3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Skin toning (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/281313-skin-toning.html)

MY3labs 05-09-2013 12:00 PM

Skin toning

Hi, just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for skin toning.
I body brush and use tons of lotion but, have cellulite (I know will reduce with weight loss) and some loose skin (will tighten over time).
Does anyone have any ideas how to assist this along quicker? Problem is mostly in legs and I'm pulling out the shorts...
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Thedollylala 05-09-2013 12:05 PM

I've looked into microdermal needling look it up, it's suppose to encourage cell regeneration

canic 05-09-2013 12:59 PM

I'm planning to get into strength training when I'm done. Losing weight has helped, but I still have lots of cellulite as carry my weight in hips/thighs. I think IP will get me to a good place, but it's going to take lifting weights to build muscle mass.

I wear longish shorts and skirts to hide my legs.

leannekarella 05-09-2013 02:03 PM

I just had a talk with my doctor yesterday about this very subject.
NO...there is nothing that actually helps. Yes, it CAN tighten some over time, but the older we are (don't know your age, but I'm at 40) the less elastic our skin is.
She told me there are no "products" that will help the situation.
In the end, the only alternative is surgery. (she's not a surgeon, so it wasn't like she was pushing for that)
And then she said, "GOOD FOR YOU!" that you have this problem now. ;)

crazynette826 05-09-2013 02:51 PM

I was told to use the 2 IP packets that have collagen (Cranberry Raspberry granata, and Raspberry jello) as often as possible to help with lose skin. At most every other day. Not everyday, because they're an incomplete protein. I don't know if it helps a ton, but every little bit helps. I also just started a collagen supplement, that suppose to help with skin, and hair. It might not actually help, but at least I feel like I'm doing something to try to help it!

De11s 05-09-2013 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MY3labs (Post 4736120)
Hi, just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for skin toning.
I body brush and use tons of lotion but, have cellulite (I know will reduce with weight loss) and some loose skin (will tighten over time).
Does anyone have any ideas how to assist this along quicker? Problem is mostly in legs and I'm pulling out the shorts...
Thanks in advance for any advice.

I too am bigger in the lower regions (pear shaped) I have been using the It Works Wraps and defining gel and have seen great results. I also have been using a body brush and the collagen based IP Packets almost every other day for the last month or so. Just started PH3 this morning I am a happy 45 yr old girl!!:D

ALM2000 05-09-2013 07:28 PM

The weight is almost all gone but I have loose skin on my tummy and knees (yuck!)

So I started this new regimen yesterday. Hopefully, I will see some results...

Combine 1 packet of Knox gelatin & 1 tbs UDO's 3-6-9 into Protein shake (EAS AdvantEGDE)

I've also heard that short of a surgery, there is not much that can be done (sigh).

Lolo70 05-09-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazynette826 (Post 4736356)
I was told to use the 2 IP packets that have collagen (Cranberry Raspberry granata, and Raspberry jello) as often as possible to help with lose skin. At most every other day. Not everyday, because they're an incomplete protein. I don't know if it helps a ton, but every little bit helps. I also just started a collagen supplement, that suppose to help with skin, and hair. It might not actually help, but at least I feel like I'm doing something to try to help it!

Unfortunately, it does nothing. You need to induce collagen synthesis at the correct location. Just eating it won't do. Collagen synthesis is dependent on estrogen an can to some degree be induced by hyaluronic acid and vitamin C. But the effect of those treatments will be subtle.

Kmangrl 05-09-2013 10:23 PM

Laser for skin tightening

Hi all,

This is something that worries me too. There is a new laser on the market called the viora refit. I don't know anyone who has done it, but the before and after pics online are amazing. There seem to be lots of non-surgical options out there. I have heard of the needling as well, and those before and afters are pretty good too.

LilacPants 05-10-2013 12:00 AM

I read somewhere in a general health book (not diet book), that foods high in anti-oxidents help with toning skin by providing the cellular nutrition for the body to generate its own collagen. Though we aren't eating most fruits right now, I do take the daily anti-oxident supplements that are part of IP. (I have real trouble getting the raspberry jello and cran drink down--lately I'm doing good to get 1 in/week.) I have lost 55# so far (have 15 to go) and am in my 50's. I don't seem to have much loose skin yet, except my neck in certain light.