Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 09:11 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 201/156/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
dana135- I think you should just stick to what you've been (assuming you are eating all 3 IP foods, 4 cups veggies, oil & protein.)

It's too soon to say it's a stall or something is wrong. That gain could be water or maybe issues with the big C. Not sure if that is a problem for you. Sometimes it's just our bodies adjusting after losing so much in such a short amount of time.
Thank you, Ragdoll74.
I bought a food scale on amazon yesterday. I am wondering if maybe I am eating too much vegetables. I have just been eyeballing and not worried too much about it. For example, with the cauliflower rice I know it is not two cups of the rice, but I can't remember how many cups of pre shredded cauliflower I put into the rice...
How do you all do vegetable measuring?

Also, I just spray the bottom of my pans with the olive oil or coconut oil spray. The serving size says 1/5th of a second - really?! How does one measure 1/5th of a second. I just lightly spray the pan and sometimes the food too if I am grilling it...is that how you all do it too?

Sorry for so many questions, I just want to make sure I am not doing something wrong!!!!

Old 05-08-2013, 09:12 AM   #17  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Sonyasbug - Incredible transformation! Nothing short of amazing! Congratulations!

dana135 - Club sodas? Never having been a soda drinker myself, I have to ask if it is carbonated. If I remember correctly, we are not to have carbonated bevs except very occasionally, sugar free or not. Hopefully someone with more info will chime in for you. Also, short-changing yourself in the sleep department can also affect weight loss.
RE: measuring veggies - I measured my cauli when coarsely chopped, then ran through the grater and re-measured to figure out the quantity needed p/serving. I'm sorry, but I don't remember off-hand equivalents. I do this with all veggies, especially when I'm pureeing them (12 cups raw veggies, roast, then puree with a bit of water. Re-measure, divide by 12 = 1 serving). Hope this helps.
(and one more edit...) RE: oil - what you use to spray your pans with does not count towards the 2 tsps. of oil we are supposed to have, but still continue to use sparingly.

Last edited by greeniris; 05-08-2013 at 09:21 AM.
Old 05-08-2013, 09:31 AM   #18  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dana135 View Post
Thank you, Ragdoll74.
I bought a food scale on amazon yesterday. I am wondering if maybe I am eating too much vegetables. I have just been eyeballing and not worried too much about it. For example, with the cauliflower rice I know it is not two cups of the rice, but I can't remember how many cups of pre shredded cauliflower I put into the rice...
How do you all do vegetable measuring?

Also, I just spray the bottom of my pans with the olive oil or coconut oil spray. The serving size says 1/5th of a second - really?! How does one measure 1/5th of a second. I just lightly spray the pan and sometimes the food too if I am grilling it...is that how you all do it too?

Sorry for so many questions, I just want to make sure I am not doing something wrong!!!!

First, Sonyasbug -- You look amazing! I'm so glad you took the time and trouble to get pics of yourself up. It is SO inspiring!! Yo look great. Congratulations!

What I find the most inspiring about progress photos of you all is that no one looks like they used to be very heavy and no one has that "I just dropped a bunch of weight" look to them. Do you know what I mean? Sometimes people can look "off" (imo) depending on how they lost the weight, especially if it was quick. This plan seems to be really great for an overall, natural, healthy look. Looking good, everyone!

Now, to dana135 . . . I agree with Ragdoll. I wouldn't assume you are doing major things wrong. Bad weeks happen. I have measured my veggies from the beginning, etc. and still had a week where I gained. I think our bodies just fluctuate in levels of cooperation from week to week. As Lisa says, "Trust the plan."

As for cauliflower measuring, I break mine into bite-size florets and measure them raw in a 2-cup measure. Then I rice it. As for the cooking spray, I believe the plan expects that small amounts of oils will be used for cooking. I am sure nearly any amount of spray would be within those amounts. Are you adding your 2 tsp of oil to something you are eating? That oil is in addition to cooking oil.

Hang in there and stick to the plan as closely as possible. Make sure you throw back a lot of water. I predict you will have a whoosh week next week if you do.

As for me: I am down 3.5 this week. Yippeeee!

Isn't it funny how you can be kind of weary going to the scale, not really feeling lighter for the week . . . but as soon as the scale shows a good loss, you feel instantly skinnier? LOL

Have a great day, all ~
Old 05-08-2013, 09:38 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Sonaysbug: You look amazing, so proud of you
Old 05-08-2013, 09:43 AM   #20  

Height: 5'7

You look so good, Sonya! Stunning!
Old 05-08-2013, 09:59 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 245/185/165

Height: 5'9"

Dana135 I feel your pain! It's amazing that we can follow the plan to the letter and only lose a pound a week. . . or gain? I'm starving! We should be loosing more! But still, I plug away on my IP routine. Just remember that you know you are sticking to the rules, and eventually math will win out. Calories in are so low that the weight will have to come off.

Sonya, you're the motivation I needed today!!
Old 05-08-2013, 10:00 AM   #22  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

dana135 - Like greeniris and Sylviesgirl mentioned don't count the small amount of oil that you spray on for cooking towards your daily oil. I use the olive oil spray for my veggies, but also use 1 tsp olive oil in my lunch salad everyday.

Measure meat with the food scale and veggies with a measuring cup. If you are ricing big batches of cauli you can break up the cauli into small florets to put in a measuring cup. Then after ricing measure again to figure out what 1 serving works out to. If you are storing it in the fridge for later use, put a post-it on the container so you know how much 1 serving is.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:26 AM   #23  
Started IP on 4/26/13

S/C/G: 224/205.8/160

Height: 5'11"

Ack, business trip coming up next week! Gahhhhhhh!

I have a plan though, and I'm SUPER relieved I placed orders with Walden Farms and Lindora this weekend, so hopefully the things I ordered to make my life easier will be here by then!
Old 05-08-2013, 10:39 AM   #24  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyasbug View Post
Good morning all!
With a lot of help from a fellow 3FC member, A1Texan, I now have a before and a now pic in my profile. Its been really inspiring to see other members pics and its time I faced where I came from and be proud of where I'm headed. The last year has been a challenge everyday but with the continued support of each one of you help me make it to the next day successfully. Thank you for all your support then, now and in the future! Hugs!
You look amazing!!! Fantastic transformation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dana135 View Post
Good Morning Everyone!

The last week has been busy and I have been staying out late and drinking club sodas (those are calorie-free right?) with lime. She said it was better to have my third packet when I get home (10 p.m.) rather than not have it. I am wondering if those late night snacks are limiting my weight loss. What do you all think?
Thanks for your help!!!!
Timing of your food is not going to limit your weight loss. I work 3pm-11pm and would VERY often have my last packet somewhere between 10 and 10:30pm. Now, if you've been up late and not getting enough sleep...THAT could potentially cause a little water retention. Also RE: club soda - check the label...if there are phosphates or added sodium then that might be causing some issues. Store bought soda uses phosphates as a preservative, which can throw off the alkali balance of IP.

I don't know how long the scale hasn't been cooperating - but if it's only one week then I don't think you need to change much of anything in terms of your eating. Have your measurements changed? Sometimes there's no loss on the scale but inches will change. Weight loss is not a steady drop, I wish more coaches understood this!
Old 05-08-2013, 11:13 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 217/173/132

Height: 5'5"

Sonyasbug - Oh my goodness! I can't get over the transformation - AWESOME! Thanks for the inspiration!
Old 05-08-2013, 11:19 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 181/137/136 Start: 11/28/12

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonyasbug View Post
Good morning all!
With a lot of help from a fellow 3FC member, A1Texan, I now have a before and a now pic in my profile. Its been really inspiring to see other members pics and its time I faced where I came from and be proud of where I'm headed. The last year has been a challenge everyday but with the continued support of each one of you help me make it to the next day successfully. Thank you for all your support then, now and in the future! Hugs!
You look amazing!!! What an inspiration you are!! and so close to goal, keep up the good work!! Very Happy for you!
Old 05-08-2013, 12:45 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 287.6/ticker!!/140

Height: 5'3

A big thank you to everyone for the lovely comments. Its def a battle worth fighting for. Realizing I am enough is all I need to keep fighting.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:01 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 202.4/161/145

Height: 5' 6"

Sonya, you look fantastic!
Old 05-08-2013, 01:32 PM   #29  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

Had my 3 month diabetic check up today...

I got a "GOOD FOR YOU!" for my (in the normal range) A1C diabetic numbers.
My liver enzymes are in the normal range (much improved over December numbers)
And a "Keep up the great work!"

She is very, very happy with my success on the diet.

Old 05-08-2013, 01:42 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 208/208/145

Height: 5'2.5"

Good morning my IP friends out there. I took my last final for the semester last night. Time to start enjoying the summer. The family and I are doing a 5K walk to support my son's soccer team this Saturday so am I really excited about the family doing such a healthy activity together. I wish you all a great rest of the week.
Closed Thread