Old 05-25-2013, 05:30 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 196- starting weight

Height: 5' 7"

Default Love this!

Thank you for the encouragement! You look amazing!
laloli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:59 PM   #47  
Started IP 11/28/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed900711 View Post
Just amazing Amber, you continue to inspire me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AusTexGal View Post
Lisa and Amberjules -- WOW!! Congrats to both of you for your achievements. And a twenty one gun salute for all the help and inspiration you provide to so many of us here. Thanks for sharing your journeys with us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllyElle View Post
WOW! You look great! Thank you for continuing to post. Your posts are so meaningful and motivating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by laloli View Post
Thank you for the encouragement! You look amazing!
Thank you all!
amberjules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:45 PM   #48  
Started IP 1/10/13

S/C/G: 225/175.5(home) 176.2(IP)/120

Height: 5'0"

I am so jealous of your gorgeous cheekbones. Can't wait until more of the fat falls off my face and some angles show up.

And yes I hear you lady! I am struggling a bit but I just try to stay focused on the goal. I think about how close I am to a 50 pound loss and how FREAKING AMAZING THAT WILL BE and I push on.
Desafinado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:56 PM   #49  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonicaKolesnik View Post
love all the progress photos strung together like that. You look so good!!
We all need encouragement and your weight loss success and positive, encouraging attitude are so helpful in spurring me onward! You were beautiful before but now are gorgeous, slim beautiful... I'm guessing that living is more physically comfortable too! Thank you for sharing your journey with us.
maykatcooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:27 AM   #50  
Started IP 11/28/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desafinado View Post
I am so jealous of your gorgeous cheekbones. Can't wait until more of the fat falls off my face and some angles show up.

And yes I hear you lady! I am struggling a bit but I just try to stay focused on the goal. I think about how close I am to a 50 pound loss and how FREAKING AMAZING THAT WILL BE and I push on.
hehehe..my cheekbones! Thank you. I didn't even notice. It's funny how others will see things you don't. Oh yes you're almost there and that's amazing. Keep focused on your goal, think of how you will feel when you meet that goal, but also remember how it feels to NOT meet your goals. It will keep your feet rooted and your mind strong!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maykatcooper View Post
We all need encouragement and your weight loss success and positive, encouraging attitude are so helpful in spurring me onward! You were beautiful before but now are gorgeous, slim beautiful... I'm guessing that living is more physically comfortable too! Thank you for sharing your journey with us.
Thank you and your sweet sweet compliments. Oh yes the physical aspect is truly amazing. It's like a dream I never realized could happen -a side benefit that was unexpected. I guess I didn't realize how bad it was before until I started dropping the weight.

I can go up and down stairs without being winded, my body doesn't hurt when I get up from a chair to walk and I feel like I have a spring in my step - like I can do anything. Love the feeling. Love it so much that no amount of food will replace the feeling I have with physically, mentally, and emotionally feeling better. It's like I'm coming out of a fog and truly living.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:29 AM   #51  
Started IP 11/28/12

Only 4 more days left to join the 4 week challenge to lose 4% of your body weight. The pot is up to $300 and we have 12 players!!! Such competitors and motivation!! http://bit.ly/15XyWr1
Old 05-28-2013, 01:12 PM   #52  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberjules View Post
It's like I'm coming out of a fog and truly living.
That is exactly what I said to my husband over the weekend! I also described it as finally breaking through a wall and finding new rooms in an old house. I feel like I am coming alive and am reclaiming myself. How wonderful!

Our family went away for the weekend to celebrate my husband's birthday. We ate out all three nights as well as lunch on the way home. I made an on-program choice each time and actually enjoyed my food more, because I knew it was not taking anything I had earned away from me. One evening, we stopped at an ice cream stand and my husband and son indulged. I didn't have anything and felt just fine about it. Watching them enjoy their treats was enough for me. Feeling healthy and energetic was satisfying and "treat" enough for me.

On the way home from our weekend, we were all recapping the things we had done. My son said, "Mommy, you were SO much more fun this time!" I am hooked for life now. No cheat would ever be worth trading that away.

Thanks for such a wonderful post -- and congrats on your progress. Your pics are amazing. The side shots, especially, are kind of astounding. Well done!
SylviesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:18 PM   #53  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by michy1979 View Post
wow! congrats! you look amazing! i`ve felt discouraged doing this. only into my second week and am kind of disappointed, thought i would have lost more than 2 pounds in my first week, considering that i feel like im basically have been starving myself. i dont feel like ive really gotten any support from the place i get my products from either. they are usually rude to me when i ask them questions about the products. nice to see that there will be support here.
While it is natural to feel hungry at times, especially as early on as you are, inadvertently eating sugar or aspartame can cause hunger like that as well. Make sure that you are not consuming sugar or aspartame in ways that you don't realize such as condiments. Many rubs, seasoning mixes, soy sauces, Worchestershires, etc. have sugar added. Also watch sweeteners in things like drinks or gum, etc. If you are sure you are not inadvertently consuming these things, then buckle up and get yourself through it the best way you can. (Hot tea w/Splenda helps me.) Usually, waiting out the hungries can bring a great loss. The hunger will die down. Hang in!
SylviesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:21 PM   #54  

Congratulations! You are doing a phenomenal job. Please feel so very, very proud of yourself. The REAL you is beginning to so clearly emerge in your photos - a big warm kudos!

What was it that made you start to change one day - an event, a moment, etc.? I wonder if there's ever been a thread about that.

Though I am loving IP and the results in my clothes, the scale has been moving ever so snail-like recently, which has been a bit discouraging and makes me want to starve myself instead of even eat the IP food (my bad habit of the past - not eating enough).

Last edited by peaches17; 05-28-2013 at 01:22 PM.
peaches17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:48 PM   #55  
Started IP 11/28/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
That is exactly what I said to my husband over the weekend! I also described it as finally breaking through a wall and finding new rooms in an old house. I feel like I am coming alive and am reclaiming myself. How wonderful!

Our family went away for the weekend to celebrate my husband's birthday. We ate out all three nights as well as lunch on the way home. I made an on-program choice each time and actually enjoyed my food more, because I knew it was not taking anything I had earned away from me. One evening, we stopped at an ice cream stand and my husband and son indulged. I didn't have anything and felt just fine about it. Watching them enjoy their treats was enough for me. Feeling healthy and energetic was satisfying and "treat" enough for me.

On the way home from our weekend, we were all recapping the things we had done. My son said, "Mommy, you were SO much more fun this time!" I am hooked for life now. No cheat would ever be worth trading that away.

Thanks for such a wonderful post -- and congrats on your progress. Your pics are amazing. The side shots, especially, are kind of astounding. Well done!
Wow the feeling you must have had when your son proclaimed how happy he was with this new change in you! Brings me to tears thinking about it. Your heart must have been leaping for joy! I'm so proud of you for staying OP while traveling. It can be difficult especially faced with others who are eating foods in front of you that you used to enjoy. That feeling of staying OP is truly amazing. It's like conquering a mountain!

Quote:
Originally Posted by peaches17 View Post
Congratulations! You are doing a phenomenal job. Please feel so very, very proud of yourself. The REAL you is beginning to so clearly emerge in your photos - a big warm kudos!

What was it that made you start to change one day - an event, a moment, etc.? I wonder if there's ever been a thread about that.

Though I am loving IP and the results in my clothes, the scale has been moving ever so snail-like recently, which has been a bit discouraging and makes me want to starve myself instead of even eat the IP food (my bad habit of the past - not eating enough).
Thank you! The moment - well..that's a great question. Mine was an accumulation of events.

1.) In October of 2012 I had to fly to Dallas for a business meeting and I couldn't buckle the airline seat belt. I felt ashamed and embarrassed. I tried to hide it from the flight attendants for fear they would expose my issue.

(I did nothing at this point)

2.) Bloodwork came back borderline for diabetes, high cholesterol, and a potential cardiac issue.

(Still did nothing at this point)

3.) My lower back was killing me so much that it was hard to walk and sit. When I went to the Chiro I found out that my lower spine was pulled in towards my belly button at such an exaggerated amount that they I asked if I had been pregnant or in a severe car crash. No, it was because I was so overweight.

This was the last straw for me. Three 3 things over a 2 month period was a wake-up call. Lastly, I decided that this was my last time losing weight!!! Forever. I couldn't handle another failure. I was hurting myself mentally and emotionally. Abandoning myself with each failure of losing weight. I call it failure because that's what my inner chubby chick called it and that was the story in my head. I was embarrassed that I was a grown woman, a professional that could succeed in my career and everything else I set my mind to, but not losing weight.

So, this truly is my last diet. Only maintenance after this. Once I "DECIDED" - nothing held me back.

I think you know that starving yourself isn't the answer and I commend you on recognizing that. What does your Inner Skinny Chick tell you to do?
Old 05-28-2013, 02:08 PM   #56  

Thank you for sharing and big kudos to you for recognizing all those signs. You know how many people ignore circumstances in life? So, please be so super proud of yourself for noticing AND doing something about them.

LOL - my inner skinny chick! For me, it's my TRUE (AUTHENTIC) SELF yearning to come through once and all. It is no longer acceptable for me to hide behind any facade I have created in any area of my life for one moment longer.

And, big sigh, I have no freaking idea what the answer is...I suppose to eat my daily allotment and continue on with the program as is. Though my "mind" is putting up a fuss. I switched to 5 packets these past couple days at the suggestion of my coach to switch things up. Not sure if that'll impact anything. And, I'm toying with idea of doing another cleanse.
peaches17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 02:32 PM   #57  
Started IP 11/28/12

Check this out! I wore these pants - size 22 when I first started IP:

Old 05-30-2013, 08:41 PM   #58  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Amberjules, you look fabulous! I wanted to tell you i made your shepherd's pie recipe tonight and it was yummy! Thank you for sharing it.
dak1lls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:07 PM   #59  
Started IP 5/13/2013

S/C/G: 179.2/159.2/146

Height: 5'8"

Truly amazing. How good does that feel? I have lost 9.6 lbs and 9.5" but can't see it much yet. In week 3. Can't wait until I can see a difference.
WBurns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:27 PM   #60  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberjules View Post
Check this out! I wore these pants - size 22 when I first started IP:

I really needed this encouragement tonight!!! Thank you so much for sharing.
maykatcooper is offline   Reply With Quote