Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 10:24 AM   #16  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by accgy View Post
Anyone else have a hard time getting up in the morning while on phase 1? Normally I'm able to get up with little issue but lately I just keep hitting snooze on my phone
I have never been a morning person, so I always have a hard time getting up. I will say, though, that I seem to be tired and ready for bed about an hour earlier since being on IP. Luckily, my hubby is usually ready at the same time -- don't know what's his excuse, though. I think our bodies are working harder, burning fat, and it needs more rest.

Thanks, Ragdoll - I'm going to bear with it then, and look forward to WI tomorrow.
Old 04-30-2013, 10:59 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 191/138/142

Height: 5' 7

I have bouts of dizziness and nausea randomly since I began this diet 4 weeks ago. Today is a tough day, I am dizzy every time I stand up. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and more specifically if anyone has associated it with a weight drop. Last time I felt this crappy I dropped a few lbs in a couple days.
P.S.--> Yes, I am taking all the supplements and drinking plenty of water, 2-4 liters (68-135 ounces) daily.
Old 04-30-2013, 11:09 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 184/149/150

Height: 5'7"

Morning All! Welcome new IPers!
I have a question.. I work 330-1130 shift, sometimes do double into midnight shift, I always have extra IP at work, I had a chocolate drink about 4 a.m. Got off at 7:30 and went right to bed. Got up at 2 and went back to work, had crazy night was barely able to eat the stuffed pepper that I brought for dinner. Had NO IP products (so busy no time to eat), finally calmed down around 10, really wasn't hungry but knew I would be by 11:30 so ate salad I brought. Question is - is this lack of eating going to set me back in weight loss? Should I eat IP that late to get protein? Or will all the adrenaline make up for it in my metabolism?
I didn't feel bad or drained of energy but, slept great last night!
I guess it was a couple of questions....sorry so long.
Have a Great OP day!
Old 04-30-2013, 11:29 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 221.2/205.2/150

Height: 5'5"

I had my first weigh-in yesterday and guess who lost 6 lbs?!? THIS GIRL! Woot woot!

Follow my journey on Ideal Protein at: http://www.ugottajustkeepmovingforward.blogspot.com/

Add me on MyFitnessPal: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/anbrim

Last edited by KeepMovingForward; 04-30-2013 at 11:45 AM. Reason: Adding signature.
Old 04-30-2013, 12:06 PM   #20  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnmomof2 View Post
OOh where's the recipe?
I can't remember for sure as I copy and paste anything I want to keep in a folder on my desktop, but believe it was in the IP Recipes thread, but here:
Here is Lisa's P1 chili (4 servings)

2 lb lean ground beef ( or use half beef/half chicken or turkey)
1.5 c chopped Green peppers
1.5 c chopped Celery
1.5 c chopped Leeks
2 14oz cans Diced tomatoes for chili (read ingredients. No added sugar. If you can't
find one, use plain tomatoes and buy 2 cans diced chili peppers)
Spices to taste: garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt, pepper

I serve mine over a bed of lettuce (think taco salad) or over cauliflower rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Mntrose:
Enjoy that chili!
I never got to congratulate you on your WI yesterday & loved loved loved the positive attitude in your post!
well I am trying to figure out how to be positive about today, the weathermen are calling for more snow this evening . . . I want some spring before summer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica6700 View Post
I have bouts of dizziness and nausea randomly since I began this diet 4 weeks ago. Today is a tough day, I am dizzy every time I stand up. I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and more specifically if anyone has associated it with a weight drop. Last time I felt this crappy I dropped a few lbs in a couple days.
P.S.--> Yes, I am taking all the supplements and drinking plenty of water, 2-4 liters (68-135 ounces) daily.
Are you getting all your salt? I have seen it mentioned many times that low electrolytes can cause the dizziness. I have seen the Poweraid Zero recommended to help get things balanced again. Also licking some salt shaken right into your palm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MY3labs View Post
Morning All! Welcome new IPers!
I have a question.. I work 330-1130 shift, sometimes do double into midnight shift, I always have extra IP at work, I had a chocolate drink about 4 a.m. Got off at 7:30 and went right to bed. Got up at 2 and went back to work, had crazy night was barely able to eat the stuffed pepper that I brought for dinner. Had NO IP products (so busy no time to eat), finally calmed down around 10, really wasn't hungry but knew I would be by 11:30 so ate salad I brought. Question is - is this lack of eating going to set me back in weight loss? Should I eat IP that late to get protein? Or will all the adrenaline make up for it in my metabolism?
I didn't feel bad or drained of energy but, slept great last night!
I guess it was a couple of questions....sorry so long.
Have a Great OP day!
I wouldn't worry a whole lot about it being 'late' as you sound like your normally up most if not all night anyway. That is normal for your body. For me I have my last packet perhaps five minutes before going to sleep. I would suggest you do everything you can to get all your packets and food in every day though. Our bodies need every little bit that is on the Phase1 sheet. You might want to try mixing a drink up and having it in a thermos. I have heard of people taking the soups to work pre made and just reheating them there. A bar or a bag of 'chips' is easy as well.

Did I mention it's supposed to
SNOW????
Old 04-30-2013, 12:12 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 150/150/125

Height: 5'4"

Have the morning free and going to have some " fun with IP packets" today =) - trying the crispy cereal pancakes for breakfast, Lisa's potato zucchini rolls for lunch, and then kale BBQ chips for a snack later on. ( found on recipe thread 4 I think?) So excited! Then it's off to drive, drive drive for kid activities ! Have a good day y'all!
Old 04-30-2013, 12:17 PM   #22  
Restart: 1/5/15

S/C/G: 212/199.2/140

Height: 5'9"/36 yo

Hi all! Just wanted to check in and give you all a much deserved THANK YOU for all of your advice and support over the last months. I was on a weight loss program in advance of my wedding and my success was definitely in large part to this forum. Now that I'm back from my honeymoon, I'm probably going to phase off a bit early and ramp up my exercise and take off the last pounds through calorie counting. So I won't be weighing in here all that much, but I wanted to give a shout out before I left.

Thanks again!!
Old 04-30-2013, 12:28 PM   #23  
began IP May 25

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/140

Height: 5' 2"

Quote:
Sounds like you def need more salt. I too was having dizzy spells on P1 and it was when I'd forget to add the salt every day, especially when I was drinking more than the minimum amount of water. Good luck!
Old 04-30-2013, 01:03 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 197/177/160

Height: 5.6

WOOP WOOP lost another 3 lbs today at WI . Feeling great ! I have to work real hard this upcoming week to get to the 160's , its so close and do able
Old 04-30-2013, 01:03 PM   #25  

Height: 6'

OK, So the Smooth Move tea I drank last night didn't move me very much this morning. LOL. Is that normal? It's been 4 days already, yikes. Could it be the 2 iron supplements my doctor suggested I take daily? She suggested adding the iron pills for the hair loss. My hemoglobin was 9.5 so it is pretty low. Should I drink the tea again tonight to see if it works a bit better?
Old 04-30-2013, 01:05 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 257/200/190(?)

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
If you have dizzy spells, please see your doctor. Particularly if you are on any BP or heart medications, or if you feel like you could lose consciousness. Your dosages may need adjusting.

It may be something simple, and could go away if you get more sea salt into you (the nausea and crappy feeling don't sound that unusual or serious to me), but I really suggest you contact your doctor.

I also feel dizzy sometimes when I stand up. Doctor called it "postural hypotension". We didn't end up adjusting any dosages for my medication(s), but we are keeping an eye on things. I have a followup appointment soon.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:06 PM   #27  

Height: 5'7

I'm a little leery of P3. I know that I can sub my dairy for almond milk or veggie cheese and things of the like. But I really don't look forward to making bread a part of my every day life. I think that's part of my problem in overeating. I'll start with bread, then it's bread and butter, then some bacon, cheese... what starts as an innocent addition to my diet, I turn it into an all out obsession for the bread, cheese and meat combo. I know I'm responsible for my own choices, I just don't want to head down a road I've already traveled. Does anyone have any suggestions for bread subs in P3?

Thoughts like these make me feel all warm and cozy in P1!
Old 04-30-2013, 01:20 PM   #28  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMBIEDAWN View Post
I'm a little leery of P3. I know that I can sub my dairy for almond milk or veggie cheese and things of the like. But I really don't look forward to making bread a part of my every day life. I think that's part of my problem in overeating. I'll start with bread, then it's bread and butter, then some bacon, cheese... what starts as an innocent addition to my diet, I turn it into an all out obsession for the bread, cheese and meat combo. I know I'm responsible for my own choices, I just don't want to head down a road I've already traveled. Does anyone have any suggestions for bread subs in P3?

Thoughts like these make me feel all warm and cozy in P1!
I usually have Bear Naked Fit granola or oatmeal as my grain - you can use any grain (quinoa, graham crackers, tortilla, brown rice, etc) as long as the portion meets the guidelines! I think I've only used bread when I make baked french toast, or one or two times I had straight toast with my eggs.
Old 04-30-2013, 01:38 PM   #29  

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
I usually have Bear Naked Fit granola or oatmeal as my grain - you can use any grain (quinoa, graham crackers, tortilla, brown rice, etc) as long as the portion meets the guidelines! I think I've only used bread when I make baked french toast, or one or two times I had straight toast with my eggs.
Thanks, Scorbett! This is great! I can do this!
Old 04-30-2013, 01:38 PM   #30  
Started IP on 4/29/13

S/C/G: 230/230/135

Height: 5' 2"

Okay, so this is day 2 and I'm not feeling so hot! Headache all day so far, I had a chicken noodle soup packet for lunch , but barely kept it down. I'm so tired and to make it worse, I also had a piece of leftover pork from last nights dinner at lunch. I was so hungry. And now I feel like I have already failed, before I even got started!
Please tell me this gets easier!

You don't need to reply, I just needed to vent
Closed Thread