Old 04-29-2013, 10:07 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 267/261/170

Height: 5'10

Default And than I ate two cupcakes...

I'm on my second week. Week one went great. Week two started last thurs. I got thru the week and thru Saturday (stuck thru plan even during a bridal shower). on Sunday on my way home from a friends house I needed a cup of coffee to make the long drive so I stopped got my coffee and saw a pack of cupcakes what happened next ...well you guessed it purchased and devoured in 3 min. I don't know why I was so stupid and now worried about weds weigh in. Any advice on how to deal with impulsive like this ???
LunarLinka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:37 PM   #2  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunarLinka View Post
I'm on my second week. Week one went great. Week two started last thurs. I got thru the week and thru Saturday (stuck thru plan even during a bridal shower). on Sunday on my way home from a friends house I needed a cup of coffee to make the long drive so I stopped got my coffee and saw a pack of cupcakes what happened next ...well you guessed it purchased and devoured in 3 min. I don't know why I was so stupid and now worried about weds weigh in. Any advice on how to deal with impulsive like this ???
1. Pick yourself up, start fresh NOW. It happened, it's over, but this minute is time to recommit, and stick to plan from now forward.

2. Really think about what drove you to have the cupcakes. You had control. You had to make the decision to buy them. Then open them. Then eat them. What swayed your control? Was it lack of preparedness? Carry an emergency bar in your purse and in your glove box. Was it lack of willpower? Write a list of all the reasons why you want to lose weight. Write a love letter to yourself and talk about what a healthier you means. Really get into your own head about why you're on this journey - give it weight, worth. And remember those things the next time you get tempted.

Temptation is ALWAYS going to be there. And no, it is not easier in maintenance to keep things in moderation just because you can have them again - it's HARDER! The biggest gift you can give yourself is learning that the food is not in control - YOU are. YOU always have a choice - to eat, or not to eat. To choose what you know is not the best for yourself, or to make a different choice. Taking back that driver's seat, owning it, and not letting food drive the bus anymore is going to serve you well into maintenance. You are strong enough, you just have to do it!
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:02 PM   #3  

Thank you for the advice it was def lack of willpower And not having IP food on me so late in evening. Need to be more prepared. You are correct I am in charge! I will move forward a make a recommitment.
Old 04-29-2013, 11:12 PM   #4  
IP start date: Feb 18/13

S/C/G: 247/212.7/180

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
1. Pick yourself up, start fresh NOW. It happened, it's over, but this minute is time to recommit, and stick to plan from now forward.

2. Really think about what drove you to have the cupcakes. You had control. You had to make the decision to buy them. Then open them. Then eat them. What swayed your control? Was it lack of preparedness? Carry an emergency bar in your purse and in your glove box. Was it lack of willpower? Write a list of all the reasons why you want to lose weight. Write a love letter to yourself and talk about what a healthier you means. Really get into your own head about why you're on this journey - give it weight, worth. And remember those things the next time you get tempted.

Temptation is ALWAYS going to be there. And no, it is not easier in maintenance to keep things in moderation just because you can have them again - it's HARDER! The biggest gift you can give yourself is learning that the food is not in control - YOU are. YOU always have a choice - to eat, or not to eat. To choose what you know is not the best for yourself, or to make a different choice. Taking back that driver's seat, owning it, and not letting food drive the bus anymore is going to serve you well into maintenance. You are strong enough, you just have to do it!
THANK YOU SCORBETT. I AM GOING TO SAVE THIS IF/WHEN I HAVE THE URGE TO CHEAT. YOU ARE A MOTIVATION AND INSPIRATION TO MANY HERE ON THIS FORUM. THANKS FOR ALWAYS SHARING YOUR TIPS, TRICKS AND KNOWLEDGE OF THE DIET... YOU ARE ONE OF "THE PROS" AND I APPRECIATE YOU SHARING YOUR EXPERIENCES WITH US!!

Natalie
natsprat4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:13 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by natsprat4 View Post
THANK YOU SCORBETT. I AM GOING TO SAVE THIS IF/WHEN I HAVE THE URGE TO CHEAT. YOU ARE A MOTIVATION AND INSPIRATION TO MANY HERE ON THIS FORUM. THANKS FOR ALWAYS SHARING YOUR TIPS, TRICKS AND KNOWLEDGE OF THE DIET... YOU ARE ONE OF "THE PROS" AND I APPRECIATE YOU SHARING YOUR EXPERIENCES WITH US!!

Natalie
I second that.
ZOMBIEDAWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:19 PM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMBIEDAWN View Post
I second that.
tres
2Poles1Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:51 PM   #7  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Aw thanks guys
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:03 AM   #8  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LunarLinka View Post
...well you guessed it purchased and devoured in 3 min.
You got it out of your system. Now use the advice given to you and dig in deep for the long haul. Learn to believe you are far, far more powerful than an impulse.
2Poles1Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:05 AM   #9  
Just keep swimming!

S/C/G: 216/196/140

Height: 5'4"

People in my office are always bringing in cupcakes, donuts, etc.. I just always have a couple packs of SF gum sitting on my desk and one in my coat at all times just in case I see things that might make me break down. And it works. Those of us who are addicted to sugar just want that sugar taste. It's not about the actual cupcake or donut, it's about that comfort of something sweet lingering while watching everyone else enjoy those foods.
ferrousgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:23 PM   #10  

Thanks for tip about gum !