3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Ideal Protein Weekend Chat May 25/26, 2013 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/282249-ideal-protein-weekend-chat-may-25-26-2013-a.html)

mcn1254 05-25-2013 06:44 PM

I am doing IP using alternatives and I have been using the EAS Advantedge Carb Control RTD shakes, but I'm wondering if there is a protein powder I can buy to make my own shakes. I tried the Biggest Loser protein powder and I hated it it was very watery and kind if grainy.

athena4791 05-25-2013 06:48 PM

I've seen the EAS protein powders at CVS. I'm not sure if they are carb control or not though.

purplepetunia 05-25-2013 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by athena4791 (Post 4752569)
Hey IP peeps! Having a very good day. The *RAWR I'm gonna go bananas if I don't get chocolate* has subsided, in part due to the freaking fantastic chocolate bark recipe from the chocolate pudding.... annnd the chocolate mocha for breakfast... and possible the chocolate soy puffs for snack :shrug: .... Don't judge me! :lol:

Happy Memorial Day!!! Hope you all have a fantastic OP weekend!

No judging here! Sounds very yummy. :T

purplepetunia 05-25-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcn1254 (Post 4752604)
I am doing IP using alternatives and I have been using the EAS Advantedge Carb Control RTD shakes, but I'm wondering if there is a protein powder I can buy to make my own shakes. I tried the Biggest Loser protein powder and I hated it it was very watery and kind if grainy.

I have used Pure Protein Frosty Chocolate. You can get a big tub at Wal-Mart or from Amazon for around $20 and it is very good!

AprilH3 05-25-2013 08:05 PM

I'm working, second shooting a wedding (photography!!) and of course dinner has nothing I can eat which is a bummer so instead in dreaming of my dinner when I get home and my snack. It will all be later than normal but we deal!

I did eat a quest bar on the way to the wedding, I hope it wasn't too high in carbs and whatnot.

AnnaBoBanna 05-25-2013 10:55 PM

It's been a rough past few days. My cat has glaucoma and his eye took a turn for the worse. He basically needs his eye surgically removed or it will rupture (sorry, gross I know). So, I was at the vet ER today and trying to figure out what to do. It's so expensive! I started an online fundraiser and have had some results, so that is promising.

I woke up with horrible stomach issues but they have resolved as the day went on. It's happened every morning for the past few days. I got in my water, half my veggies, my protein, and two packets so far. I have some rhubarb chilling in the freezer. I might blend it with a vanilla drink and see how it tastes!

Also, I am very happy my scrubs are fitting a bit looser :-)

Angie59 05-25-2013 11:20 PM

Girls I have a problem.. When I purchased my IP food supply for this week, I ate all the restricted ones in 2 days.. instead of spreading them.. I don't know what should I do..I'm not hungry, but I think its just cravings.. I wonder if its gonna affect my weight loss..:(

claustin 05-26-2013 01:22 AM

Ok, so I know I shouldn't weigh myself everyday but since I took my break a week ago and gained 10lbs I am now nervous. I have been weighing myself every morning since rebooting on Monday and it has been going down (average 3 lbs a day) until this morning :( I was so hungry yesterday I had another non-restricted for a total of 3 plus 1 restricted. This morning the scale stayed the same. I have only been weighing for my own sake. I go for my real weigh in with my coach Monday, but I'm now worried it won't move between now and then :(

SeattleNP 05-26-2013 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angie59 (Post 4752786)
Girls I have a problem.. When I purchased my IP food supply for this week, I ate all the restricted ones in 2 days (. . .)I wonder if its gonna affect my weight loss..:(

Hmmm, thats actually a lot of extra carbs, so you might prepare yourself not having a great week. If it were me I would eat only non-restricted for the rest of the week and hope for the best. Don't beat yourself up, just put your big girl panties on and keep moving forward.

Quote:

Originally Posted by claustin (Post 4752831)
Ok, so I know I shouldn't weigh myself everyday but since I took my break a week ago and gained 10lbs I am now nervous. I have been weighing myself every morning since rebooting on Monday and it has been going down (average 3 lbs a day) until this morning (. . .), but I'm now worried it won't move between now and then :(

Your were AVERAGING 3 POUNDS A DAY since Monday :?:? I would think that your body was dumping water that it retained while you were eating off program. Your body needs to find its balance, but it still sounds like your going to end up with a good loss for the week :hug:

canic 05-26-2013 02:03 AM

I'm getting ready for Phase 3 and maintenance.

Does anyone have a good protein powder that doesn't have soy or aspartame sweetener in it. I want a relatively healthy version to add to smoothies etc.

What do people snack on when in maintenance?
Does anyone have quick food ideas when in a hurry? IP worked well for me to grab a shake or a bar when I was rushing to get somewhere.

I can start a new thread if that is best. Thanks.

SweetScrumptious 05-26-2013 05:00 AM

accgy I see that you are in Calgary! I'm thinking about starting the IP diet but looking into research first (ie. where to buy affordable/cheaper alternatives, etc). I see in your post that you have found alternatives at the Low Carb Canada location here so I'll have to check that out. I have found Walden Farm products at Diabetic Depot. Do you know of anywhere else here in the city where I can find products (or cheaper IP packets)? *sending PM in case you don't see this*

lisa32989 05-26-2013 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canic (Post 4752841)

Does anyone have a good protein powder that doesn't have soy or aspartame sweetener in it. I want a relatively healthy version to add to smoothies etc.

Does anyone have quick food ideas when in a hurry? IP worked well for me to grab a shake or a bar when I was rushing to get somewhere.

The is a maintenance thread. Those folks will be your go-to with those questions

Quote:

Originally Posted by Angie59 (Post 4752786)
Girls I have a problem.. When I purchased my IP food supply for this week, I ate all the restricted ones in 2 days.. instead of spreading them.. I don't know what should I do..I'm not hungry, but I think its just cravings.. I wonder if its gonna affect my weight loss..:(

After-the-fact is too late to worry about what it will do to weight loss so all you can do is move on and follow the protocol.
There are certain restricteds I don't keep in my house because of the cravings for more. If you're having these problems, you may want to back-off on buying items that cause this

Moving forward, what's done is done. Follow the sheet. Once you settle into Ketosis, it does a great job helping with hunger and cravings. No need to further restrict anything to "make up" for what happened. Ketosis and insulin don't work that way. It is a daily commitment to the plan that controls insulin production, keeps us in Ketosis and gets us to the weight loss goals we seek. You didn't mention if you ate extra or only 3 packs/day. If 3 packs, you were still very limited calories and although maybe won't see the big losses some folks did, the scale will move, esp if the rest of your week has been clean.

Weight loss really is more mental than physical, isn't it?
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8559/8...fc2a819c_n.jpg

ragdoll74 05-26-2013 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canic (Post 4752841)

Check out Quest bars. They have a 100% natural line.

nicoleroper 05-26-2013 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by claustin (Post 4752831)
Ok, so I know I shouldn't weigh myself everyday but since I took my break a week ago and gained 10lbs I am now nervous. I have been weighing myself every morning since rebooting on Monday and it has been going down (average 3 lbs a day) until this morning :( I was so hungry yesterday I had another non-restricted for a total of 3 plus 1 restricted. This morning the scale stayed the same. I have only been weighing for my own sake. I go for my real weigh in with my coach Monday, but I'm now worried it won't move between now and then :(

Stop stressing, get back OP and it will come back off. It may take u an extra week. , but it will come off.

Divadani13 05-26-2013 10:03 AM

Hi, all! I'm new to the program. Just started on Monday and am doing it myself with alternative products. I did a similar program after I had my first son and still have a lot of protein packets to use. So far, it's working great! -8!

DH and I are going to the theater today and lunch with friends. Planning on salad and protein. Hopefully, it will work out fine. Have a great weekend, everyone!