Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2013, 12:24 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 173/163/148

Height: 5'4"

INTERESTING - my center's protocol sheet for P1 does NOT list Omega-3s as mandatory (they are not on the meal plan) and also doesn't say "Sweetener Permitted". Also I noticed on the sheet Lisa linked its says 'Spaghetti' up to 2x/week. What spaghetti?????? We have the Rotini, but it is an unrestricted item. I notice the protocol sheet Lisa posted had 3 clinic addresses on the top. Mine does NOT. The plot thickens!!!!! I think I may be calling Ideal Protein headquarters tomorrow to get an explanation.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:00 AM   #92  

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
Congrats on your loss! And I don't think you are being sensitive. It took me 4 weeks to finally tell my boyfriend how much I lost. I can imagine it would be even more time before I tell strangers my weight! I think your response was appropriate. Your coach should ask first before making such an announcement - but at least s/he was happy for you!
I agree totally. I am so sensitive about my weight I have yet to post it here
Old 05-31-2013, 01:10 AM   #93  

S/C/G: 296/259/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brelo View Post
Good morning IPeeps,

Had my WI yesterday, down another 2 pounds. Was hoping to make it into the next decade on the scale, next week for sure. Haven't seen those numbers on the scale since I can't remember when.

I was disappointed in my coach yesterday. She is very boisterous and exuberant and I really like her but she "announced" to the entire waiting room that I was headed for the "30's" next week. If that isn't giving my weight away. I was shocked as my weight is private. (except for you guys of course) I looked around to see if there was anyone I knew. I was dumfounded and speechless, then last night I sent her an email saying I don't think you even noticed what happened, but please don't do it again!! Am I being too sensitive? Anyway, just wanted to vent the incident to help get it off my chest. Thanks for listening.
No! You were not being sensitive! I would feel the same way! I wouldn't mind the celebrating of the pounds but to announce it that way was a breach of your privacy. Good or you for saying something!
Old 05-31-2013, 01:35 AM   #94  

S/C/G: 296/259/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleNP View Post
INTERESTING - my center's protocol sheet for P1 does NOT list Omega-3s as mandatory (they are not on the meal plan) and also doesn't say "Sweetener Permitted". Also I noticed on the sheet Lisa linked its says 'Spaghetti' up to 2x/week. What spaghetti?????? We have the Rotini, but it is an unrestricted item. I notice the protocol sheet Lisa posted had 3 clinic addresses on the top. Mine does NOT. The plot thickens!!!!! I think I may be calling Ideal Protein headquarters tomorrow to get an explanation.
The spagetti refers to the ideal protein spagetti bolognese (spelling?). It is a pasta with a "meat" sauce, totally different from the rotini. One of the better ideal protein meals but because it is limited, I rarely eat it. As far as I know the omegas are required on the most recent p1 sheet which you can obtain in the sticky at he beginningof he thread.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:37 AM   #95  
IP start 4/17/13

S/C/G: 259/213.6/146

Height: 5' 9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by brelo View Post
Good morning IPeeps,

Had my WI yesterday, down another 2 pounds. Was hoping to make it into the next decade on the scale, next week for sure. Haven't seen those numbers on the scale since I can't remember when.

I was disappointed in my coach yesterday. She is very boisterous and exuberant and I really like her but she "announced" to the entire waiting room that I was headed for the "30's" next week. If that isn't giving my weight away. I was shocked as my weight is private. (except for you guys of course) I looked around to see if there was anyone I knew. I was dumfounded and speechless, then last night I sent her an email saying I don't think you even noticed what happened, but please don't do it again!! Am I being too sensitive? Anyway, just wanted to vent the incident to help get it off my chest. Thanks for listening.
Oh I would be mad as well.
I even stop telling people the the amount of weight that I have lost so far but I do tell the percentage.
One of my best friends made me step on the scale, as she was one of the few that I told my starting weight, as she couldn't believe that I was THAT heavy. So telling everyone how much I have lost so far, and anyone can place me where I am on the weight scale.
During my weightloss journey, the people I talk numbers are you guys, my coach, my mom and a best girlfriend. Everyone else fall into 'do I look good or not, or can I get into the jeans that I want ' group.

I don't think you overreacted, and I am glad you had told your cach how you felt. Heck, she is a coach, she needs to be sensitive and maybe she will think twice in the future.

Good luck
Old 05-31-2013, 01:45 AM   #96  

S/C/G: 173/163/148

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingSkinny View Post
The spagetti refers to the ideal protein spagetti bolognese (spelling?). It is a pasta with a "meat" sauce, totally different from the rotini. One of the better ideal protein meals but because it is limited, I rarely eat it. As far as I know the omegas are required on the most recent p1 sheet which you can obtain in the sticky at he beginningof he thread.
Forgot about the spaghetti bolognese packet. Actually I didn't like it so for me no loss in it being limited to 2x/week.

But back to the protocols, I am 100% sure that my clinic is up to date with regard to protocols. I wonder if there are regional differences in the sheets? Will make that call to IP tomorrow.
Closed Thread