Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 10:50 AM   #16  

Height: 5'-8"

Thank you Lisa32989, Yesterday you helped me determine that I was working off an old IP sheet. Something I will approach my coach about on Thursday.

Now with A1Texan confirming the Rhubarb Crisp is as great as it sounds, I know what I will be making in the next couple of days.

Has anybody had issues with being extremely bloated? This is something that has just started in the past 2 days. I initially loved how that bloated feeling was gone, but now it’s back. I haven’t changed anything as I am a routine eater and have always loved my water.
Old 05-14-2013, 11:37 AM   #17  
Start Date Oct. 29, 2014!

S/C/G: 215/215/125

Height: 4'11

Continuation of a conversation from yesterday:

Originally Posted by rkcolbert:

Thanks Scorbett, although I may be a bit confused...
If the serving size is 1 caplet..and 1 caplet has 99 mg (from 595 mg Potassium Gluconate)....
Then if I'm taking 3, does that mean I'm getting exactly what IP recommends?
Or are you saying I should just get 99 mg - which would be 1 tablet?
Thanks!

ALSO - you know alot so if you don't mind me asking you 1 or 2 other things!
1. Are onions the only veggie we are allowed under select that we can't cook?
2. Are Phase 1 ppl allowed to use ANY Walden Farms products (not just dressings, but the syrup, jam, choc dip, etc.)?

Thanks!

That might be my misunderstanding - I thought based on your previous post that the serving size was 3 caplets, and 1 serving was 99mg. Double check the bottle - if 1 serving = 3 caplets, then you are fine. If 1 serving = 1 caplet, then you should only be taking one per day.

RE: onions - they don't want you cooking those because onions caramelized at high temperatures, creating long chain sugars which cause a higher glycemic response than raw onions. Any other veggie is fine to roast/cook to your heart's content. For me personally, I was fine with eating cooked onions that were NOT caramelized - in chili, stew, crockpot recipes. The long chain sugars only form at high temperatures (sauteed, roasted, grilled). That's one for you to use your own judgement.

All Walden Farms products (as long as they are labeled 0 calorie/0 carb/0 sugar) are fine to use on P1 I still use the jams in maintenance!

Scorbett - I confirmed that my potassium pill was a 1 pill = 1 serving, so I reduced from 3 to 1. Thanks! I'm assuming my other pills were all okay. I appreciate the feedback!

I'm now on day 4 - still feeling good...can't wait to get through my first week!

Thanks!
Old 05-14-2013, 12:07 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 160/153/140

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Hello everyone

Had my annual physical yesterday and was very happy with the results. Down 25 pounds from last year and my vitamin D which was 16 is up to 54, guess taking Vitamin D supplements worked.

My doctor had been very successful on Ideal Protein last year. Was a little sad to see that she had gained all her weight plus some back this year. Mentioned to her that now that I am at goal, I want to learn how to be careful and keep it off. This has made me more determined to keep the weight off.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:25 PM   #19  
Started IP 04/08/13

S/C/G: HW/387/SWIP/267/see ticker/170

Height: 5"8.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Kaceroo: Your pictures from yesterday's daily are amazing, you look beautiful!
Thank you so much for the kind words, it means a lot!
Old 05-14-2013, 12:27 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 221.2/205.2/150

Height: 5'5"

So I had a busy weekend with my birthday and Mother's Day. It was very hard to fight temptation and ended up cheating one meal each of Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. The remaining meals I stated OP. Yesterday was my 3rd weigh in and was only down -1.2. = (

I'm ready to get my head back in the game and loose this weight! Who's with me?

Follow my journey on Ideal Protein at: http://www.ugottajustkeepmovingforward.blogspot.com/

Add me on MyFitnessPal: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/anbrim

W1: -6.0 W2: -2.8 W3: -1.2
Old 05-14-2013, 12:28 PM   #21  

safetylady
I've started telling this people who ask what my goal is:
My goal is to maintain my weight loss.

The statistics are not good for people maintaining. It really IS a lifelong change. We will NOT be able to go back to the way we ate before if we want to maintain. Some things will have to go, some will have to be carfully regulated.

I'm thinking MFP will become a lifelong tool for me.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:12 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 287.6/ticker!!/140

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
safetylady
I've started telling this people who ask what my goal is:
My goal is to maintain my weight loss.

The statistics are not good for people maintaining. It really IS a lifelong change. We will NOT be able to go back to the way we ate before if we want to maintain. Some things will have to go, some will have to be carfully regulated.

I'm thinking MFP will become a lifelong tool for me.
Couldn't agree more! I'm terrified of maintaince, I've been taking lots of steps now to prepare for the future. This is a life long journey.
Old 05-14-2013, 01:44 PM   #23  
Started IP 11/28/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
WOW - That's great to know. I'll make some more tonight. I can't believe it myself and all my friends are equally shocked that I'm cooking. Those recipes from Amber and Rainbow just look too good not to try.
Thank you! I'm trying Rainbow's bread made out of potato puree this week. Then she made it into a panini! What!!! Then I saw another recipe from her for crackers made out of the potato puree. Trying that one too. I wish there was an alternative to the IP potato puree. I've made the cauliflower pizza crust before and was thinking maybe I could make crackers out of the recipe somehow. I'm still thinking about that one.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:31 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 197/177/160

Height: 5.6

WI today with another loss of 2 lbs ... Doing the Happy Dance with 7 more lbs to go
Old 05-14-2013, 02:33 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 174/130/130

Height: 5'3"

I posted this in another section... but I wanted everyone to know.. I turned down black-bottoms (cupcakes)! I was never a sweets person, but I loved those. I would get one from this diner that we went to on Friday's when we all went out to eat. My friend forgot and got me one. Then realized it when she got back. I am proud of myself for saying no, and am slowly forgetting about it! I think that was one of my toughest moments right there, and I got through it! You can too! Stay motivated everyone!
Old 05-14-2013, 02:35 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 184/149/150

Height: 5'7"

Talking

Good afternoon!
Had a great NSV yesterday- I went shopping with my daughter to find a dress for her College graduation, got a. Size 10! I haven't been that size in years! So surprised how good it looked I had to keep looking in the mirror, can't believe that's me!

These recipes I keep hearing about sound pretty good, I'm going to hav to step it up a bit and start trying them.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-14-2013, 02:41 PM   #27  
Started IP April 27, 2011

S/C/G: 408//199/199

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Hate to be the bearer of disapointing news, but lemon puffs (along with Double Chocolate and White Chocolate Cinnamon bars) are being discontinued.

Once inventory is depleted they are gone, so stock up if they're your favorites!
Where did you hear the Lemon Soy Puffs are being discontinued? only the 2 bars you mentioned have been announced
Old 05-14-2013, 02:47 PM   #28  

S/C/G: Peak 300/Restart 270/Goal 130

Height: 5'4.5'

A couple of corrections

Rutabaga is now on the restricted list - you can only have it twice a week.

The Lemon Puffs are being discontinued, but the white chocolate cinnamon ones are not going to be discontinued.

IP will be discontinuing 7 products and replacing them with 7 new ones over the next 6 months.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:11 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 221.2/205.2/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberjules View Post
Thank you! I'm trying Rainbow's bread made out of potato puree this week. Then she made it into a panini! What!!! Then I saw another recipe from her for crackers made out of the potato puree. Trying that one too. I wish there was an alternative to the IP potato puree. I've made the cauliflower pizza crust before and was thinking maybe I could make crackers out of the recipe somehow. I'm still thinking about that one.
I made the bread last night using the Potato Puree packet. It was alright. The Potato Puree comes out more as a pancake. I used it with my burger but half way through I just pealed the bread off and ate the meat.

I know Rainbow uses the Crepe mix to make English muffins and adds WF jelly. This seems like it would make a better bread to me. I plan on trying it once I reup on my packets.

Tonight...I'm going to take a stab at Kale Chips. They sound disgusting to me but everyone else seems to like them so I said what the heck!

Good luck!

Follow my journey on Ideal Protein at: http://www.ugottajustkeepmovingforward.blogspot.com/
Add me on MyFitnessPal: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/anbrim
W1: -6.0 W2: -2.8 W3: -1.2

Last edited by KeepMovingForward; 05-14-2013 at 03:13 PM.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:31 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 250/179/150

Height: 5'3"

I'm having trouble finding jicama and rutabaga in the local markets. I've even tried the farm markets. Where is everyone finding their veggies?
Closed Thread