Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 03:39 PM   #31  
4/13-12/13 80lbs Loss

S/C/G: 256/176/120

Height: 5'0"

Yippee! WI today and was down 3.6lbs. Five week total of 16.4!

KeepMovingForward - I tried the bread out of the Potato Puree and was not a fan either. But I've tried Rainbow's crab cakes with the Potato Puree and it was YUM. Also if you like yellow summer squash or zucchini, try making chips of them. They're great.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:40 PM   #32  
4/13-12/13 80lbs Loss

S/C/G: 256/176/120

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivebynotthru View Post
I'm having trouble finding jicama and rutabaga in the local markets. I've even tried the farm markets. Where is everyone finding their veggies?
Try an international supermarket. I haven't found jicama yet, but I've found kohlrabi, turnips, celery root and rhubarb.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:41 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 160/153/140

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

I have been at goal for a couple of weeks but cannot get myself to move forward. I have a few good days, followed by a bad day, followed by a day of phase 1. Moving on and getting to and staying on maintenance isn't sinking in. Instead I mess up and start over. Not the cycle I had wanted.

I do not want to regain the weight!!!
Old 05-14-2013, 03:46 PM   #34  

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
I'm having trouble finding jicama and rutabaga in the local markets. I've even tried the farm markets. Where is everyone finding their veggies?
I'm in Texas and I'm finding both of these at Walmart and our local supermarkets. Rhubarb is something that I've had trouble getting down here. I finally found it at one place that is about 20 minutes from the house. So I have been stocking up on it...LOL
Old 05-14-2013, 04:59 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 184/149/150

Height: 5'7"

Talking

Quote:
Rutabaga is also mre commonly known as a Turnip and you can find it just about anywhere they come in different sizes fron tennis ball to soft ball size and are usuall purple and white colored. Jicama I Sally find by the fresh ginger and herbs in my regular supermarket. Good luck
Old 05-14-2013, 05:08 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 208/208/145

Height: 5'2.5"

Good day everyone!
The family and I walked our first 5K this summer on Saturday I completed it in 1 hour 5 minutes. I really think it slowed me down because I weighed myself yesterday I was up to 191 from 189. . No official weigh in yet because I had a sick baby yesterday. Will try to get by the clinic this week for a quick hop on the scale.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:09 PM   #37  

Making kids lunches and I ate chips. Could not stop. I'm owning it and managed to stop after about 4 mouthfuls. But .... well just damn.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:14 PM   #38  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecmcnamee View Post
Making kids lunches and I ate chips. Could not stop. I'm owning it and managed to stop after about 4 mouthfuls. But .... well just damn.
Congrats on owning it.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:16 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 275/ticker/195

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalaroo View Post
Yippee! WI today and was down 3.6lbs. Five week total of 16.4!
Congrats on your WI!!
Old 05-14-2013, 05:25 PM   #40  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

In reference to the couple of questions...

There is a difference between rutabaga and turnip in flavor and color. Rutabagas are actually a yellow flesh turnip. They are a bit more mild/sweeter less peppery in flavor than the white and purple turnip. Rutabaga are yellow/purple.

I get my rutabagas at an international market, but I am having problems finding jicama lately. I am thinking it's a seasonal thing, because they were in abundance until a couple of months ago, now I can't find them anywhere.

Also, rhubarb is just coming into season most places, so keep your eye open for fresh at the markets. I have finally gotten some at a "reasonable" price. And the season is fairly short (at least around here) so grab it while you can. It freezes real well. I chop it into 1" pieces and put it in ziploc in the freezer. Or I cook it down and put it in plastic containers to add to my jello or whatever.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:30 PM   #41  
Started ip 4/15/2013

S/C/G: 157/150/120

Height: 5'6"

well i have been MIA a little bit. Actually guilt of cheating has kept me away from posting due to the shame. I caved in on May 5th and had that dessert. I should have listened to the posts where it is not worth it because at the end it tasted horrible. I'm no longer at the will of food instead i have taken over and have become stronger after that cheat. Since then i've been 100% OP. Just wanted to share my struggle.
Old 05-14-2013, 05:32 PM   #42  

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberjules View Post
Thank you! I'm trying Rainbow's bread made out of potato puree this week. Then she made it into a panini! What!!! Then I saw another recipe from her for crackers made out of the potato puree. Trying that one too. I wish there was an alternative to the IP potato puree. I've made the cauliflower pizza crust before and was thinking maybe I could make crackers out of the recipe somehow. I'm still thinking about that one.
I wonder if we can make crackers out of the Protidiet Pizza? Prolly! Gonna try it!
Old 05-14-2013, 05:38 PM   #43  

Height: 5'7

One of your stories reminded me of the other night when I was making quesadillas for my family. I flipped one over and got melted cheese on my finger. It burned. I stuck the cheesy finger in my mouth.

I'm surprised the fam didn't laugh at what must have been a panicked expression when I realized I had cheese in my mouth! I don't know what I was thinking, but I started gingerly picking strings of cheese out of my mouth...... what was it really? Cheese or a ticking time bomb?!
Old 05-14-2013, 05:40 PM   #44  
IP Start Feb 5/16

S/C/G: 338.4/see ticker/135

Height: 5'3

WI today and glad to say -3.4 I figured last weeks 0 was due to oncoming TOM. Glad the long weekend is just around the corner
Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-14-2013, 05:53 PM   #45  
Started IP 11/28/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMBIEDAWN View Post
I wonder if we can make crackers out of the Protidiet Pizza? Prolly! Gonna try it!
Great idea! Please share your experience with me. Would love to know how it turns out. I've never used that alternative either. Dang...I just ordered too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMBIEDAWN View Post
One of your stories reminded me of the other night when I was making quesadillas for my family. I flipped one over and got melted cheese on my finger. It burned. I stuck the cheesy finger in my mouth.

I'm surprised the fam didn't laugh at what must have been a panicked expression when I realized I had cheese in my mouth! I don't know what I was thinking, but I started gingerly picking strings of cheese out of my mouth...... what was it really? Cheese or a ticking time bomb?!
Uh oh! That's so funny!!!!! I have a total visual of this panicked look on your face! Did you try not to "taste" it?
Closed Thread