Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 04:09 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 196.5/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

It is so fun as a newbie to read about everyone's journey! I know each of us have successes and struggles and how great it is to read these boards to learn and share. Keep up the good work, keep your eyes on the prize and have a great rest of the weekend
Old 05-19-2013, 04:26 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 230.8/199.5/150

Height: 5'2

I have a silly newbie question! I have been reading through tons of recipes (specifically ones posted by Rainbow) and many of them use 2 IP packets in one recipe... If you use 2 packets in one recipe, what do you eat for the rest of the day?? Might be a silly question, but I'm confused
Old 05-19-2013, 04:33 PM   #63  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amt6 View Post
I have a silly newbie question! I have been reading through tons of recipes (specifically ones posted by Rainbow) and many of them use 2 IP packets in one recipe... If you use 2 packets in one recipe, what do you eat for the rest of the day?? Might be a silly question, but I'm confused
If a recipe calls for 2 packets, you would split the final product into 2 servings, and have one serving at a time to count as one "packet". You shouldn't have the whole recipe in one sitting if it is doubling the packets.
Old 05-19-2013, 04:39 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 160/153/140

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Spent around 4 hours planting new shrubs in front of the house today. Every bone in my body hurts!!! Guess this will count for my exercise for today!!! Trying to get ready for the wedding.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:36 PM   #65  

So I've fallen off plan. I feel horrible about it! I went on a week holiday and did not too badly. Had a couple small cheats like a diet coke here and there but over all did well. The scale went up a couple pounds then down a couple pounds. Now that I am home I have gone totally off plan for the last two days. I feel frustrated and stupid. What do I do now?? Start over from day one? Take a break and start again in a couple weeks?? I really don't know what to do and feel like such a failure
Old 05-19-2013, 06:03 PM   #66  
Started IP on 4/26/13

S/C/G: 224/205.8/160

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandis Apples View Post
So I've fallen off plan. I feel horrible about it! I went on a week holiday and did not too badly. Had a couple small cheats like a diet coke here and there but over all did well. The scale went up a couple pounds then down a couple pounds. Now that I am home I have gone totally off plan for the last two days. I feel frustrated and stupid. What do I do now?? Start over from day one? Take a break and start again in a couple weeks?? I really don't know what to do and feel like such a failure
Don't beat yourself up about it! You shouldn't hate yourself for going off plan, but love yourself for being able to keep at it. Positive reinforcement is the only reinforcement that sees results.

We all fall off the wagon. Believe me. I feel like I'm posting every other day that I've had a cheat. The key is to give yourself a pat on the back when you're able to make it through a completely OP day and visualize your goal when you're tempted to eat something you shouldn't.

Don't take a break, it'll be harder to recommit and you're not doing yourself any favors. Start now. Spend the rest of the day looking up IP recipes that will satisfy your cravings, look up an activity you want to participate in when you drop the weight and think about it whenever you want to grab that bag of chips, and clear out your fridge and cupboards. If you have a family that still eats all that carb-y evil, then give yourself a separate safe space of IP friendly foods, and stick to that space.

You can do this! But if you put it off, it only becomes easier to keep saying 'Next week I will recommit'. Commit to your health now.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:07 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Quote:
Yeah, don't beat yourself up!!! Get up, brush yourself off and jump back on the wagon!!!

We've all been there done that...well most of us! YOU CAN DO IT!!!
Old 05-19-2013, 06:17 PM   #68  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

Had the best lunch today!! I made the bread from the potato purée packet and cut it in half, grilled a 1/4 lb turkey burger, and had a delicious burger with all the fixings including a bun! I'll have the same for dinner and I'm totally looking forward to it! Was delicious!

To everyone struggling this weekend, good luck. It's a hard diet, but worth it if you can stick it out. Don't give up and don't wait until tomorrow to restart. Just get back to it as soon as you can.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:20 PM   #69  
Started IP on 4/26/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMBIEDAWN View Post

You can do this Maggie! Get a taster, you don't need it! I'll ship you the rest of the mac n cheese, just stay strong! LOL! You're stronger than some cake!
Haha, thanks Dawn!

I have a volunteer for all the heavy tasting and I'm just double checking the flavors, so it won't be too bad- and I'm bringing my cheesecake packet for when everyone else is eating my delicious baking this weekend.

Just got back from a dance class, had my extra packet, and I'm feeling good today!
Old 05-19-2013, 06:38 PM   #70  
Started IP on 4/26/13

Also, NSV- I saw my landlord last night for the first time in a month and she said I looked like I'd been losing weight.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:23 PM   #71  

I just feel so bad for letting myself down. I guess what is done is done. I will start first thing in the morning. Back on track.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:32 PM   #72  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Quote:
First thing - BREATHE

Consider this your clean slate, RIGHT NOW. Putting off starting over will just give you a window to slip again. Imagine that your health is a bus. Recognize that the last few days you were letting the FOOD take over the driver's seat, and look where it took you. Now imagine that YOU take back the driver's seat, and take control of that bus again! You know where you need to drive it, the map is all set out for you. All you have to do is stay in control (easier said than done sometimes, I know!).

Have you tried posting your daily meals in the "What are you Eating" thread? It might help you stay accountable to the plan if you really commit to posting in that thread every day, knowing that others will see what you are doing meal by meal. When I was on Phase 1, I actually used that thread to stay accountable to planning my day's food ahead of time - so that I never got caught unawares. It helped!
Old 05-19-2013, 07:55 PM   #73  
ThisGrannysOnFire

S/C/G: 287/237.6/150

Height: 5'5"

Default New to community

I began my IP journey on January 1, 2013 and have loved it so far. I have heard great things about this community, and hope to become a part of it.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:09 PM   #74  

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyof4 View Post
I began my IP journey on January 1, 2013 and have loved it so far. I have heard great things about this community, and hope to become a part of it.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:55 PM   #75  

Height: 5'7"

It's not often I'm heard saying, "can't wait for Monday" but... Maybe it would be better said, I look forward to getting back to the routine. My food/water has been beyond off this weekend. I'm just not hungry (again, go figure!). OK...ready to get back to it.
Closed Thread