Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 05:36 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 133.9/123.3/113

Height: 5'1.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dracie View Post
Hi all! Just finished my first week--andlipst 5.5 lbs! A little overwhelmed by the diet-how does everyone fit it into life??? Two parties last week and lunch with friends. Aakkk. Question-salad dressings. I tried WF basaltic and it tasted terrible. I'm kinda scared to try the others. Any recommendations? Any other flavor enhancers I should try? Thanks!!
I also bought the balsamic WF and didn't like it. I do like WF creamy bacon and sesame ginger. The blue cheese is ok.

Old 05-08-2013, 05:37 PM   #47  
Restart 3/1/15

S/C/G: 307.4/270/200

Height: 5'7

Good evening everyone. Sonya you look amazing, what an inspiration for me to keep going. Hope everyone is having an op day.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:38 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 153.8/142/120

Height: 5'0"

Before I read all of the other posts, I have a confession. I had two cheats this week. Even though the cheats (one Sunday and one Monday) did not even equal a sample at the grocery store, they still had an impact. Not only have they slowed my losses (a completely natural consequence), but more importantly, they taught me something about myself. I have been aware that I was an emotional eater, but neither tasting was tied to an emotion, so I thought I was safe. WRONG!!! I don't have that same level of satisfaction throughout the day that I had before. It may be a little bit hormonal, but I really feel that I am not mentally ready to branch out. I was hoping to start phasing out in June, and my weight may be at the right spot for that, BUT- now, I am very clear that I will need to proceed slowly when I add foods back into my diet, especially during maintenance. I have loved the power I have had over my eating during phase 1, and I don't want to let food control me anymore. A cheat is never good, and I am not trying to excuse myself, but I am very glad that I had this first real a-ha moment while I still have ketosis giving me a boost. I'm definitely going to get the Beck info, as well as some of the newer releases on how the food industry manipulates food so that we crave it. I want to be even more empowered as I continue this journey. Thanks for always being there. I really wish I would have had a chance to read the daily threads earlier in the week. They really help me stay on track, so I try to do it every day.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:46 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 133.9/123.3/113

Height: 5'1.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcolbert View Post
So, I just ordered my first batch of food from Protifoods.com - enough to last me through the end of the month (starting on Saturday)! I sorted out the restricted vs. unrestricted and noticed a few differences (in a pro way, because the brown sugar oatmeal on protidiet is unrestricted), etc. So I think I'm good!

My question is now focused on the lettuce/veggies, etc. for the lunch and dinner....

Am I getting it right that buying Walden Food products...means that if you use them, its like you aren't eating anything? I could use any of the dressings on the salad...the syrup on the protidiet blueberry pancakes? I even read taking the peanut butter and mixing it with a shake...or the choc dip and freezing it to make little chocolates...

All of that is okay, and does not mess up the diet...correct?

Just trying to figure out BEFORE this starts how to jazz up the food portion!

Thanks!

I think it's only two servings of WF products per day. So, for lunch if you put 2 tablespoons of WF on your salad that is one serving. And later for dinner you have another salad with 2 tablespoons of WF, that is your second serving and you are done with WF for the day. That is my understanding.

Old 05-08-2013, 06:00 PM   #50  

Height: 5'7

I know how you feel. I've been spending a lot of time planning for my future eating habits as well as really examining why I had to have quantity in order to be satisfied or why I made the choices I did. I'm personally terrified of that moment when I step off on my own and make all of my food choices. But I'm arming myself with the knowledge beforehand. Then there's all of you.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:19 PM   #51  
Kara - Restart 8/23/2013

S/C/G: 277.4/214/160

Height: 5' 3"

Lost 2.8 this week! Great after a few smaller weeks (under 1 lb)!

Talked to my lady about phasing off for Disney in June and then not coming back. She was fine with it and said it sounded good and if I ever wanted to come back I could.

I DIDN'T tell her I may do it on my own.

I am 19 lb away from MY goal of 170, I have weigh ins 4 more times before Disney, so if I can drop 5 more lbs in that time I will be EXCITED!!
Old 05-08-2013, 06:25 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 250/179/150

Height: 5'3"

Congrats, Leanne. You should feel so proud taking care of your health!!!
Old 05-08-2013, 06:43 PM   #53  

Sonya: thanks for sharing your fabulous pics with us! What a transformation!

Leanne: congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dracie View Post
Hi all! Just finished my first week--andlipst 5.5 lbs! A little overwhelmed by the diet-how does everyone fit it into life??? Two parties last week and lunch with friends. Aakkk. Question-salad dressings. I tried WF basaltic and it tasted terrible. I'm kinda scared to try the others. Any recommendations? Any other flavor enhancers I should try? Thanks!!
Re: fitting IP into your life:
I had to make it a lifestyle and a priority, which means I plan ahead of time. If we have a party, etc, I make plans so I'm sure I still get all my veggies, etc in. The refrigerator is stocked. I don't leave meals to chance. There is always a plan. It has worked since July 30, 2012 & I expect it to continue to work to my goal.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:15 PM   #54  
My Own Worst Enemy

S/C/G: 188.8/175/140

Height: 5'4"

So I punched my first week of food into myfitnesspal and the last 3 days just to compare what has changed from the first week to this week and there isn't much change. I don't get how I can loose 9lbs the first week and only 1 the second. I am averaging 600-900 calories, 11-20g fat, 40g carbs, and over 100g protein. Are these good/average numbers?
Old 05-08-2013, 07:27 PM   #55  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannekarella View Post
Had my 3 month diabetic check up today...

Awesome news!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by petchef View Post
Has anyone tried juicing? If so, can you recommend a juicer? I'm thinking about investing in a Vitamix blender.
I don't juice personally (I like chewing my veggies!) but I know a few juicers who swear by the Vitamix, it's a great blender AND it retains a lot of the fiber in the food. Most juicers filter out the fiber, so you're not getting the full benefit of the veggies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcolbert View Post
Am I getting it right that buying Walden Food products...means that if you use them, its like you aren't eating anything? I could use any of the dressings on the salad...the syrup on the protidiet blueberry pancakes? I even read taking the peanut butter and mixing it with a shake...or the choc dip and freezing it to make little chocolates...
Here's the thing to remember about ALL products that are 0 carb (like walden farms, drink flavorings, sweeteners, etc). There are always TRACE carbs present. The FDA allows a company to label something 0 carb as long as it's less than 1 carb - but that can be 0.2 carb to 0.9 carb. Those baby carbs still add up fast.

My rule of thumb was always 6 servings of 0 carb products per day. Measure your servings so you know what you're getting. If you keep it under 6 servings, you never have to worry about adding more than 6 carbs total to your daily intake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calisto View Post
I am 19 lb away from MY goal of 170, I have weigh ins 4 more times before Disney, so if I can drop 5 more lbs in that time I will be EXCITED!!
You have done so well - enjoy your phase off and vacation, we'll all be here for you if you decide to go rogue when you get back

Quote:
Originally Posted by claustin View Post
So I punched my first week of food into myfitnesspal and the last 3 days just to compare what has changed from the first week to this week and there isn't much change. I don't get how I can loose 9lbs the first week and only 1 the second. I am averaging 600-900 calories, 11-20g fat, 40g carbs, and over 100g protein. Are these good/average numbers?
I'm sure you've seen us mention before that weight loss is NOT a constant, steady drop. When you have a big loss week, it is VERY often followed by a low loss week. Your body needs to adjust along the way. You also need to take into consideration whether your inches changed, not just the number on the scale. Read my signature - you will see that I had high loss weeks, low loss weeks...it's totally normal. Sounds like you are exactly on track!
Old 05-08-2013, 09:01 PM   #56  
Kara - Restart 8/23/2013

Quote:
You have done so well - enjoy your phase off and vacation, we'll all be here for you if you decide to go rogue when you get back
Haha... SO using that. Not doing it on my own, but going rogue! lol
Old 05-08-2013, 09:03 PM   #57  
Kara - Restart 8/23/2013

Quote:
Aakkk. Question-salad dressings. I tried WF basaltic and it tasted terrible. I'm kinda scared to try the others. Any recommendations? Any other flavor enhancers I should try? Thanks!!
I am really liking olive oil with salt and pepper on it.... IF it's good olive oil! I found out the work Olive Oil in the salad bar is nasty! BUT one thing I use too is pickles... I LOVE dill pickles and use sliced up ones as a topping on my salad.... it's weird but it works for me in a pinch!
Old 05-08-2013, 09:33 PM   #58  
Getting there!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/158

Height: 5'6

Sonya: you are an inspiration! Congratulations on your great success.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:48 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 186.6/126.8/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyasbug View Post
Good morning all!
With a lot of help from a fellow 3FC member, A1Texan, I now have a before and a now pic in my profile. Its been really inspiring to see other members pics and its time I faced where I came from and be proud of where I'm headed. The last year has been a challenge everyday but with the continued support of each one of you help me make it to the next day successfully. Thank you for all your support then, now and in the future! Hugs!
Wow Sonya!! You look absolutely AMAZING!! Huge congrats on the beautiful transformation!!
Old 05-08-2013, 10:01 PM   #60  
My Own Worst Enemy

S/C/G: 188.8/175/140

Height: 5'4"

How does phase 2 work? Is it breakfast packet and snack? Then what for the rest of the day? I just read somewhere that it is NO CARBS at all! is that true?
Closed Thread