Old 08-05-2013, 09:29 AM   #166  

Height: 5' 7"

Welcome to all the new guys out there. My advise would be to keep up with the Daily threads Lisa post. She has a lot of information at the top every day that you can find the basic information needed to made this work for you. She also explains on how you get your "Ticker"

If you choose to use Alternatives (like I did) check out the Alternative Threads for advise on what will work with IP.

Good luck and welcome to this journey

A1Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 10:49 AM   #167  

S/C/G: 306/ticker/220

Height: 6ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
I sat in a booth this weekend and instead of my gut rolling over the table edge and on top of it there was at least a foot and a half of space between it and the table! HOLY CRAP! Did that make me feel good! Oh and I did not get any food down the front of me!
Yes.. the booth visits are so much nicer now!... I also got on a couple roller coasters a few weeks ago.. 1st one was nice.. 2nd and 3rd not so much... Forgot I am over 40!! My limit is now 1 ride.. maybe 2.. but such a good feeling to fit in the rides... and be able to easily survive the walk around the park...
afbrown2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:11 PM   #168  
PatientDet

Default AFBrown2

AFbrown2,

Looks like we started out at the same weight. Last week I lost only 2 lbs, and it seems I am on track to do the same again. Admittedly I am using alternatives. Did you, or any of you other IP men, have slow weeks? There are not too many posts showing how much you are losing weekly, and my progress is slowing down. I would love 3-4 lb weeks, but I am going through a 2 phase. Perhaps I need to be very strict, with no little nibbles here and there, although I cannot imagine it effects it too much. Any thoughts?
BigMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:43 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 395/241.5/250

Height: 6'4"

For most of my time on IP my loss pattern has been that I would lose only ever second week. The loss was always significant anywhere from 7-12 pounds mind you. Then for whatever reason my body decided change and the last 20 pounds or so lost had been 1-3 pounds per week. So slow weeks are very "normal" - as far as normal goes
Spiritman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 04:36 PM   #170  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMikey View Post
AFbrown2,

Looks like we started out at the same weight. Last week I lost only 2 lbs, and it seems I am on track to do the same again. Admittedly I am using alternatives. Did you, or any of you other IP men, have slow weeks? There are not too many posts showing how much you are losing weekly, and my progress is slowing down. I would love 3-4 lb weeks, but I am going through a 2 phase. Perhaps I need to be very strict, with no little nibbles here and there, although I cannot imagine it effects it too much. Any thoughts?
I averaged 2.41 pounds per week over 24 weeks. There were a couple of one pound weeks and at least one zero week. Stick with it and it'll all work out in the end.
M35A2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:23 AM   #171  

S/C/G: (Reboot) 297/See Ticker/220

Height: 6' 2"

Wow!! Look at you guys rockin' down the poundage! Great to see all these old names still at it.

I have to say I fell of the wagon this summer but, although I took a break from IP, I didn't totally crash and burn! I have gained a few lbs though and I'm ready to reboot. I have a few friends that look like they will be joining me. I'm looking at a restart date of mid-Sept. We are heading to Disney for the first week in Sept. so the kids can go on some rides and I can slip away to Lake Toho for some serious bass fishing!! Be yakin' at you guys soon!!
leadedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:41 AM   #172  

S/C/G: 306/ticker/220

Height: 6ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMikey View Post
AFbrown2,

I had a couple 1 lb and 2lb weeks.. even had a week where I gained 2lbs... but my inches didnt match where they were in the prior weeks so go figure...go back to the weeks where you had larger losses and see what you did that week... I will be honest.. it could partially be alternative products because I have done a mix of IP and alternative for about the last 2 months.. and I noticed my losses slowed... don't know if it was the alternatives or getting closer to my goal... but I offically start maintenance today...excited and worried at the same time.. but I have learned so much about myself in this process.
afbrown2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 05:09 PM   #173  

S/C/G: 190/ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

My losses got much slower as I got closer to my goal last time and they do the same now. It only makes sense because % wise I have less available to lose. Also I tended to allow the nibbles a bit more as time passed.

I lost maybe 1 pound this week, only 3 in 2 weeks. I have 11 to go and hope to be able to stay the course. My belt is 2 notches tighter and my "tight" jeans fit without being uncomfortable around the thigh/groin area.
tightwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 11:40 PM   #174  

S/C/G: 252/228/190

Default Have not posted in a couple weeks ...

Wanted to give my update for the first 4 weeks...
Week 1...11.3
Week 2...6.5
Week 3...3
Week 4...3.1

Down to 228 from 252 in the first 4 weeks...cool thing this past week is when somebody notices the change. I know it may sound shallow but it is a big motivation to stay the course

I weigh in again tomorrow morning and am going to change up my food a bit. Really been killing those premade chocolate and vanilla shakes but am ready for some more variety. Feel great and anxious to see what the numbers are tomorrow.

Thanks for all the input guys...

Last edited by EJEK0928; 08-13-2013 at 11:50 PM.
EJEK0928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 09:53 AM   #175  
PatientDet

Default 4 lbs, satisfied

Thanks to all the responses to my questions. I am at a 10 year weight low, and headed lower. This plan is great!
BigMikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:34 AM   #176  

Have any of you guys tried strength training while closing in on your goal? I am still a ways off from what I originally set but am still in the dark about where I want to be physically. I am meeting with a personal trainer next week and he mentioned he had some clients that were on IP and had them on a strength trianing program to help build back muscle mass and speed up metabolism.

I know that I will have to most likely eat more protein, will be discussing this with the coach next week as well, when I start. For me I have always felt like underneath it all I was muscular. I was able to lift and move things others could not. But heck after losing all this weight I can see that things are different. Moving mattresses and misc furniture around the house now requires the help of my wife!

I know to change things that I will need to be physically active. I am thinking a personal trainer will help motivate me to actually go to the gym and do so. The personal coaches on IP have helped motivate me to stick with this diet so I figure maybe that is what I need.
Dolemite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:54 AM   #177  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
Have any of you guys tried strength training while closing in on your goal? I am still a ways off from what I originally set but am still in the dark about where I want to be physically. I am meeting with a personal trainer next week and he mentioned he had some clients that were on IP and had them on a strength trianing program to help build back muscle mass and speed up metabolism.

I know that I will have to most likely eat more protein, will be discussing this with the coach next week as well, when I start. For me I have always felt like underneath it all I was muscular. I was able to lift and move things others could not. But heck after losing all this weight I can see that things are different. Moving mattresses and misc furniture around the house now requires the help of my wife!

I know to change things that I will need to be physically active. I am thinking a personal trainer will help motivate me to actually go to the gym and do so. The personal coaches on IP have helped motivate me to stick with this diet so I figure maybe that is what I need.
I'm sure it's different for men than women to a certain degree...
In April I began circuit training 3 days a week. It takes me 45 min to do the program and I joined a lades gym for weight and resistance strength training. My husband was a bit envious and LOL... Wanted to join the ladies gym... !! Not gonna happen! So..anyway I signed him up at snap fitness.. He worked with a trainer initially and has his owns circuit now and he's happy. It's an easy in easy out place and very affordable. Convenient and he has access all over the country when traveling for work. They gave him the initial training sessions.. He can pay for more if he wants to do something different. He is not interested in pumping iron.. Just strength, flexibility and toning so this is just right. For him and me.

Last edited by 65X65; 08-16-2013 at 09:55 AM.
65X65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:26 AM   #178  

S/C/G: 272/224/205

Height: 5'11

Hi Everyone...just found this thread and enjoyed reading the experiences of men on IP. Just reached day 8 and lost 11 on my first week. Really pumped as I enter week two.
tiggermd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:49 PM   #179  

S/C/G: 190/ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

G'day guys....it's been a slow loss week. Last Sat I weighed in at 175.2 then the weekend happened and assorted stuff. I am not good at being 100% compliant although I do pretty good (a few nibbles here and there). Today I weighed in at 174.8...hoping I get another boost so tomorrow makes at least a pound for the week!

I have been thinking about exercising. Back in Jan/Feb, after I stopped IP the first time I started a Couch to 5K program...that lasted 6 miserable weeks and then I got sick...that was enough excuse to quit. I did maintain my pushups/pullups routine (bad back so I can't do situps) until March...I got to 90 pushups and 36 pull ups twice a day. I haven't tried since I went back on IP but I am getting ready to, 9.8 pounds to go!
tightwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:13 PM   #180  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

While I don't recommend it for P1 I started CrossFit 5 weeks ago just as I was finishing up P3. For those that are looking to try an "all around" fitness routine this really works and you aren't simply going to the gym using the same 4 or 5 machines over and over and getting bored with it. I've been going 4 days a week for over a month and we haven't done the same workout twice yet. There are CrossFit Boxes (what they call their gyms) in every major city in the country and in lots of smaller ones (we have 2 in Spring Branch, TX which isn't really a town just a zip code) so you can still work out while traveling. I'm going to Ireland in 2 weeks and plan on stopping by a couple while I'm there.
M35A2 is offline   Reply With Quote