Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2013, 12:59 PM   #31  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberjules View Post
Wow 3 hours??? You're rocking Scorbett!!! Are you in Phase 4 yet? I've lost track of time and seems like you went to Phase 2 a couple of weeks ago, although it must be more than that by now. How are you doing?
LOL I've been in maintenance for 2 months already - time flies! Hit my goal in February and was completely phased off at the beginning of March. Life also got insanely busy right around that time so I haven't been on the forums as much. Still feeling my way through maintenance - it is a totally different kind of challenge from Phase 1! Sometimes I miss the simplicity of p1, but I also love my big breakfasts

LOVE the doggie trailer!
Old 05-07-2013, 01:00 PM   #32  

Can anyone tell me the amounts in the Cal Mag supplement. I forgot to get a new bottle from my coach and as his isn't close by, it would be easier for me to supplement with something from the drugstore for a week - if that will be OK.

Thanks.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:08 PM   #33  
Started IP 11/28/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mquinn106 View Post
I did the same this last weekend. Loved getting out and enjoying the sunshine. In fact I got a bicycle trailer for my dog Lily so she can enjoy the sunshine too:

That's adorable! I don't think my big lab would fit!
Thanks. They have a large one for bigger dogs. I think it will hold up to 110 lbs. It's a Solvit Houndabout II pet bicycle trailer. I love it! Super easy to navigate and tow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
LOL I've been in maintenance for 2 months already - time flies! Hit my goal in February and was completely phased off at the beginning of March. Life also got insanely busy right around that time so I haven't been on the forums as much. Still feeling my way through maintenance - it is a totally different kind of challenge from Phase 1! Sometimes I miss the simplicity of p1, but I also love my big breakfasts

LOVE the doggie trailer!
OMG! 2 months! Wow time does fly. Have you found it difficult to maintain or what are your thoughts on it. What's your experience? Oh..the big breakfasts...I started reading peoples recipes and ideas and I had to stop, because it made me hungry and crave a big breakfast too. Soon enough! I'm getting more excited that I'm below 200 now and though I still have a ways to go, I feel like I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

It's summer and I the one bit of exercise that I LOVE LOVE LOVE is riding my bicycle. I don't think I'm going to be able to not to that this summer even though I'm in Phase 1. This last weekend when I rode I wore an HRM and it said I lost about 1100 calories. I ate an extra 700ish calories during and after the ride to hopefully not mess up my weight loss.

Would love to hear your thoughts on this since I remember you were working out while on Phase 1 also.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:09 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 202.4/161/145

Height: 5' 6"

Question for folks: I am supposed to go out to dinner tonight and a Chinese restaurant has been selected. Any tips on how to stay OP? I was thinking maybe ordering Egg Foo Young? Or I will ask if they can just stir fry some chicken and veggies with no sauce? Egg Foo Young sounds good, but I am a little wary since the soy sauce probably would have gluten.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:10 PM   #35  

I'm looking for some advice on what to do over the summer. I need to phase off in 2 weeks for a long international trip, and I'll be at my goal, but I think I may want to go about 5-7 lbs lower. My coach said I can start up again to lose remaining weight, but because of other plans, I won't be able to do that until end of July.

I need to start building some muscle and was planning to start a 3 month strength training work-out program when I was in maintenance. I also want to get into a regular exercise routine before I'm back in grad. school in September, with plan to keep it up. I could start the exercise program when I'm back from my trip, but then I couldn't go back to phase 1 until it's finished, so September at earliest. DH says to do the exercise program, but then stop before done to go back on IP end of July. But I really want to finish the program as it'll be a first for me and it'll be easier for me to commit over the summer.

I'm not stuck on a certain number on the scale, but I'm what they call skinny fat. My body composition is still too much fat to not enough muscle. I know the scale at the coach's office isn't accurate, but I still have flabby thighs and lots of cellulite (wearing size 4/6) and I've never had great muscle mass in my life. I'm going to do the bod pod at my college to find out accurate body composition numbers. I want to have healthier ratio of fat to muscle.

So any advice? Thanks.

Last edited by canic; 05-07-2013 at 01:41 PM.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:28 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcn1254 View Post
ok here's a question and even after reading through the FAQs and the forums I can't seem too find the answer. When measuring your vegetables do you use a measuring cup or weigh them on a food scale? I have done both and the amounts vary greatly. How about the protein-scale or cup, raw or cooked. I am on week 3 and the longer I do the program on my own it seems the more questions I have.
thanks for any help
Everything should be measured raw.

Meat is by weight on a food scale.

Veggies should be measured by volume in measuring cups, but there are times that it won't work quite as well.

For example, I like to leave my asparagus in long spears so I measure out 268 grams on my food scale, which is 2 cups.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:13 PM   #37  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberjules View Post
Thanks. They have a large one for bigger dogs. I think it will hold up to 110 lbs. It's a Solvit Houndabout II pet bicycle trailer. I love it! Super easy to navigate and tow.

OMG! 2 months! Wow time does fly. Have you found it difficult to maintain or what are your thoughts on it. What's your experience? Oh..the big breakfasts...I started reading peoples recipes and ideas and I had to stop, because it made me hungry and crave a big breakfast too. Soon enough! I'm getting more excited that I'm below 200 now and though I still have a ways to go, I feel like I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.

It's summer and I the one bit of exercise that I LOVE LOVE LOVE is riding my bicycle. I don't think I'm going to be able to not to that this summer even though I'm in Phase 1. This last weekend when I rode I wore an HRM and it said I lost about 1100 calories. I ate an extra 700ish calories during and after the ride to hopefully not mess up my weight loss.

Would love to hear your thoughts on this since I remember you were working out while on Phase 1 also.
Maintenance is just a different ballgame from P1 - trying to figure out what daily calories my body can handle with the level of exercise I do, what the right carb/fat/protein balance is for me...it's a challenge! But I knew that maintaining would be work, and so I just take the ups and downs of the scale with a grain of salt and know it's still a learning curve...It's not really stressful because I know that if things get way out of whack I always have P1 to fall back on

I actually didn't exercise much in P1 - I had to walk my son to school 4 days a week, and that was 1 mile round trip, twice per day at a very slow walk (with a 6 year old and 3 year old in tow!). I did a little bit of light yoga toward the very end and started my C25k program right before starting p3. But I always added the packet even for the walking, just to make sure I didn't kill too many calories without replacing them. The yoga slowed my losses down a little, but at that point I was so close to the end I was OK with it, and it felt really good

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatLakes86 View Post
Question for folks: I am supposed to go out to dinner tonight and a Chinese restaurant has been selected. Any tips on how to stay OP? I was thinking maybe ordering Egg Foo Young? Or I will ask if they can just stir fry some chicken and veggies with no sauce? Egg Foo Young sounds good, but I am a little wary since the soy sauce probably would have gluten.
Chinese restaurants are tough, especially if it is run with native staff - the food culture differences can get in the way. Your best bet is to find a steamed dish, no oyster sauce, no sauce of any kind. They should be able to accommodate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canic View Post
I'm looking for some advice on what to do over the summer. I need to phase off in 2 weeks for a long international trip, and I'll be at my goal, but I think I may want to go about 5-7 lbs lower. My coach said I can start up again to lose remaining weight, but because of other plans, I won't be able to do that until end of July.

I need to start building some muscle and was planning to start a 3 month strength training work-out program when I was in maintenance. I also want to get into a regular exercise routine before I'm back in grad. school in September, with plan to keep it up. I could start the exercise program when I'm back from my trip, but then I couldn't go back to phase 1 until it's finished, so September at earliest. DH says to do the exercise program, but then stop before done to go back on IP end of July. But I really want to finish the program as it'll be a first for me and it'll be easier for me to commit over the summer.

I'm not stuck on a certain number on the scale, but I'm what they call skinny fat. My body composition is still too much fat to not enough muscle. I know the scale at the coach's office isn't accurate, but I still have flabby thighs and lots of cellulite (wearing size 4/6) and I've never had great muscle mass in my life. I'm going to do the bod pod at my college to find out accurate body composition numbers. I want to have healthier ratio of fat to muscle.

So any advice? Thanks.
It sounds like you've already worked out a pretty solid plan - phase off, then ramp up your exercise on a training program for a set amount of time. I would say finish the program over the summer, and then evaluate where you are at then. Building the muscle may just take care of those last 5lbs of fat on its own.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:14 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Height: 5'1"

Went out for a biz lunch today. I guess it's the portion -- everyone ordered the same grilled chicken salad (mine without a few things). I'm starving. Normal non IP people eat this for their lunch -- I clearly cannot.

I'm headed back to the office to eat the red pepper I thankfully brought with me, and maybe a packet too.

Anyone else have this happen?
Old 05-07-2013, 02:19 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 217/173/132

Height: 5'5"

Well - WI today was discouraging. Gained a pound. Oddly enough, I gained it in lean mass and lost an inch. I was 100% OP - didn't really deviate much from the prior week when I lost 4 lbs. I'm sad, stunned and confused. I'm not defeated though. Considering it an anomoly and moving forward.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:21 PM   #40  
Reboot 9/2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by April Starter View Post
Well - WI today was discouraging. Gained a pound. Oddly enough, I gained it in lean mass and lost an inch. I was 100% OP - didn't really deviate much from the prior week when I lost 4 lbs. I'm sad, stunned and confused. I'm not defeated though. Considering it an anomoly and moving forward.
You lost an inch - so most likely anything on the scale is water weight that will flush away. Nothing to worry about. Have you been exercising, had an injury, or have allergies? Any muscle stress or inflammation in the body can cause some water retention, but the inch lost proves that fat was still burning away. press on!
Old 05-07-2013, 02:22 PM   #41  

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
It sounds like you've already worked out a pretty solid plan - phase off, then ramp up your exercise on a training program for a set amount of time. I would say finish the program over the summer, and then evaluate where you are at then. Building the muscle may just take care of those last 5lbs of fat on its own.
I'll phase off and see what happens with the exercising to build muscle. I don't care with the scales say. It's body composition that's now my goal. I want to be fit and strong. You're right that I can evaluate after the training program about phase 1 again.

IP has gotten me back to my pre-pregnancy weight, by the time I phase off, I'll be close to my wedding weight. But when I was this weight before, I wasn't fit or strong either. That's what I want to be, so now I need to phase into exercising and keeping up good eating.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:23 PM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrasb View Post
Went out for a biz lunch today. I guess it's the portion -- everyone ordered the same grilled chicken salad (mine without a few things). I'm starving. Normal non IP people eat this for their lunch -- I clearly cannot.

I'm headed back to the office to eat the red pepper I thankfully brought with me, and maybe a packet too.

Anyone else have this happen?
I don't know what the deal is with me. If I eat a salad for lunch it is like Chinese food...I'm hungry again. If I have cooked veggies I'm fine. I've been this way WAY before IP. I've just learned not to have salads for lunch unless I WANT to be hungry all afternoon (but it really is a "just me" thing)
Old 05-07-2013, 02:24 PM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by April Starter View Post
I didn't lose as much this week, but did lose in inches. I'm dealing with constipation, so pretty sure the scale was reflecting that. I started miralax and hope that will take care of it.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:24 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 217/173/132

Height: 5'5"

Thanks scorbett1103 - I appreciate you taking the time to encourage me. No to all three - (no exercise, no injury and no allergies.) I'm going with unexplained water retention. Again, thank you.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:30 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
I don't know what the deal is with me. If I eat a salad for lunch it is like Chinese food...I'm hungry again. If I have cooked veggies I'm fine. I've been this way WAY before IP. I've just learned not to have salads for lunch unless I WANT to be hungry all afternoon (but it really is a "just me" thing)
I agree with you! I really prefer to get an entree, steamed veggies and a side salad and then I'm better. But it just wasn't appropriate at this lunch.

I think also that having a small breakfast (pudding packet shake) means I need every single lunch calorie!!
Closed Thread