Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 05:13 AM   #1  
Started IP Alts 9/8/12

Default Daily Chat Tuesday 5-7-13

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home Page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), recipes, newbie guide, FAQ, and other important threads. IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!
and also here Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos:
Are currently residing in the the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 05-07-2013, 05:27 AM   #2  
Started IP Alts 9/8/12

Good morning all! What is everyone's plan for the day? I get to have my teeth cleaned and try to make a same day doctor's appointment for my husband, who has been having breathing issues for a few days. Fun times! At least there should be a lot less tartar to scrape since my sugar consumption is a lot less than it used to be!
Old 05-07-2013, 06:36 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 133.9/123.3/113

Height: 5'1.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctorblue View Post
Good morning all! What is everyone's plan for the day? I get to have my teeth cleaned and try to make a same day doctor's appointment for my husband, who has been having breathing issues for a few days. Fun times! At least there should be a lot less tartar to scrape since my sugar consumption is a lot less than it used to be!
Let me know how your teeth work out. I brush my teeth more often because I feel a coating from the IP shakes, bars, soups etc.
Old 05-07-2013, 06:56 AM   #4  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Happy early morning all! Just got home from my Couch to 5K training run - I realized yesterday that my first 5K is in 7 weeks so I had to get back on track! Don't need to be passing out at the finish line This Saturday I'm doing a 3 hour ZumbaThon to raise money for our local YMCA, hopefully I'll still be standing when it's all said and done

Hope everyone has a great Tuesday!
Old 05-07-2013, 07:37 AM   #5  
IP start March 8th 2013

S/C/G: 217/206/160

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen02719 View Post
Let me know how your teeth work out. I brush my teeth more often because I feel a coating from the IP shakes, bars, soups etc.
I find my teeth stain easier than before, brushing more often too...thinking it's lack of the crunchy apples? An apple a day!!!
Old 05-07-2013, 07:49 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 197/177/160

Height: 5.6

Good morning everyone . WI day for me today hoping for the 160's to make an appearance on the scale. Everything is going great otherwise, the sun is shining and the grass is turning that beautiful green we have all been waiting for . Will post later with my results .
Old 05-07-2013, 07:59 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 255/196/180

Morning everyone! Off to work for me today. I hadn't thought much of IP's affect on my teeth, if anything they seem whiter. My next appointment is in June, curious as well! Scorbett the Zumbathon sounds fun! I did one in college that was 80's themed, so much fun! Have a great day everyone!
Old 05-07-2013, 08:03 AM   #8  

I'm thinking of phasing off in 4 weeks. I will be about 20 pounds more than what I wanted but I think I need a break. I will see how it goes and maybe start again in a few months to lose the last 20. Has anyone else done this?? People are telling me there is no way that I should be taking 30 more pounds off there would be nothing left of me!
Old 05-07-2013, 08:17 AM   #9  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEGEE View Post
I'm thinking of phasing off in 4 weeks. I will be about 20 pounds more than what I wanted but I think I need a break. I will see how it goes and maybe start again in a few months to lose the last 20. Has anyone else done this?? People are telling me there is no way that I should be taking 30 more pounds off there would be nothing left of me!
Other people can't possibly know how much you still need to lose. Don't let those comments get in the way of what you want for yourself. I wonder if people say those things because they are trying to be kind or are taking out their own insecurities on us.

Some people have phased off for a while and then come right back to phase 1 to easily lose the rest of the weight. There are many who phase off then find it difficult to recommit and also find their losses are slower. A good thread to read is the reboot thread to get an idea of how restarting might go.
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...yone-else.html

You should do what is best for you and your situation.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:23 AM   #10  
Started IP on 4/26/13

S/C/G: 224/205.8/160

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Happy early morning all! Just got home from my Couch to 5K training run - I realized yesterday that my first 5K is in 7 weeks so I had to get back on track! Don't need to be passing out at the finish line
I'm totally into your 5K adventure, and it motivated me to agree last night to doing a 5K in a couple months. Let us know how it goes!
Old 05-07-2013, 08:39 AM   #11  

Height: 5' 7"

I dusted off my bike yesterday and taking it to get tuned up.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:47 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 205/199/160

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning to all. It is just a beautiful day sunny and warm. Yesterday I mowed and with all the rain and then sunshine the grass really grew so today I have to pick up the grass. I have almost 2 acres of yard so I spend alot of time outside doing yard work. After the long winter we had I love being outside so do not mind it at all. Everyone have a wonderful day!!
Old 05-07-2013, 09:34 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 255/196/180

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEEGEE View Post
I'm doing the same thing. My body is pretty much where I want to be, I'm at a higher weight than I'd prefer but that's something I'm trying to get over. With where I'm at I'm fine with pausing for a bit to be able to be more active this summer. I plan to be phased out by July 1st, start exercising more, calorie counting, and see what that does. I'll most likely head back on phase 1 in the middle of August. Keeping in mind that IP works and is always in your back-pocket is huge! Good luck!
Old 05-07-2013, 09:42 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 184/149/150

Height: 5'7"

Good morning!
A1Texan I might follow you in the bike tune up idea. I use to ride lots and loved it. I've tried running many times over....just not for me. So happy Sping is here! Have a great day all.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:47 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 250/179/150

Height: 5'3"

Does anyone have any opinions on scales. Mine just broke this weekend.

Last edited by drivebynotthru; 05-07-2013 at 09:47 AM.
Closed Thread