3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Diet Central > Packaged Meals and Clinics - Nutrisystem, Medifast, Jenny Craig, Etc > Ideal Protein Diet

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2013, 02:19 AM   #16
Member
 
Alaskagirl92128's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Alaska
Posts: 57

S/C/G: 345/255/175

Height: 5'10

Default

You will discover very quickly what you like. For me it is about consistency I could not do the puddings. I like you hated!!!!!! the first three things I tried. We can trade out stuff we don't like which is helpful. I do not have much variety in the ip products that I buy I pretty much exclusively use the pre-mixes, the potatoes (I use it to make bread), rotini, and I like most of the restricted stuff so that is where I get most of my variety. Stick to it, it definitely works I have lost 70+ pounds in 12 weeks.
__________________
Alaskagirl92128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:59 PM   #17
Started IP 5/13/13
 
dak1lls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 843

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickc33 View Post
Hi everyone. I started IP today and I can tell already that it will be tough for me. I have the chocolate shakes for breakfast and the broccoli and cheese soup for lunch. I hated both and fear that I will not make it on the program very long if I have to eat the same thing every day all week.

I plan to call my coach, but before I do I wanted to know if anyone has bought multiple weeks worth of food to mix and match in order to avoid having the same thing everyday. TY!
I am on day 5 and have had the same problem. I found a recipe for a mocha frappuccino and it makes the chocolate drink mix so good! I don't have the link and don't remember if I found it on 3FC but you should be able to google IP Mocha Frappuccino.

I tried the Broccoli Cheese Soup and can't believe I got it all down. Never again!!!! A friend who had done the program mentioned she only did the drinks for her 2 IP's per day, and one of the bars for her snack. That seems to work for me too. I am still choking down the RTD Mango but have noticed it tasted better yesterday, so I think I am developing a taste for it. I just can't afford a 3 week supply at this time.

Also, you can get your veggie in the mocha frappuccino by adding spinach which is good.

Good luck!
dak1lls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:50 AM   #18
Senior Member
 
Debrasb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 238

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Height: 5'1"

Default

I also thought the broccoli soup was horrifying. However, I had some left and needed to use it. i now make it into little mini quiches and I actually really like it.

I make it like you would the muffins--1/4 cup egg whites, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/4 cup water mixed with the soup mix. I also like to add in scallions, salt, some hot sauce, maybe some extra veggies -- whatever you like. I put it into my whoopie pie tins and I get 10-12 little quiches. You can also just pour on a pan and make one big one.

Bake at 350 for 10 min.

If you have a broccoli and cheese packet, give this a try. It tastes nothing like the soup.
__________________
Blogging phase 1 recipes at www.unlimitedlettuce.com. Happy healthy cooking!

Debrasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 10:01 AM   #19
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 13

S/C/G: 182/182/125

Height: 5 ft

Default

Thanks guys. I will most likely stick to the drinks during the week and maybe try the quiche. I love quiche so perhaps that will help me a little bit.

I went back to my coach and got the chicken patty and the omelet mix. Both were pretty good so I'm glad to be adding those to the weekends.

I don't think I will be drinking anymore soups and am so glad that I got some dill pickles.
Nickc33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:15 AM   #20
Started IP 5/13/13
 
dak1lls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 843

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrasb View Post
I also thought the broccoli soup was horrifying. However, I had some left and needed to use it. i now make it into little mini quiches and I actually really like it.

I make it like you would the muffins--1/4 cup egg whites, 1 tsp baking powder, 1/4 cup water mixed with the soup mix. I also like to add in scallions, salt, some hot sauce, maybe some extra veggies -- whatever you like. I put it into my whoopie pie tins and I get 10-12 little quiches. You can also just pour on a pan and make one big one.

Bake at 350 for 10 min.

If you have a broccoli and cheese packet, give this a try. It tastes nothing like the soup.
I am definitely going to try this! I actually made an IP stuffed pepper recipe i found on this site, with grated cauliflower instead of rice. It was delicious and my husband even liked it. I am going to try a stuffed cabbage recipe i found as well. I think a lot of recipes i am trying will help me in the end as a new way to cook and eat!

I have seen others mention using veggie cheese. I am not familiar with this and wonder where i might find it? Do most grocery stores carry this or is it a specialty item found at health stores?
dak1lls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:24 PM   #21
Reboot 9/2014
 
scorbett1103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,856

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
I am definitely going to try this! I actually made an IP stuffed pepper recipe i found on this site, with grated cauliflower instead of rice. It was delicious and my husband even liked it. I am going to try a stuffed cabbage recipe i found as well. I think a lot of recipes i am trying will help me in the end as a new way to cook and eat!

I have seen others mention using veggie cheese. I am not familiar with this and wonder where i might find it? Do most grocery stores carry this or is it a specialty item found at health stores?
Veggie Shreds are a soy cheese product that you can usually find in the same section of your grocery store where they sell other soy products/tofu.
__________________
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 04:08 PM   #22
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Seattle
Posts: 22

Height: 5'9

Default

Glad I am not the only one disgusted by broccoli cheese soup it made me cry.
Karlajoan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:06 PM   #23
Started IP 5/13/13
 
dak1lls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 843

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlajoan View Post
Glad I am not the only one disgusted by broccoli cheese soup it made me cry.
Lol...i can't say it made me cry, but i really pouted! After i finished gagging. Ironically, i hated the RTD mango but now it tastes good to me. After only a week! Go figure.
dak1lls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:12 PM   #24
Started IP 5/13/13
 
dak1lls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 843

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Veggie Shreds are a soy cheese product that you can usually find in the same section of your grocery store where they sell other soy products/tofu.
Thanks so much. I feel silly not knowing some of this stuff, but i am definitely learning a whole new way to eat.

I broiled sirloin steak tonight and my veggies were sauteed mushrooms and mashed rutabaga. Not too keen on the rutabaga. The mushrooms were yummy, but i will have to get used to steak without A1. Lol.
dak1lls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:15 PM   #25
Reboot 9/2014
 
scorbett1103's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 4,856

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
Thanks so much. I feel silly not knowing some of this stuff, but i am definitely learning a whole new way to eat.

I broiled sirloin steak tonight and my veggies were sauteed mushrooms and mashed rutabaga. Not too keen on the rutabaga. The mushrooms were yummy, but i will have to get used to steak without A1. Lol.
Don't feel silly! IP makes you hunt down all kinds of things at the store that you never knew were there!
__________________
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 11:08 PM   #26
Started IP 5/13/13
 
dak1lls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: North Dakota
Posts: 843

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Don't feel silly! IP makes you hunt down all kinds of things at the store that you never knew were there!
I have definitely been hunting for things at the store....like the Walden Farms products. Never heard of them before last week! I have been grocery shopping a lot, because i am always needing some new ingredient and running out of lettuce! Who would have ever imagined that!?

dak1lls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 04:46 PM   #27
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Northwest WA
Posts: 196

S/C/G: 173/163/148

Height: 5'4"

Default

My clinic sells the packets individually. You choose 21 packets per week, your choice, up to 7 of which can be from the "restricted" list. It is a flat rate of $90 per week. I understand the FDA would prefer that the clinics not give the packets individually since the nutrition info is on the BOX, not the packet. But I think if your clinic makes the nutritional info available to you, it is a work-around. I am lucky since I like most of what I have tried so far, its only been 4 days but my introductory bag contained 28 packet ALL DIFFERENT so I have already tried 12 different packets. So far I have been pretty happy with everything.

Last edited by SeattleNP; 05-20-2013 at 04:49 PM.
SeattleNP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:29 PM   #28
IP Start 2/5/13
 
brelo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Evergreen State
Posts: 183

S/C/G: 315/ip292/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 5in

Default

It must be up to the individual coaches to sell individual packets or by the box. I wish they all would do individual packets, I feel like we are paying a huge price and this is the least they could do. My coach gave me all of the nutritional info on photocopied pages.
__________________
[url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/]


Feb 13- Jan 14, 73 pounds lost, regained 20 during 4 months off
Jan 17, 2014 reboot: -7, -5, -1, -1, -3, 0, -2, -1, -1, -1, -1, -1, -2, -2, -2, -2, -5
brelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Absolutely terrified!! Starting uni in a few weeks and need advice... seeingfree UK Fat Chicks 13 10-11-2012 07:21 AM
Fabulous at Fifty+ .... A home for those of us 50 and older on IP! DanafromAustin Ideal Protein Diet 159 08-23-2012 08:46 AM
Thursday's Wake-Up Call cottagebythesea South Beach Diet 31 05-15-2008 11:19 PM
300+ And Ready To Try Again...#861 christineu 300+ Club 30 03-19-2006 09:31 PM


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:31 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2