Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 01:12 PM   #31  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestLAgrl View Post
WI today
down -2.6lb and for the total loss of 24lb and 18.625in

My coach drilled me for mixing the alternatives with IP? She said that the protein absorbency rate is not the same.
I got so irritated and I am on TOM.
I wanted it t be a good day, and its a great progress, instead I am irritated with her and am afraid I will pick the fight with someone.
Looking at the results, I really don't see the difference

Is there? Help
First of all, congrats on the WI & sorry your coach irritated you

If you are using a clinic, they expect you to buy your product from them.
Many coaches will only work with clients who use exclusively IP products (this is how they make their money, so it makes sense). Anyone using alternatives should expect to "hear it" from their coach. If you aren't buying from them, they aren't getting paid.

As far as the protein being better, not really. As a matter of fact, I can find higher quality protein sources other places. (It just takes learning the difference between isolate vs concentrate, for example...or choosing to eliminate soy for health purposes, which I have done). IP will give you a speil about how theirs is "better". Better than what? Low quality whey concentrate or high quality when isolate from grass-fed, organic sources? I've been using the latter (also stevia sweetened). IP doesn't offer me that.

Last edited by lisa32989; 05-29-2013 at 01:15 PM.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:14 PM   #32  

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky536 View Post
So I have a cold right now and I am very stuffy and weak feeling. What are some things you have done when you got sick to help stay on program?
Make a big ol pot of chicken soup with approved veggies (I use celery, bok choy, leeks, mushrooms).
Drink herbal teas (decaf, as much as you want!)
Hot lemon water

Summer colds are the worst! Feel better soon!

Last edited by lisa32989; 05-29-2013 at 01:14 PM.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:17 PM   #33  
IP start 4/17/13

S/C/G: 259/213.6/146

Height: 5' 9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
First of all, congrats on the WI & sorry your coach irritated you

If you are using a clinic, they expect you to buy your product from them.
Many coaches will only work with clients who use exclusively IP products (this is how they make their money, so it makes sense). Anyone using alternatives should expect to "hear it" from their coach. If you aren't buying from them, they aren't getting paid.

As far as the protein being better, not really. As a matter of fact, I can find higher quality protein sources other places. (It just takes learning the difference between isolate vs concentrate, for example...or choosing to eliminate soy for health purposes, which I have done). IP will give you a speil about how theirs is "better". Better than what? Low quality whey concentrate or high quality when isolate from grass-fed, organic sources? I've been using the latter (also stevia sweetened). IP doesn't offer me that.

That makes total sense!!!!
Thank you

Do you have a recommendation? Thank you!

And thank you for always being there! I am very grateful!

Last edited by WestLAgrl; 05-29-2013 at 01:18 PM.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:17 PM   #34  
Sojourner

S/C/G: 168.8/138.2/125

Height: 5'2

Zombiedawn you had asked about the Cal Mag dosage on yesterdays chat, with the new bottle I got from my coach the dosage has changed to 2 tablets instead of 4.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:20 PM   #35  

Decided today that IP wasn't for me. I had some loss but probably mostly water and because I quit drinking massive amounts of diet coke. I really tried. I question if I was ever or able to stay in ketosis. I am tired of eating soo little, being so perfectly on plan and spending so much money to see such little loss (sometimes a gain). My inches lost were miniscule. My coach was great. Very motivating. I will try good old healthy eating and excercise. Thanks to all the supporters on this website. Your a great group of people. Good luck with your weight loss journey.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:20 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 174/130/130

Height: 5'3"

Thanks! I did make some soup, but the family loved it so much I didn't get very much. Think I will have to make my own special pot that no one else can touch.
Old 05-29-2013, 01:26 PM   #37  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandis Apples View Post
Decided today that IP wasn't for me. I had some loss but probably mostly water and because I quit drinking massive amounts of diet coke. I really tried. I question if I was ever or able to stay in ketosis. I am tired of eating soo little, being so perfectly on plan and spending so much money to see such little loss (sometimes a gain). My inches lost were miniscule. My coach was great. Very motivating. I will try good old healthy eating and excercise. Thanks to all the supporters on this website. Your a great group of people. Good luck with your weight loss journey.
Best of luck to your Kandis!
Old 05-29-2013, 01:31 PM   #38  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happymomof2 View Post
I agree Peaches, SCORBETT1103 is amazing! I always look for her input on threads and that has helped me tremendously. Thank you SCORBETT!

ON another note - I have decided to start phasing off, I think it is time. I am excited but also sooooo nervous, I feel like a toddler who is about to have my security blankie taken away! I know I can do this and being on this forum is such a valuable resource. Ready, Set , Here I Go......
Good luck to you and a big congratulations on your success. This is so inspirational for me!
Old 05-29-2013, 01:35 PM   #39  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by beeps View Post
Hi, everyone! I usually just read along, but decided to pop in and say hi today and ask a question.

My third weigh-in is tonight, and I'm wondering how having your period generally tends to impact the loss/numbers?
You might see the scale not move, but it's most likely bloating/water retention that will resolve itself once your TOM has passed. Just keep drinking plenty of water!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
PS: On the topic of the Big C - I was also told that citrate of magnesia was a good option to keep things movin'.
Mag Citrate is REALLY fast acting and also extremely dehydrating. The doctors I work with usually prescribe other remedies first and then fall back on Mag Citrate when the other remedies fail. Miralax is a good place to start because it's not a stimulant - your body can actually start to rely on the stimulant laxatives if you use them too often, and once you stop your bowel muscles won't want to work on their own. It's great that things like Mag Citrate are available to us when we need them, but as with any powerful drug/remedy, use with caution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestLAgrl View Post
WI today
down -2.6lb and for the total loss of 24lb and 18.625in

My coach drilled me for mixing the alternatives with IP? She said that the protein absorbency rate is not the same.
I got so irritated and I am on TOM.
I have a laugh whenever this comes up. Several of the alternative products are manufactured at the very same plant as the IP products, some are even shipped in the same silver space packaging, just in a different box. Hard to call the product superior when it's just packaged under a different name

Quote:
So I have a cold right now and I am very stuffy and weak feeling. What are some things you have done when you got sick to help stay on program?
broth, veggie soup, and lots of hot tea!

If you need an over the counter remedy to help you feel better, either get one in pill form (less likely to contain sugar), or ask the pharmacist for a medication that is diabetic-safe. Feel better!
Old 05-29-2013, 01:42 PM   #40  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Anyone have a problem with dizziness? For the second time in a week I am so dizzy! I have to be extra cautious when i stand up and walk. I have been eating exactly as my P1 sheet instructs, and have been getting all my salt and plenty of water. I have been sleeping slightly better than the first week OP. Is this common on IP?
Old 05-29-2013, 01:55 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Quote:
I'm feeling the exact same way. I think it's my allergies/sinuses. I take daytime sinus/cold capsules. I just make sure they don't have sugar by checking ingredients online. also, diabetic or sugar-free tussin.

And like Lisa said, I make a big batch of soup: onions, celery, mushrooms, summer squash, kale, and sometimes chopped tomatoes simmer with herbs, bay leaf, and chicken stock. I had some the other night and it helped clear out my nose and instantly felt better. I think the sodium helps too. I also like nice, hot showers, neti pots, and vick's vapo rub (reminds me of my childhood). Don't forget to load up on water! I tend to get dehydrated very easily when i'm sick and it makes my headaches worse.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:03 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 184/149/150

Height: 5'7"

I made the cauliflower pizza for lunch it was FANTASTIC! Thanks Amberjules!
It was so good I had mushroom and green pepper on top. Will not even miss regular pizza anymore. Might even make it agin tomorrow!
Old 05-29-2013, 02:09 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Checking in today, still feeling sick.

BUT I had a fantastic day yesterday!!

I am an LPN and in school finishing my RN. During my clinical last night, I got to observe in the ED at a local hospital. It was pretty interesting, I love experiencing different types of nursing. Right now I work in long term care.

Anyways, an ambulance came in with a man found in cardiac arrest. They had me go right up front and watch the code unravel. It was such a learning experience, and I was so happy to be there. The code lasted for over an hour, and luckily the man finally stabilized right before I left.

Makes me wonder if that is something I want to do. I love being where the action is!
Old 05-29-2013, 02:14 PM   #44  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY3labs View Post
I made the cauliflower pizza for lunch it was FANTASTIC! Thanks Amberjules! It was so good I had mushroom and green pepper on top. Will not even miss regular pizza anymore. Might even make it agin tomorrow!
Any pointers you have for making it successfully?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaBoBanna View Post
Checking in today, still feeling sick. BUT I had a fantastic day yesterday!!
Awesome that you found something you are curious about, bummer about feeling sick still. Hope you feel better soon.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:21 PM   #45  
IP start 4/17/13

S/C/G: 259/213.6/146

Height: 5' 9.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post

I have a laugh whenever this comes up. Several of the alternative products are manufactured at the very same plant as the IP products, some are even shipped in the same silver space packaging, just in a different box. Hard to call the product superior when it's just packaged under a different name

Makes sense
Thank you!
Closed Thread