with the big "C". And, it seems all I'm doing is eating and fixing veggies. Thanks for the encouragement. All for now...
Old 08-27-2013, 11:48 AM   #281  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

Hi Everyone, I hope your week is going well!

Jac, just a quick note - I am a coach, and it is not just about the $$ with the alternate products. We don't know exactly what is in some of these alternate products (the basic counts but not the quality of protein, etc.) and the big issue is LIABILITY and protection of the brand. If someone is eating using alternatives and then drops over because they are not getting enough protein because it is lower quality/not as digestible, you know that Ideal Protein is going to get blasted in the media as being "dangerous" and "unsafe" as well as the clinic getting sued. You can do a similar diet on your own, but you see what I mean about this. It is just sad that we live in such a sue-happy culture.

Today was a milestone for me - my LAST Phase 1 weigh in. I was down a little but am still about 1.5 pounds from where I really wanted to get. I am moving to Phase 2 on Saturday, which is my 1 year anniversary on IP. Going to Phase 2 *seems* like a big deal, but it really is not that exciting food-wise, as I won't be having any new foods. Phase 3 I expect to be VERY exciting to actually have yogurt again! : )

I'll check in again later in the week, hope you are getting the results you want!!
Old 08-27-2013, 11:53 AM   #282  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonS View Post
Hi Everyone, I hope your week is going well!

Jac, just a quick note - I am a coach, and it is not just about the $$ with the alternate products. We don't know exactly what is in some of these alternate products (the basic counts but not the quality of protein, etc.) and the big issue is LIABILITY and protection of the brand. If someone is eating using alternatives and then drops over because they are not getting enough protein because it is lower quality/not as digestible, you know that Ideal Protein is going to get blasted in the media as being "dangerous" and "unsafe" as well as the clinic getting sued. You can do a similar diet on your own, but you see what I mean about this. It is just sad that we live in such a sue-happy culture.

Today was a milestone for me - my LAST Phase 1 weigh in. I was down a little but am still about 1.5 pounds from where I really wanted to get. I am moving to Phase 2 on Saturday, which is my 1 year anniversary on IP. Going to Phase 2 *seems* like a big deal, but it really is not that exciting food-wise, as I won't be having any new foods. Phase 3 I expect to be VERY exciting to actually have yogurt again! : )
Congrats Alison! That 1.5 will come off in P2 or 3. I know they say you'll gain some in P3 but I kept losing (perhaps that's because I was straightening my thyroid back out). Others have reported losing, as well.
Much luck to you!
Old 08-27-2013, 03:32 PM   #283  

Alison, you're right about liability issue but because I'm losing slower than average and since i'm retired, i do have to consider cost. I have now switched to alternative IP plan because of health concerns this past week and weight loss will be even slower.
Congrats to you for the milestone you've achieved and thanks for your input. This is a great and supportive forum.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:25 PM   #284  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Hi all,

Sorry to not keep you updated. We were at a weekend Corvair event with our station wagon. Tons of fun. It's not easy to post on my tablet. I saw your love and good wishes and appreciated them though I could not thank you right then.

Things seem to have turned a corner in my job search. I've had a recruiter contact me. Now, don't get this wrong. There are good ones and bad ones in all areas. Just like car salesmen. LOL. She is out of the office right now with a sick child and cannot check, but one of the jobs on their site is a perfect match and a work at home job. Everything I have wanted. It's a long term contract job, but that might not be all bad as I really only want to work a couple more years. So again, I need all those positive thoughts. You are my extended family.

I'm so proud to read about the successes of those of you behind me in progress on this journey. This thread is so helpful those of us 50+ and dealing with the slower losses. It can be sometimes depressing reading the youngsters and their big losses and their energy levels that I do remember many years ago. Hang in there fabulous 50+ers. You'll make it.

Love, Molly
Old 08-28-2013, 08:23 PM   #285  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

Hi Molly, so glad to hear that things are falling into place for you! You have my continued thoughts and prayers!

Lisa, that is great to hear that the weight loss continues in Phases 2 and 3 for many - maybe that is what my body needs to be "shaken up" a little bit! I was just realizing HOW MUCH MEAT Phase 2 really involves! Holy cow! Or maybe I should say 'whole cow', LOL!

Jac, I hear you on the cost. That is one of the benefits of finally getting "done", hopefully I can save some money. I have spent a boatload between all the food and having to replace my wardrobe basically 3 times. I even have shoes that have gotten too big! I love the new sizes but ENOUGH on the wallet, I am crying uncle! : )

Lizzy, nice to "see" you, it is always such a treat when the "originals" show up!

I had my physical this week, and this was the first time that the doctor basically had nothing to say - weight is fine, not a smoker, not a drinker, very little caffeine, no diet soda - though he did say that I need to get a bone density test, which I am having tomorrow. Had to stop the calcium for two days for that, but that's OK, helps get things "moving". ; )

I am really looking forward to the Labor Day weekend! Best wishes everyone!
Closed Thread