Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 10:21 AM   #16  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepMovingForward View Post
I've spent the morning reading old forums about Ketosis. Most say that you should stay in between 25-30 carbs a day. I compared this to My Fitness Pal Journaling and I'm ranging 35-50 carbs a day however I'm OP.

For example, yesterday I had the Cappuccino Drink for breakfast (4 carbs). Lunch I had 2 cups mushrooms and the Herb & Cheese Omelet (12 carbs). Dinner I had 2 cups asparagus and a chicken breast (10 carbs). Then for snack I had the Cheddar Ridges (12 carbs). That is a total of 38 carbs. If I choose to have brussel sprouts or a veggie that is only allowed twice a week, my carb count can go up to 50+.

Can someone please tell me what/if I'm doing something wrong?
You aren't doing anything wrong. Your total carbs can go up to 50 per day. I think the 25-30 carbs is for the 3 IP packets only, it does not include the veggies.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:25 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 221.2/205.2/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorf59 View Post
Today is my second day OP- I don't think I can do it. I am really hating the IP foods!! I am not that hungry and am ok eating a lot of veggies (I am vegetarian, so i like that!), but I have not liked one single IP food I have tried so far. Am I doing something wrong?!?!
Be patient! Like you said....it's only your second day. I admit, my first and second week was rough. I didn't like the food and wondered how I was going to do this diet for an extended period. After the second week I figured out what I like and don't like and I was also introduced to restricted items which definitely make things better and give you something to look forward to. You can do this!

Just take it day by day, meal by meal. Keep moving forward!

Follow my journey on Ideal Protein at: http://www.ugottajustkeepmovingforward.blogspot.com/
Add me on MyFitnessPal: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/anbrim
W1: -6.0 W2: -2.8 W3: -1.2 W4: -3.4

Last edited by KeepMovingForward; 05-21-2013 at 10:26 AM.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:27 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 221.2/205.2/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
You aren't doing anything wrong. Your total carbs can go up to 50 per day. I think the 25-30 carbs is for the 3 IP packets only, it does not include the veggies.
Ragdoll, thanks! It can get confusing. Would you suggest not having any restricted packets on days I have a veggie on the twice a week list to keep it under 50/day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Are you subtracting fiber to get net carbs?

ETA: However, the beauty of IP is that as long as you're following the sheet there's no need to count, but I understand that you might just be curious.
IdealProteinNewbie, you're supposed to subtract fiber from carbs? I had no idea!

Follow my journey on Ideal Protein at: http://www.ugottajustkeepmovingforward.blogspot.com/
Add me on MyFitnessPal: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/anbrim
W1: -6.0 W2: -2.8 W3: -1.2 W4: -3.4

Last edited by KeepMovingForward; 05-21-2013 at 10:30 AM.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:31 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 303/144.8/145

Height: 5'4"

Just had to share! My scale this morning told me that I now officially weigh LESS than I did when I graduated from high school 20+ years ago

How many people can say that? That has totally made my day
Old 05-21-2013, 10:41 AM   #20  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breakofday71 View Post
Just had to share! My scale this morning told me that I now officially weigh LESS than I did when I graduated from high school 20+ years ago

Wow! Super-Congratulations to you!! That must be a wonderful feeling.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:57 AM   #21  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepMovingForward View Post
Ragdoll, thanks! It can get confusing. Would you suggest not having any restricted packets on days I have a veggie on the twice a week list to keep it under 50/day?
You can have your restricted on the same day as a occasional veggie.

Net carbs are found after subtracting fiber from the total carbs. Some people also deduct sugar alcohols from the total, but I just deduct fiber. You can add a column for fiber on myfitnesspal when you log in through a computer. You can't do that with the app.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:19 AM   #22  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Nice to see so many newbies! Hang in there . . . it will be well worth it. As to not liking the food . . . you will when you get hungry enough! Actually, your tastes will change as your body adjusts, and you might be surprised at some things you will like after that. Stick with it no matter what. You will be glad you did.

As for me, I have been feeling markedly hungrier for the past week or so and slightly headachey much of the time. I am getting all my salt, water, etc. This is just part of the ebb and flow, correct? Just need a word of reassurance and then I'll be good to go again . . . otherwise, I keep intaking more salt and more water, etc. Thanks.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:35 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
As for me, I have been feeling markedly hungrier for the past week or so and slightly headachey much of the time. I am getting all my salt, water, etc. This is just part of the ebb and flow, correct? Just need a word of reassurance and then I'll be good to go again . . . otherwise, I keep intaking more salt and more water, etc. Thanks.
Definitely...hunger comes in waves. Are you making sure you get your oil in raw on top of salad or veggies vs. only cooking with it? The fat in the oil is satiating.

If so, you know just to stick with it. I'm confident that next week will be better
Old 05-21-2013, 11:43 AM   #24  

Quote:

You go girl! That is fabulous!

I disagree with the person saying not to weight yourself between WI's. I personally like to weight myself daily to get a handle on my patterns and habits as I am very analytical. I completely understand that my weight will fluctuate, which doesn't freak me out. If you are someone who would freak out though, then it is good to stay off the scale.

CT / NYC people (& Ruti)...I switched coaches and it is like Night & Day! Ruti, your recommendation is absolutely excellent. Luckily, I am very self sufficient and made my way blind through IP with the "bad" coach. But, with this new coach, I am learning so much it is absolutely incredible. A real eye opener and kinda scary that this other person is supposedly selling IP when it's not really even that close to the program.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:48 AM   #25  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Quote:
Sheer awesomeness! congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorf59 View Post
Today is my second day OP- I don't think I can do it. I am really hating the IP foods!! I am not that hungry and am ok eating a lot of veggies (I am vegetarian, so i like that!), but I have not liked one single IP food I have tried so far. Am I doing something wrong?!?!
I am not sure what you've had thus far. I have found, in my 5 days thus far, that the eggs make me sick, but that the soups, puddings, jelly and drinks are mostly good. For example: I just had the pina colada drink with some ice in it and am in LOVE! Raspberry jelly last night was amazing. Ready to drink chocolate great too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRP2689 View Post
I started yesterday and the only issue that I really had was that I went from zero to starving between the snack and dinner. Today was starting out alright but I pulled something in my back this morning and have a sharp pain that I hope goes away soon.
I read one poster talking about taking a bar and cutting it up into squares to s/he could eat it throughout the day. That was invaluable to me. Remember bars are restricted though, so watch their carb values. Also remember, at least per my coach, you can have 3-4 unrestricted and 1 restricted, especially in your 1st week. Good luck!

Regarding the carbs v. net carbs. Oddly, this was not told to me that we could deduct veggie carbs. Furthermore, I was given a list of "good," "neutral," and "less-ideal" IP-okay veggies. Some of the veggies, such as cabbage, asparagus, kale, turnips, etc. have more carbs than chard, greens, etc. Anyhow, I have been advised that, for optimal results, to keep my carbs between 20-35 grams. This means watching my carbs from IP foods.

Last edited by sarita75; 05-21-2013 at 02:58 PM.
Old 05-21-2013, 11:53 AM   #26  
Started IP 11/28/12

Wow - now check this out. Usually after a birthday celebration I would eat foods that weren't healthy, stuff myself because I "deserved" it - after all it's my birthday - and feel miserable afterwards.

This year I stayed on program, hiked, cycled, and walked to celebrate my birthday. Now today - my first day back to work from vacation and birthday celebration - I put on my black slacks and what do you know - they are loose - not tight from overeating.

Now that's a birthday celebration NSV!! Just one of my changes I've made through the year. This feeling is incredible. I'd rather have this feeling and emotion than the past ones of being upset that I "oops I did it again" (in the famous words of Brittany Spears - can't believe I'm quoting Brittany Spears) and overate.

Oh and I'm doing a 4 week challenge to lose 4% of my current body weight. Join all of us in keeping motivated for the summer months. Starts 06/01/13 but enter now to get started!

Last edited by amberjules; 05-21-2013 at 12:11 PM.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:09 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 230.8/199.5/150

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
Day 6 here we go! Woot! Kind of excited. I got up this morning and jumped on the scale after my shower. I guess I was sort of skeptical of the scale at my WI yesterday. My scale confirmed, within 0.2#, that I lost 6.4 pounds in the first 4 days of my journey, of which 4.4 are attributable to fat! Super-excited. I am still a little unsure where it came off, but it's a great start (and honestly, 4.4# of fat over a 5'5" frame is going to be spread thin)!
That's great! My first weigh-in is on Thursday and I am anxious to see. I jumped on the scale this morning (I knowww I'm not supposed to, but I couldn't resist) and I was down 4.9 lbs in my first 4 days! I have never been this successful before.

Question: How do you know how much of your loss is attributable to fat? I'd love to keep track of that along the way.

Last edited by amt6; 05-21-2013 at 12:10 PM.
Old 05-21-2013, 12:16 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 305/280/155

Height: 5'11"

I've been OP for 3 weeks. I'm currently down 25 lbs. The first few days I felt exhausted. I'm not one to nap, but I did. I could tell my body is readjusting by the number of headaches and fatigue episodes I've had.

Not going to lie. It's HARD.

As a matter of fact... I had a dream the other night that I ate bread and I knowingly cheated. I woke up and had to think back if I really did do that. It felt so real! Haha
Old 05-21-2013, 12:25 PM   #29  
Started IP 5/20/13

S/C/G: 193/175.2/140

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberjules View Post
Wow - now check this out. Usually after a birthday celebration I would eat foods that weren't healthy, stuff myself because I "deserved" it - after all it's my birthday - and feel miserable afterwards.

This year I stayed on program, hiked, cycled, and walked to celebrate my birthday. Now today - my first day back to work from vacation and birthday celebration - I put on my black slacks and what do you know - they are loose - not tight from overeating.

Now that's a birthday celebration NSV!! Just one of my changes I've made through the year. This feeling is incredible. I'd rather have this feeling and emotion than the past ones of being upset that I "oops I did it again" (in the famous words of Brittany Spears - can't believe I'm quoting Brittany Spears) and overate.

Oh and I'm doing a 4 week challenge to lose 4% of my current body weight. Join all of us in keeping motivated for the summer months. Starts 06/01/13 but enter now to get started!
Congrats and happy birthday!
Old 05-21-2013, 12:49 PM   #30  
Started IP 01/01/13

S/C/G: H-247/S-187.2/ C-137.2/G-125

Bellamack I just had time to catch up on the past few days of daily threads. Welcome back! I've survived this long cold winter on IP eating your Spicy Cauliflower Soup (my name for it... I don't remember what you called it) for many of my lunches. I've wondered where you were. Glad you're back and good luck making it to your goal.
Closed Thread