Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 11:17 AM   #46  
Getting there!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/158

Height: 5'6

Hello Sunday! Weekends have always been hard for me. Yesterday was no exception, just darn hungry.

I do a lot more running around with errands, shopping and it burns many more calories than sitting at my office during the week.

Had to have egg whites, endure my family eating popcorn.....

I have trained my family well....whenever I say "is that good" when they are eating sweets or something I yearn for like popcorn, they say "no, not really!"

Have a great OP day everyone.
Old 05-19-2013, 11:55 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 231/160 /162

Height: 5'8"

Week: 5 and chugging right along. This is truly the first diet that I have ever been on where I'm completely satisfied, it's so much easier to say no to bad food choices when I'm not hungery! I'm feeling great and have lost 19lbs. ":0)

NSV in the last 5 wks:

• no more daily headaches
• my skin has cleared up
• no more heartburn
• no need for a afternoon nap
• noticeable improvement of cellulite
• 1-2 sizes smaller : )
• my belt is 3 holes tighter

and the BEST NSV is that my blood pressure is almost normal!!!
Old 05-19-2013, 12:16 PM   #48  

Morning everyone; wishing everyone a OP day! Some motivation that keeps me going is Don't give up what you need in the future for what you want now. So no matter what tempts us today, don't give up! It'll be worth it in the end.
Old 05-19-2013, 12:19 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingit50 View Post
I have trained my family well....whenever I say "is that good" when they are eating sweets or something I yearn for like popcorn, they say "no, not really!"

LOL!!! My DH does the same thing when I ask him how something is...THEN I pry and say "really, really it's not that good, then why are you still eating it?"!!! LOL!!!

But it's nice!!! Have a good OP Day!!!
Old 05-19-2013, 12:20 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Atlin

CONGRATS on all you S and NS Victories!!! Way to go!!!!!!!

Last edited by New Englander; 05-19-2013 at 12:20 PM.
Old 05-19-2013, 12:49 PM   #51  
Start Date Oct. 29, 2014!

S/C/G: 215/215/125

Height: 4'11

I just got to update my stats...and it was exciting! Down 10 lbs my first week!

Chuck and I went to a social event we attend monthly...where we stay up late and the food provided is always to die for...and we weren't tempted at all!! We didn't even hit up the bar! I did, however, bring my crystal light drops (they are sweetened with sucrose not aspartame) that are pomatini flavored and added ice and a fun glass and made it feel like I was partaking in a fun beverage

We cooked dinner right before we left and that helped. We each had two small bison burgers (each 4oz) that we spiced up with Cajun foreplay, seasoning salt, salt and pepper, with sautéed mushrooms that we added the same spices too and wrapped it in lettuce along with tomato (our 1st use of them this week) and raw onion and dill pickle with some WF ketchup and spicy mustard. They were SO GOOD. We still can't believe sometimes that this is a diet!! We had also accidentally frozen an EAS carb control shake and luckily it didn't explode...so we each scooped a tiny bit out into a mug and it was like we had a chocolate shake. A burger and a chocolate shake for dinner last night - it was delightful!

He's lost 12 lbs in his first week! We are hooked!

Old 05-19-2013, 01:22 PM   #52  
Started IP 5/18/13

S/C/G: 238/130/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlin View Post
Week: 5 and chugging right along. This is truly the first diet that I have ever been on where I'm completely satisfied, it's so much easier to say no to bad food choices when I'm not hungery! I'm feeling great and have lost 19lbs. ":0)

NSV in the last 5 wks:

• no more daily headaches
• my skin has cleared up
• no more heartburn
• no need for a afternoon nap
• noticeable improvement of cellulite
• 1-2 sizes smaller : )
• my belt is 3 holes tighter

and the BEST NSV is that my blood pressure is almost normal!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcolbert View Post
I just got to update my stats...and it was exciting! Down 10 lbs my first week!

Chuck and I went to a social event we attend monthly...where we stay up late and the food provided is always to die for...and we weren't tempted at all!! We didn't even hit up the bar! I did, however, bring my crystal light drops (they are sweetened with sucrose not aspartame) that are pomatini flavored and added ice and a fun glass and made it feel like I was partaking in a fun beverage

We cooked dinner right before we left and that helped. We each had two small bison burgers (each 4oz) that we spiced up with Cajun foreplay, seasoning salt, salt and pepper, with sautéed mushrooms that we added the same spices too and wrapped it in lettuce along with tomato (our 1st use of them this week) and raw onion and dill pickle with some WF ketchup and spicy mustard. They were SO GOOD. We still can't believe sometimes that this is a diet!! We had also accidentally frozen an EAS carb control shake and luckily it didn't explode...so we each scooped a tiny bit out into a mug and it was like we had a chocolate shake. A burger and a chocolate shake for dinner last night - it was delightful!

He's lost 12 lbs in his first week! We are hooked!

What great news - you guys are doing great!

Day 2 for me and doing OK. A little blah but nothing too bad. I think the change in my eating habits with this program will help everyone in the house. My DH is on kidney dialysis so this will be helpful for him as well. And l also have a pre-teen DD who can always use some more vegetables! Win-win for everyone!

Hope you all have a great day!
Old 05-19-2013, 01:23 PM   #53  

Location: Mountains of East PA but originally from New Orleans

S/C/G: 240/206/175

YAY my husband just went veggie shopping for me so I didn't have to face the grocery store. Day 2 would be too easy to postpone till tomorrow, Monday if I had faced the store right now. Now I'm set for well into ketosis! So thankful for his help. He also lost 30+ pounds 2 years ago on IP and so is very supportive.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:32 PM   #54  
Started IP on 4/26/13

S/C/G: 224/205.8/160

Height: 5'11"

Just got back from my business trip, and I was bad. I didn't measure anything, had two full meals and only one packet a day. My only saving grace was that I stayed away from carbs and had WF dressing on all my salads, AND I had the willpower to turn down Free Pizza Friday, so thankfully I still managed to drop a pound.

Back home and back on the wagon this week. I have a weekend event I'm going to, which I'm making a WEDDING CAKE for. Already spoke to the kitchen and confirmed that I can't eat anything they're making next weekend, but they're willing to let me store my own food there. The only hurdle this week will be the taste testing for the cake and chocolate ganache and raspberry filling.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:46 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 251/188/135

Height: 5' 4"

NSV - I wear scrubs to work (pre-k teacher) and they are getting REALLY loose. Anyway, last week was Teacher Appreciation week at my school, so our principal gave us the option of wearing jeans all week if we wanted. I had to go to the thrift store to pick up a couple of new pairs because my old standbys were now old fall offs! SO happy!!!!
Also, I got so many compliments from coworkers (most of which didn't know I was dieting). I guess wearing my "uniform" of scrubs doesn't show my loss as well as the "new" jeans and tops from my stash in my closet does.
Made me feel AWESOME!
Old 05-19-2013, 02:04 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

WOW feeling out of sorts today. I must definitely be hitting ketosis soon. My head is insanely foggy and the headaches are on the horizon.

I had a Quest bar for breakfast and a 24oz glass of water, not too hungry just yet. I'm roasting veggies to have with my chicken for dinner at work, and need to pack a few snacks.

Here's hoping I start feeling better tonight!
Old 05-19-2013, 02:57 PM   #57  

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Hi ZombieDawn!
Haha, hi there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooManyMaggies View Post
Just got back from my business trip, and I was bad. I didn't measure anything, had two full meals and only one packet a day. My only saving grace was that I stayed away from carbs and had WF dressing on all my salads, AND I had the willpower to turn down Free Pizza Friday, so thankfully I still managed to drop a pound.

Back home and back on the wagon this week. I have a weekend event I'm going to, which I'm making a WEDDING CAKE for. Already spoke to the kitchen and confirmed that I can't eat anything they're making next weekend, but they're willing to let me store my own food there. The only hurdle this week will be the taste testing for the cake and chocolate ganache and raspberry filling.
You can do this Maggie! Get a taster, you don't need it! I'll ship you the rest of the mac n cheese, just stay strong! LOL! You're stronger than some cake!
Old 05-19-2013, 03:47 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 133.9/123.3/113

Height: 5'1.5"

I am 0.8 away from goal. Scared to death of phase 3, which I will be starting next weekend. I will take this week to read the phase 3 thread. My coach said working out is allowed in phase 3. Excited!
Old 05-19-2013, 03:48 PM   #59  
Started IP 5/18/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliboo723 View Post
NSV - I wear scrubs to work (pre-k teacher) and they are getting REALLY loose. Anyway, last week was Teacher Appreciation week at my school, so our principal gave us the option of wearing jeans all week if we wanted. I had to go to the thrift store to pick up a couple of new pairs because my old standbys were now old fall offs! SO happy!!!!
Also, I got so many compliments from coworkers (most of which didn't know I was dieting). I guess wearing my "uniform" of scrubs doesn't show my loss as well as the "new" jeans and tops from my stash in my closet does.
Made me feel AWESOME!
how great is that!!!!! Wonderful job - keep it up!!! :
Old 05-19-2013, 03:50 PM   #60  
Started IP 5/18/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen02719 View Post
I am 0.8 away from goal. Scared to death of phase 3, which I will be starting next weekend. I will take this week to read the phase 3 thread. My coach said working out is allowed in phase 3. Excited!
- very exciting! You will do great!!

Last edited by purplepetunia; 05-19-2013 at 03:52 PM.
Closed Thread