Closed Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 11:00 PM   #181  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

S/C/G: 250/119/124

Hi Peeps, hope the heat is not getting you down! Just wanted to say "hi" and give this thread a bump! : )
Old 07-17-2013, 11:18 AM   #182  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

Hmmmm, starting to feel like I am talking to myself, LOL!

Had an NSV today - my bloodwork came back, and my Hemoglobin A1C is now 5.1 - making me not even pre-diabetic, I am completely normal! When I started IP, I was taking 160 units of Lantus daily, 35 units of Apidra daily and 1000 mg of Glumetza and my A1C was 11.9. Now I am 5.1 taking NOTHING! YAY!!! This protocol works, stay with it!
Old 07-17-2013, 07:14 PM   #183  

Yes, it is a little lonely in here.

Alison, that is amazing--congratulations!!! My husband has diabetes and he got a 7.2 number today from his blood test and doctor's appointment. I really know nothing about it as I have luckily never had a problem with it. I really wish he would try IP but he is too worried to give up his carbs. I try not to bug him too much since I know what it is like to not be ready.

I think my WL has slowed down a little because I have been over-using splenda. I don't know what is wrong with me getting this stupid sweet tooth. I actually like salty more than sweet but my taste buds are changing! I have been making my jicama chips in the oven and they practically turn into candy. What an idiot I am. I am stopping it now. I am going to stick with my liquid splenda that adds no carbs at all. I did find a pure sucralose powder which might work for me rather than the stupid granular stuff with all the additives.

Regardless of feeling stupid about that issue, I really feel good and am proud of myself staying on IP. My sister, who has always stayed in great shape called me skinny yesterday. She is a very genuine person. I suppose if people are used to seeing me a lot bigger...but skinny kills me. I do know I look a lot better--I am getting tons of attention from not only people I know, but from men out at the stores and stuff. I don't mind at all.
Old 07-18-2013, 09:23 PM   #184  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

Hi Goldilocks, thanks!

How much Splenda are you eating? I guess it could make a difference, but your weight losses look pretty good to me. Don't fix it if it isn't broken! : )

It is SO HOT! I am so glad that I have most of my weight off! I would have been so miserable!

Stay cool!
Old 07-19-2013, 10:19 AM   #185  

Hi girls!
I'm back from a little road trip.
Great news about the blood work! And yes, I miss all the peeps that used to share in here regularly, too. I learned a lot in this thread.

Last edited by lisa32989; 07-19-2013 at 10:58 AM.
Old 07-19-2013, 10:54 AM   #186  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Hi everyone! I've not been checking in at 3FatChicks quite as much lately, but thought I'd check in here and in the Maintenance thread today.

I was going great on my reboot... then I was away during a weekend and gave in to an icecream temptation. Ever since then it's been hard to get settled back fully 100% complaint with P1. (sigh) I'm about 6 lbs up from my goal weight, and determined to get it off. One thing though, is that I've noticed my body muscle % has been increasing, so maybe some of it is muscle. I think my regular use of the Vibracize machine is helping with the muscle-building.

I received my The Beck Diet Solution book earlier this week and am working my way through it. While the time I spent on the diet helped adjust my eating habits tremendously, after my first 2 months on maintenance I started slipping back to a few bad habits. I've also been having trouble with cravings so I definitely think I can use some of Dr. Beck's 'thinking adjustments' to support IP-healthy eating habits in maintenance. That's what her book is about, so I'm looking forward to the process. Of course, it will require the commitment to actually read and follow her suggestions in order to reap the rewards. But I've decided I need the additional support to keep me on track, so - here we go!

Other than this my major complaint is how friggin' Hot and Humid it's been since last weekend!! Phew! With all this heat and humidity you'd think the lbs would just melt away.... our temps have been around 36+ C for most of the week, with humidex readings up to 42 degrees or so - that's around 107 Fahrenheit. Last night the humidex factor was about 36 degrees C at 3am - that's 96.8 degrees Fahrenheit - at 3am! LOL - I prefer not to think about it - just makes me feel hotter. I'm very grateful though, that I'm not back to where I was pre-diet with that extra 55+ lbs still on me during this extended heat wave.

I also have been wondering why I've been feeling quite bloaty for the past few days.. then realized that I've been drinking much more carbonated water than usual. I bought some bottles of it and have been adding a couple of squirts of Crystal Light strawberry/lemonade flavoring to it - tasty. But I'm suspecting that the carbonation is contributing to this bloatiness... so it's back to regular iced filtered water for me... the carbonated stuff is going to go back to being just an occasional treat.

I've also been reading that high temps & humidity can cause water retention and bloat, so this heatwave & humidity is no doubt also adding to my 'bloatiness'.

Anyway - guess that's it from me... Cheers to everyone - have a great day.

Last edited by evepet; 07-19-2013 at 11:01 AM.
Old 07-19-2013, 02:12 PM   #187  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Lisa and EvePet...

your comments and insights were missed lately! Hope your travels were restful Lisa...and EvePet..your journey and the accompanying honesty in maintenance is educating those of us who still aspire to be where you are!!
Welcome back!
Old 07-20-2013, 09:11 AM   #188  
Started IP: May 9, 2013

S/C/G: 201/159/125

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisonS View Post
Hmmmm, starting to feel like I am talking to myself, LOL!

Had an NSV today - my bloodwork came back, and my Hemoglobin A1C is now 5.1 - making me not even pre-diabetic, I am completely normal! When I started IP, I was taking 160 units of Lantus daily, 35 units of Apidra daily and 1000 mg of Glumetza and my A1C was 11.9. Now I am 5.1 taking NOTHING! YAY!!! This protocol works, stay with it!
I REALLY need to check in and stay around here on a more regular basis. This absolutely fantastic, Allison! In the early 90's, I used to teach (as a nurse) diabetic education to in-pts. all over a hospital for a year or so. It didn't last because they paid extra for it (!). The A1C thing wasn't even mentioned often -- still kind of new. I'm retired, but will put it on my to-do list, to cross paths with someone who's active in the field and open to learning new treatments, and may use your quote above and try to put them in touch with you. Maybe not a professional; need to also talk to people if I learn they are diabetic or know someone, etc.. Am processing several other things right now, but I want to follow up on this, when the pieces fall into place. Thanks for sharing!
Old 07-20-2013, 09:25 AM   #189  

Big family weekend at the lake this weekend. Let the fun ensue!
I will be starting the day with an hour of PT stretches/exercises. My back is killing me
Old 07-20-2013, 03:22 PM   #190  

Lisa--good luck with the back. I have tendonitis in my lower back and it really is terrible at times. I get a 75 minute massage every month and I got it yesterday. It was SO NICE!

Alison, I was really over-using splenda, like sometimes eating it plain. I am trying to just use stevia for a while, which is kind of bitter. Truvia has the other ingredient in it and I am trying to not use that much. It is better if I use a lot of cinnamon with the stevia and it cuts the bitter taste. I also got my pure sucralose in the mail today. Wow, the powdered stuff is super condensed. I expected a little bigger package than I got. The liquid stuff is very good and has an eye dropper so you don't put so much in when you use it.

So (drum roll), I finally got to onederland at my weigh in today! It has been a very long time! I had some old 501 Levi's (with the buttons) in my closet from many many years ago, and they now fit, although we really wore pants up higher back in the day...

I took the dog to the park this morning and it is finally supposed to rain tonight and break this terrible heat wave. We just heard thunder--yay!
Old 07-20-2013, 04:14 PM   #191  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

Goldilocks, COGRATULATIONS on Onederland! SO HAPPY FOR YOU!

Majofki, thanks, happy to talk to you more about my experience with medication!

Lisa, have fun on your big weekend! Nice to see you back here!

Eve, I hear you on the hot and humid! It has been unreal!

Today I got on the Wii and was starting to work on my balance, etc. I did the "basic run" program and was amazed I was able to jog the whole time, which I have not attempted in well over a year, but was never able to do! I will probably do more on it this evening. I do the "Walk It Out" program and the "Wii Fit Plus" program.

Have a great day!
Old 07-20-2013, 04:35 PM   #192  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Alison-
Hi to you too...!
I guess there have been lots of busy times for some of us the last few weeks. Congrats on the good recent blood work!! That is a real picker-upper! Feeling good...looking good..but knowing one's health is good...is more than good..it's really great! I see a lot of newbies on all the forums....(another good-Good!!) ....but am noticing some of the folks who were so helpful and interesting to read about when I started have phased off and are picking up their lives. (As it should be...) A good thing too...but it feels strange not to see some of the familiar names as often anymore!
Old 07-20-2013, 05:47 PM   #193  
IP Start Date 8/31/2012

Hi 65x65!

I think that maybe a lot of people are on vacation right now. It just seems like there are a lot more activities/social things that happen in the summer, and in fact I have been out to eat twice this week. Once at Outback (got the 8oz filet and broccoli and asparagus with no butter) and once at Clyde's (got filet medalions and spinach with no butter.) I always tell them I am lactose intolerant to make them take my "no butter" request more seriously, but I am pretty sure that spinach had a little butter on there. Oh well! Today I am having all my meals at home.

My veg for tonight is roasted cauliflower with falafel spice. That is AWESOME spice for on your cauliflower. I buy it off Amazon.com, but you can probably get it at middle eastern groceries as well.

We are under a severe thunderstorm watch, but nothing so far! Maybe that will cool things down a little!
Old 07-20-2013, 06:57 PM   #194  
started IP 7/17/2012

S/C/G: 200.5/167/150

Height: 5'4"

Hi, all! Dropping by to say "Hi"" to my old friends here! This is a wonderful and supportive thread. Looks like you are all doing well, and lots of new faces too.

Since I started maintenance in early December, I've mostly been hanging out on the maintenance thread. I am very happy with where I'm at and not finding maintenance too challenging. I know, however, I've got to be vigilant about not letting bad habits creep back in! (I got rid of all of my clothes in larger sizes - a little extra insurance - don't want it to be easy to regain.)

I have toyed with taking off another 5 pounds, but not sure I will be comfortable maintaining that. I still have a bit more around the middle than I'd like, but that tends to happen to some of us 50+ girls... And besides, my health is much better and DH loves me at any size.

Congrats to all on your progress! Keep it up!
Old 07-21-2013, 12:59 AM   #195  
On plan since June 23/13

S/C/G: 197/153/150

Height: 5'3"

Hi, I'm starting week 5 of IP, getting into posting and I love getting tips from 3FC. I'd like to be part of this thread. I still have so much to learn about IP and I am determined. I want to be at or very close to goal by october10. We leave on a vacation October 11. I have lots of work to do!
Closed Thread