Milk during Phase 1 of Ideal Protein

• So, I'm at the end of my first week (tomorrow morning will officially be a week)...I snuck on the scale a day early and saw that I'm down 10 lbs...but I'll wait and see where it lands tomorrow.

Today - I used the ProtiDiet cereal...honey almond something I think...it's an unrestricted...but I wasn't thinking and followed their instructions to mix it into milk...not much...it was like 125 ml of milk....It wasn't until after I remembered that milk is only with one coffee during Phase 1 and that I remember hearing IP cereals are mixed with water.

Is my accidental milk going to throw anything off? I used skim...and I never put milk in my coffee....

?

Thanks!
  • Quote: So, I'm at the end of my first week (tomorrow morning will officially be a week)...I snuck on the scale a day early and saw that I'm down 10 lbs...but I'll wait and see where it lands tomorrow.

Today - I used the ProtiDiet cereal...honey almond something I think...it's an unrestricted...but I wasn't thinking and followed their instructions to mix it into milk...not much...it was like 125 ml of milk....It wasn't until after I remembered that milk is only with one coffee during Phase 1 and that I remember hearing IP cereals are mixed with water.

Is my accidental milk going to throw anything off? I used skim...and I never put milk in my coffee....

?

Thanks!
    Oops! You should be fine!
    It takes some time to learn the program!
    Hang in there, way to go 10lb loss!

have a great day! OP

D
  • FYI - the IP Crispy Cereal is quite satisfying. I flavor it w/cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice w/Splenda OR WF maple syrup. It makes its own "milk" when mixed with cold water.
  • I use unsweetened almond milk with the cappucino mix to make a smoothie. I add 200ml of almond milk (25 calories, 1.5 carbs, no sugar) 1 cup ice and the mix.
  • Quote: I use unsweetened almond milk with the cappucino mix to make a smoothie. I add 200ml of almond milk (25 calories, 1.5 carbs, no sugar) 1 cup ice and the mix.
    Really no kind of milk is OP other than the 1 oz of Skim... if it's not on the Protocol sheet and isn't 0-0-0, it isn't allowed.

I am posting this more so for the NEWBIE IPers (of which there seem to be many in the last month or so) who are trying to find their way within the protocol of IP.

Of course it's a personal decision, but each item we make exceptions for "could" lead to more exceptions. I know - I've been there and done that and am trying to eliminate my personal "exceptions" for the next month to get this all OVER and DONE with so I can go into P2-P3 SOONER rather than later!

I use the ProtiDiet Honey Nut cereal regularly - LOVE IT!! I typically put some cold water on it and then add my skim allowance OR sprinkle a little vanilla drink powder on it (I keep a packet just for these little sprinkles). Some people add a splash of Vanilla RTD.
  • Since no one mentioned it, I thought I would mention that 125 ml is half a cup or 4 ounces.

Sorry liquid measurements I have down pat, at least in milliliters and small quantities at least.

Don't worry too much as we have all made small mistakes and what is important is what we learn from them.