3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Plain Protein Site Question (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/280320-plain-protein-site-question.html)

ames1215 04-24-2013 05:11 PM

Plain Protein Site Question

Hi Ladies-

I don't post much but am a lurker. I just started the program (again) a few weeks ago. I did not want to go back to my coach as she was not helpful so I was led to the Plain Protein site by suggestions on this board. However, I just went on the site to re-order and they don't have to of my staples (chocolate drink mix and vanilla pudding). Is that common for them to not always have everything or is something else going on with the site? I am so nervous that I won't be able to get my packets....any insight on this or any other suggestions as to places to get the packets?

Any help would be much appreciated! I don't want to run out of packets!

Thanks in advance!
Amy

iwiggy58 04-24-2013 05:41 PM

Yep..something has changed with the on-line ordering. I am somewhat worried also, as that is where I get my products. They do not have several of my usual go-to items. Not sure what I will do. I am getting low on some of my stuff too. I am having to look into alternatives, or quit IP as I will not go back to my "coach". Hopefully someone else has some ideas!

lisa32989 04-24-2013 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwiggy58 (Post 4718181)
Yep..something has changed with the on-line ordering. I am somewhat worried also, as that is where I get my products. They do not have several of my usual go-to items. Not sure what I will do. I am getting low on some of my stuff too. I am having to look into alternatives, or quit IP as I will not go back to my "coach". Hopefully someone else has some ideas!

This has been discussed on several threads.
Have you emailed them to ask them about the changes?

ames1215 04-24-2013 06:29 PM

Yes, I have e-mailed them but have not gotten a response, which concerned me even more. Any other places to purchase the packets?

Ruti 04-24-2013 06:44 PM

theres lots of IP to be had on ebay, at better prices too. Discovered it after these issues came up.

ragdoll74 04-24-2013 07:13 PM

I've noticed in the past if they run out of stock they remove the item from the site. They put it back on the site when their inventory is replenished.

Ruti 04-24-2013 07:54 PM

for those that are looking for packets online:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ideal-Protei...item257d01765a

they are 26/box w free shipping.

leslieanns 04-25-2013 11:04 AM

I emailed about the same thing last week. Finally got a reply the other day and the items will be back up in a couple weeks :)

SylviesGirl 04-25-2013 03:16 PM

Plainprotein told me that they had been bought by another company. My order came with a sheet enclosed listing all their new "knock off" IP items. I think changes are on the horizon. :?:

Debrasb 04-25-2013 03:53 PM

A few weeks ago, my coaches mentioned that they got a letter from IP corporate that ideal2go.com was being shut down or no longer allowed to sell IP products. Apparently it's part of the agreement with local coaches that no IP stuff is to be sold online. Perhaps this is an offshoot of that.

If this info is incorrect, don't shoot the messenger. I'm sharing what I was told, but I haven't verified the info.

iwiggy58 04-25-2013 04:00 PM

Well that would explain everything! Yep....it may be the end of the line for us that order IP products on-line. Guess I will need to re-evaluate things.

brunette8706 04-26-2013 10:22 AM

Hi Ladies!

What about the Proti Diet food packets. I believe that is what some people here use while on the "alternative" plan. :)

lisa32989 04-26-2013 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brunette8706 (Post 4720093)
Hi Ladies!

What about the Proti Diet food packets. I believe that is what some people here use while on the "alternative" plan. :)

Many people use alternatives to IP. Much of what ProtiDiet offers is a swap-out for IP products. There are entire threads on this forum dedicated to alternative products.

A word of caution: the IP "alternative plan" is a real IP plan that doesn't take you into ketosis, mostly for diabetics and people with health problems contraindicating IP Phase 1. Not to confuse use of alternate products with the IP Alternative Plan.

Lolo70 04-26-2013 01:21 PM

A very short-sighted corporate view by IP. They would make a lot more money if they would decrease prices at coaching centers and keep internet prices a bit higher. Or even better: Charge for coaching because that would separate the good coaches from the simply greedy ones and improve the reputation of IP.

aliboo723 04-26-2013 01:23 PM

I just ordered my supplements from Plain Protein and received them yesterday. This was my first order and in the box with the supplements were 3 "sample" products. Two were Healthwise chip type products and the other was a protein oatmeal raisin cookie. There were also two packets of vitamins that said ideal to go on them with an omega, multi and Cal-Mag in it. The Cal-Mag was in a capsule form and the ones I've been getting from my clinic were tablet form. Checked inside the bottles to see what they looked like (and compared to my clinic bought ones) thank goodness they are the same. I don't think I will use the ideal to go packets bc I don't know if the CalMag in it is the same bc its a different form.

I'm kinda worried about Plain Protein discontinuing the IP stuff. I NEED my supplements!!!! I am about to switch to full on alternatives after doing about 60% alternatives for the last couple months.:?:
Has anyone found another source for the IP brand supplements?

Going to post in the daily as well.