Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 07:02 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Monday 4/29/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 04-29-2013, 08:50 AM   #2  
Started IP on 4/26/13

S/C/G: 224/205.8/160

Height: 5'11"

Just started IP Alternatives yesterday, and it was a rough day.

Either my body is freaking out already or the Broccoli Cheddar Soup really disagreed with it, but either way when it all came back up, I called it quits and went to bed.

Loving my Berry Shake for breakfast though... here's hoping for a smoother day 2?
Old 04-29-2013, 09:21 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 225/189.8/175

Height: 5'11

Default Ketosis Chant

Sorry to hear of your food incident TooManyMaggies. I've had a few times the IP food didn't go down well.
My DD made brownies yesterday and I was left to clean up the mixing bowl and pan with crumbs. I started an inner chant of ketosis, ketosis so I would remember not to take a taste of it. It was so hard smelling them baking. But I did it! Not one crumb.
Old 04-29-2013, 09:35 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 242/225/150

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooManyMaggies View Post
Just started IP Alternatives yesterday, and it was a rough day.

Either my body is freaking out already or the Broccoli Cheddar Soup really disagreed with it, but either way when it all came back up, I called it quits and went to bed.

Loving my Berry Shake for breakfast though... here's hoping for a smoother day 2?
Hope today is better for you!
Old 04-29-2013, 09:42 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 242/225/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2kids View Post
Sorry to hear of your food incident TooManyMaggies. I've had a few times the IP food didn't go down well.
My DD made brownies yesterday and I was left to clean up the mixing bowl and pan with crumbs. I started an inner chant of ketosis, ketosis so I would remember not to take a taste of it. It was so hard smelling them baking. But I did it! Not one crumb.
Brownies would be a tough one not to just have a crumb... Good job!
Old 04-29-2013, 09:52 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 155/136.4/130

Height: 5'6"

Well down a pound at weigh in. Happy but I had a lower weight Sat. Before TOM visited so hoping for really great weight lost next weigh in. I am thinking maybe on such long days I work maybe I need to add extra packet because of weight on Sat. Or it may just because of TOM? Wish it didn't happen same day so I could've figured it out. Ready to have a day to relax! Happy my hubby helped with some chores around the house while I worked all weekend! Especially all the laundry I was planning on doing today everyone have a great OP day. 15 lbs left to go!
Old 04-29-2013, 10:01 AM   #7  
Started ip 4/15/2013

S/C/G: 157/150/120

Height: 5'6"

Sad to hear the broccoli cheese soup did not do well for you. Hopefully today will be a better day for you toomanymaggie. This was my first weekend out to a party as well for hubby. It was Sunday afternoon at an indian restaurant. So many temptations!! From the kids side there were cookies, fries, pizza, etc., the adult side was just as tempting with all the various indian food. I did not cave in and cheat. Instead thought about all the oil and how it would cause acne and clog my heart. My husband escaped the drinking corner by volunteering to take on picture duty. He said that helped him out the most and was able to mingle more with everyone without having to be questioned why are you not drinking with us for the millionth time. Overall a great learning weekend. I think we might just stay home next time.
Old 04-29-2013, 10:24 AM   #8  

Having a "Stall" this week. Lisa took a look at MFP diary and pointed out that I'm missing food items. So I know she's right and I need to get my veggies in. Thanks Mama Lisa for taking the time and check in on me
Old 04-29-2013, 10:30 AM   #9  

It's a "Smooth Move" kind of day....
Old 04-29-2013, 10:55 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 186.6/126.8/125

Height: 5'5"

Well, I was down 2.6 lbs this past week. I must say, I was pleasantly surprised. I've now lost over 50 lbs on IP! Yay! Only 8 lbs to goal!
Old 04-29-2013, 11:12 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 186.6/126.8/125

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
It's a "Smooth Move" kind of day....
Hey Texan, when you do your smooth move tea, do you drink it in the morning or the evening?
Old 04-29-2013, 11:19 AM   #12  

Does anyone know if you can eat egg beaters vs egg whites?
Old 04-29-2013, 11:27 AM   #13  

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchawittygal View Post
Well, I was down 2.6 lbs this past week. I must say, I was pleasantly surprised. I've now lost over 50 lbs on IP! Yay! Only 8 lbs to goal!
That's amazing! I'm riding the edge of 40 lbs lost myself. Not quite there yet.... I've been doing mainly liquid packets to kinda push myself toward that mark..... I'm getting there!!
Old 04-29-2013, 11:34 AM   #14  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Quote:
Congrats!!!!
Old 04-29-2013, 11:38 AM   #15  

Quote:
Hey Texan, when you do your smooth move tea, do you drink it in the morning or the evening?
I have done both. In the mornings for late afternoon arrival or in the evenings around 9 pm for that early morning surprise

Enjoy
Closed Thread