Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 09:54 PM   #76  
Getting there!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/158

Height: 5'6

Hi, reporting from the West Coast so many of the EST are all done with their day.

I am sharing the slow loss week with the many others. .8 oz...poo

Back at it with attitude of getting to my 150s this week. Big goal but I want it bad. Will have to hold back on exercise, that slows my loss.
Old 05-13-2013, 09:54 PM   #77  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaceroo View Post
I have a question for those of you that are skilled in making Zucchini Muffins. Am I supposed to squeeze out any water from the Zucchini before mixing? I gave them a try this weekend and I was less than impressed with the texture of the muffins.
It helps a LOT to squeeze them out, otherwise they end up a little too mushy for my taste. I do the same with cauliflower rice when I am going to use it to make pancakes.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:04 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 228.8/170/140

Height: 5'3"

Default Hello

I am new to this boards and IP and wanted to say, "hi".
Prior to starting IP. 10 years ago I lost over 40 lbs on Weight watchers (172 -128 lbs) I maintained for a few months but found that there was little to no support for the Lifetime members at goal. Then they keep revamping the point system and changing the rules. I went through a lot of life changes and could not sustain the weight loss.

I started this weight loss journey at 228, the highest I have ever been.
So far in 5 weeks, I have lost 20 lbs and 13+" (The wellness center that I go to only measures inches every other week) Tomorrow will be my 6th weigh in and I know I am getting closer to 200lbs and my clothes are getting baggier =good sign.

It is so good to see and hear from so many people working the program with much success. It is inspirational.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:06 PM   #79  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansfilter View Post
I made a thread for this, but I'm hoping someone on this thread may have an answer.
Quick question: Although all of my other bloodwork came back excellent (first time ever), my thyroid levels showed as "low normal". The doctor who is supervising my program recommended Iodoral to supplement my iodine/iodide. My main reservation about starting this is that I have read on previous threads that some aspects of IP are hard on your thyroid. I'm hoping to start phasing off in the next month or so, depending on the effects of exercise I just started. Has anyone else taken this supplement? If so, what were the effects? I'm concerned that it might have long-term effects on my thyroid function. Thanks.
That sounds like a nice conservative approach. Thyroid function can be affected by iodine levels so increasing iodine can help. I started reading about different approaches to thyroid symptoms last year when I was dx with nodules (but not hypothyroid) and then moreso when I developed hypo in Dec. Sounds like you have a GREAT doctor, trying supplements prior to reaching for the prescription pad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaceroo View Post
I have a question for those of you that are skilled in making Zucchini Muffins. Am I supposed to squeeze out any water from the Zucchini before mixing? I gave them a try this weekend and I was less than impressed with the texture of the muffins.
I actually saute my zucchini a bit first. I only use 1 egg white I don't need to drain the zucchini but I like the texture better if I use cooked zucchini, rather than raw.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:10 PM   #80  

Default Hello everyone

I am new to the group and wanted to say hello. Have been on ip since November 2012 and have lost 46lbs.. For the last 4 weeks I have been at a stand still and have since cheated.. But starting today I'm starting it again... So here's to that.. I have 20lbs more to lose and will do it by June 22nd...

So today's a good day... Thanks for listening to my ramblings
Old 05-13-2013, 10:15 PM   #81  
Started IP 04/08/13

S/C/G: HW/387/SWIP/267/see ticker/170

Height: 5"8.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
It helps a LOT to squeeze them out, otherwise they end up a little too mushy for my taste. I do the same with cauliflower rice when I am going to use it to make pancakes.
Thanks for the advice, i've yet to make the cauliflower rice (i've been hooked on the mashed version) but I will keep that in mind!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I actually saute my zucchini a bit first. I only use 1 egg white I don't need to drain the zucchini but I like the texture better if I use cooked zucchini, rather than raw.
What a great idea and i'm sure it adds a nice flavor. I'm going to have to give this a try, thanks!
Old 05-13-2013, 11:00 PM   #82  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandis Apples View Post
So I bought walden farms marshmallow topping today. Any ideas what to do with it now that I have it??
Walden Farms has a marshmallow topping? My life is better now....
Old 05-13-2013, 11:11 PM   #83  

I think I read on a post somewhere that you could mix the marshmellow topping with fat free cool whip....can anyone confirm that?
Old 05-13-2013, 11:57 PM   #84  
Started IP 5-13-13

S/C/G: 220/203/170

Height: 5'9

Hi, all. I've survived my first day of IP! The newness and change of it all was a bit of a challenge, so glad to have day one behind me. Last night I'd all but convinced myself to wait and start "later." The fear of failure raged in my brain and had me doubting this program could work, but reading everyone's posts -- both success and failures -- really helped. Thanks to all who post for your time, inspiration and encouragement. Onward to day two...
Old 05-14-2013, 12:47 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 155/136.4/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
It's just a pet peeve, but proper grammar includes punctuation, which belongs between "why" and "but". Also the colloquialism "dunno" is not actually a word. Glass houses and all....
Lol! Love it ....

Last edited by Funky monkey; 05-14-2013 at 12:47 AM.
Old 05-14-2013, 12:54 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 246/221/165

Height: 5.5

Default 5 weeks completed so far on Ideal Protein

Just wanted to share how impressed I am with my results...I am down 25 lbs in 5 weeks as well I have lost over 15 inches too! So I am a big believer already and feeling fantastic...looking forward to more great results soon
Old 05-14-2013, 01:16 AM   #87  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansfilter View Post
I made a thread for this, but I'm hoping someone on this thread may have an answer.
Quick question: Although all of my other bloodwork came back excellent (first time ever), my thyroid levels showed as "low normal". The doctor who is supervising my program recommended Iodoral to supplement my iodine/iodide. My main reservation about starting this is that I have read on previous threads that some aspects of IP are hard on your thyroid. I'm hoping to start phasing off in the next month or so, depending on the effects of exercise I just started. Has anyone else taken this supplement? If so, what were the effects? I'm concerned that it might have long-term effects on my thyroid function. Thanks.
I would first do as the doctor suggested and use the iodine supplement. Then since I don't know what you want the exercise to accomplish, I would make sure you realize that by exercising you will very likely slow your losses down, the exercising while on this diet will not help speed things up. You will also need an extra non restricted packet within 30 minutes of exercising. Then I would just let you know if it were me facing concerns over my thyroid, I would not chose to do anything what so ever that would cause me to be on IP longer than necessary. I would definitely finish getting the weight off but I would want it to be the shortest amount of time possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandis Apples View Post
I think I read on a post somewhere that you could mix the marshmellow topping with fat free cool whip....can anyone confirm that?
I would say that Non Fat Cool Whip with its 15 calories and 3 carbs would be a no on IP. For one its not on the sheet and two its not 0/0/0.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:00 AM   #88  
Started IP 04/08/13

S/C/G: HW/387/SWIP/267/see ticker/170

Height: 5"8.5

pic20130513235138.jpg

I introduced myself the other day to the forum and I said that I would upload some pictures of my weight loss journey thus far. The image on the left is about 50lbs less than my highest of 387lbs and the picture on the right is me around 230lbs.

I'm 25 years old and I have struggled with my weight since I was 5 years old. It is a forever journey and I look forward to sharing my success with you all!!
Old 05-14-2013, 02:51 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 186.6/126.8/125

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone! DH has been in the hospital for the past 4 days, he just got out today :-/ I haven't been getting in my 4 cups of veggies this weekend, so I hope it hasn't messed me up too much.

I'm kinda bummed, I can't seem to get my IP supplements through the plainprotein site anymore. There doesn't seem to be hardly any IP products available online anymore. I guess I'll have to find something close to those through GNC or something. Anyone have any suggestions??

I'm still plugging along, I have 7 lbs to go to goal, getting there slowly, but surely.

Texan...CONGRATS on fitting into that letterman's jacket! That's gotta feel GREAT! You're doing a wonderful job, keep up the great work!!
Closed Thread