Men on IP Vol 6

You're on Page 7 of 34
Go to
  • Quote: Hello Men- I'm just starting IP and wanted to reach out to others who are trying to lose using this system. I just turned 39, I'm 6' and weight 350lbs. 2 years ago I had both knees scoped and was advised I have no cartledge left. wait, it gets better, both knees need to be replaced but i weight too much and I'm too young (per my Ortho) b/c he will need to replace them ~ every 10 years.
    So, I'm done being fat. I want to play with my kids (4 and 3) and want to enjoy life again.
    I'm a little scared of wanting to eat everything I see about 3 days into this thing so I hope i can get some support from the men here on this board.

day 1- 6/15/13 350lbs.
    ending goal- 225. (125 days, right )

Joe
    Welcome!.. you can do it Joe.. I was almost where you are.. 2011-2012 was my highest at 343lbs. Started IP this year January at 329.8 ( might as well say 330!) last WI had me 78 lbs lighter.. went from a size 46 pants to a trim size 38.. the plan works!
  • Quote: First business trip on IP.
    got called away for work to DC and my coach is closed Fridays.
    I have 4 BBQ Chips, and 4 wildberry yogurts, but no room for a shaker.
    I'm going to skip this weeks WI, buy EAS cab advantage when I get there for snacks and otherwise, if I get stuck with coworkers or customers at meals, live like I'm on P2.

probably reasonable, right? I am about 8lbs from goal and less than 2.5 weeks to P2.
    My son plays travel ball so I know the on-the-road bit. Subway and Chipotle have great salads. if you havent had any restricted, I do the chipotle salsa.. for Subway I do mustard oil/vinegar... Is it 100%OP? no, but it ain't like going to Golden Corral or BK, or McD's because you don't have enough IP... your weigh-in may be a bit less but you still would be following the basic principles.
  • Hey Gents, it's been a while! I started the program a little over 4 weeks and I just wanted to quickly share my short journey so far. It may or may not help some newbies like myself.

Week 1, lost 13 lbs. At first I felt like I wasn't in ketosis, felt bummed, was very vocal of it but I stayed OP no matter and it paid off. 10.8 lbs of fat and the balance of water and lean muscle.

Week 2, lost only 3.3 lbs. Again, I had something to complain about but stuck through it. I drink over 1 gallon of water a day. Half before lunch, half after lunch and plenty with breakfast and dinner/vitamins.

Week 3, lost 5.5 lbs. Was pretty happy in week 3. I travel a bit for work but I've been able to find something to eat with little effort.

Week 4, lost 3 lbs, but 4 lbs of fat and gained a muscle of lean muscle.

All in all I've lost 24 lbs of which almost 21 lbs has been fat according to the InBody scale at my center. I've lost a total of 11.5 inches as well and feel pretty good. I could sleep better but that could be anything. I do have a cup of coffee each day. I don't bother with anything restricted, at ALL. Shakes, salads, protein, veggies, and lots of water. Not many around the office have commented on my weight loss, not sure why that is...I think I can see it a bit in my face neck and torso.

The only thing that frustrates me right now the varying information I find online and then what my coach has to offer. They want me to throw in some exercise but from what I've read, IP is not meant to used along side working out. I'm talking about some fast paced walking, yoga, etc and not high intensity cardio or weights. Either way, I don't think there is an answer that really makes sense to me. I've been told to add a 5th packet should I work out. That's a cookie cutter answer that bothers me. a 5'1 female who does 45 minutes of yoga and a 5'9 225 lb male doing 45 minutes of yoga is not the same...

You've supported me along the way and I thank you for that! I have about 50 more lbs to go. Fingers crossed that it flies by.
  • Quote: Good morning men. I trust you all stayed on plan during this Memorial day weekend and the weight losses are becoming so routine that no one has anything new to say.

I had a few extra packets due to 'hard labor', scale was kind to me this morning!

My daughter changed her facebook profile to me in my youth as a way of thanking me for my service, this was me with the Marine Detachment USS Oklahoma City CLG-5. She said it looked like I was approaching this weight.
    Cooooool another Devil Dog!
  • Welcome new comers! Well a few more days of Phase 1, then a week of Phase 2 and 3 before I break for the first time to go on vacation for the 4th! Looking forward to seeing what the next two phases are like, can't wait for vacation, but then again also can't wait to get back on phase 1 when its over!
  • Quote: Not many around the office have commented on my weight loss, not sure why that is...I think I can see it a bit in my face neck and torso.
    Everyone is different but I have found that 30-35lbs is the magic number.. once I hit that, everyone started asking me what I was doing.
  • Two Weeks
    Week 1: 11 lbs
    Week 2: 3 lbs

My body feels so much beftter even with this weight loss. 60 plus pounds to go.
  • What's up guys. Day three of my re start here, got a little hungry and remembered my signature line! "Feeling short term hunger pangs on a daily basis is NORMAL." I had the long forgotten headache all day Monday and Tuesday, I remember waking up this morning and thinking cool it's gone. I hope you all have an awesome day and stay IP. It works if you work it.

Oh forgot to mention an NSV from last night.

"Baked Cookies" last night, twice! It was AWESOME.

It was a chore before IP and loosing so much weight.
  • This is going to sound weird. Sometimes I take my lunch, other times I get a salad in the company cafeteria. It all depends how busy my wife and I are, and of course the Chicago Blackhawks schedule.

On Monday I used the company cafeteria. The salad parts you could tell were left over from Friday, not crisp, not much taste. On Tuesday I couldn’t bring myself to go down to the cafeteria.

So I drove to a restaurant, order a large meat lovers pizza with a 64oz coke and devoured the entire meal and drink in 5 minutes.

That’s not what happen, I actually drove to a supermarket that has a very fresh salad bar and had a fantastic veggie lunch! The point I am making as I drove back to work, “I just drove 7 miles round trip for a salad with no meat and loved it, who is this person?”
  • Quote: This is going to sound weird. Sometimes I take my lunch, other times I get a salad in the company cafeteria. It all depends how busy my wife and I are, and of course the Chicago Blackhawks schedule.

On Monday I used the company cafeteria. The salad parts you could tell were left over from Friday, not crisp, not much taste. On Tuesday I couldn’t bring myself to go down to the cafeteria.

So I drove to a restaurant, order a large meat lovers pizza with a 64oz coke and devoured the entire meal and drink in 5 minutes.

That’s not what happen, I actually drove to a supermarket that has a very fresh salad bar and had a fantastic veggie lunch! The point I am making as I drove back to work, “I just drove 7 miles round trip for a salad with no meat and loved it, who is this person?”
    Excellent Choices! I re started Monday night and we had a Boy Scout court of honor and pot luck. My wife asked why I started again knowing we had this meal. I said because I need to and made the decision, no cookies or lasagna for me! It was tough but it feels good to exercise good judgement and discipline! Checking in here keeps me focused too. My son told me he was proud of me, that's worth a million bucks to me!

What time it the game on tonight? It get Tiring!

July 28th through August 3rd I will be at Boy Scout camp with my son and his troop for a week. I want to break into the 200's by then. Setting short term goals is important for me!
  • Quote: Everyone is different but I have found that 30-35lbs is the magic number.. once I hit that, everyone started asking me what I was doing.
    Mine was about the same - 35 pounds.
  • Quote: Excellent Choices! ... My son told me he was proud of me, that's worth a million bucks to me!

What time it the game on tonight? It get Tiring!

July 28th through August 3rd I will be at Boy Scout camp with my son and his troop for a week. I want to break into the 200's by then. Setting short term goals is important for me!
    The game is on at 7:00pm central time! If Chicago does not win this one, I have a feeling Chicago is toast. Boston is good and size appears to be having the advantage over speed, talent, and good looks.
  • Quote: The game is on at 7:00pm central time! If Chicago does not win this one, I have a feeling Chicago is toast. Boston is good and size appears to be having the advantage over speed, talent, and good looks.
    I am not a huge hockey fan but I am a B's fan. The double and triple OT's have been draining! Good luck, have some IP friendly snacks at the ready!
  • Quote: I am not a huge hockey fan but I am a B's fan. The double and triple OT's have been draining! Good luck, have some IP friendly snacks at the ready!
    Normally I would be talking smack at this point about your Boston goons, which males love to do. However, I hate to say a team that is being out coached, out played, and can't even get a shot off on a power play call for that Bible verse for me to study...1 Thessalonians 4:11 And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands...

I always save my IP raspberry bar and consume it between the 2nd and 3rd period! Also drink a ton of seltzer water during the game.
  • Quote: Normally I would be talking smack at this point about your Boston goons, which males love to do. However, I hate to say a team that is being out coached, out played, and can't even get a shot off on a power play call for that Bible verse for me to study...1 Thessalonians 4:11 And that ye study to be quiet, and to do your own business, and to work with your own hands...

I always save my IP raspberry bar and consume it between the 2nd and 3rd period! Also drink a ton of seltzer water during the game.
    Good advice on the snacks. I'm a huge Patriots fan. I'm happy about the B's but nit really a "fanatic" imdontngetnestatic or depressed with ups and downs.