Old 04-22-2013, 08:08 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/251.5/240

Height: 5'10"

Default How fast did you lose on Alternatives?

I realise every one is different, but knowing that people usually lose slower on Alternatives, and the fact that I love stats, I was wondering how fast you've been losing.

I just started Alternatives on Friday and I'm loving the program.

Thanks!

And congrats to all of you on all the hard work you've been doing.
Mysticaldreamzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:37 PM   #2  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysticaldreamzz View Post
I realise every one is different, but knowing that people usually lose slower on Alternatives, and the fact that I love stats, I was wondering how fast you've been losing.

I just started Alternatives on Friday and I'm loving the program.

Thanks!

And congrats to all of you on all the hard work you've been doing.
I spent three months on IP and then switched to alternatives for the remaining nine months. I always averaged just a little over two pounds a week. I never noticed any difference in loss and sure loved the variety with alternatives.

Molly
WingnutandMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:44 PM   #3  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingnutandMe View Post
I always averaged just a little over two pounds a week. I never noticed any difference in loss and sure loved the variety with alternatives.
Same here.
bubbleblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:14 PM   #4  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

I did 8 weeks strictly on IP products, 2 weeks with a combination of IP and alternatives, and then week 10-29 on only alternatives. My rate of weight loss was consistent throughout.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 09:49 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 295/251.5/240

Height: 5'10"

Thank you all for sharing. I'm happy to hear that as long as you stick to it, you should be very successful.
Mysticaldreamzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:13 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 186.5/149/135

Height: 5.5

Default alternatives .....

I have them coming in the mail this week.. I am excited. I have studied the labels and compared.. so I feel safe and happy, especially cause I am saving money. yippeeee
Skinnyjeangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:34 PM   #7  
4/15/13

S/C/G: 232.4/TTT/160

Height: 5'9"

I've only been on IP for a week now but I'm not looking forward to the 400/month just for the products and was looking into alternatives... but I have noticed a lot of them have at least 3g less protein than the IP does, for those on alternatives do you do anything to make up for the difference?
accgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:45 PM   #8  
Started IP 1/16/2012

Location: Pine Mountain, Georgia & on a little lake in NE Michigan

S/C/G: 291/171.4/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by accgy View Post
I've only been on IP for a week now but I'm not looking forward to the 400/month just for the products and was looking into alternatives... but I have noticed a lot of them have at least 3g less protein than the IP does, for those on alternatives do you do anything to make up for the difference?
I always had a shake for my evening snack and added Syntrax Necter, which has zero carbs. I felt I needed that extra protein, but I wouldn't say it was necessary for everyone. I was just glad to find one with no carbs. Adding that didn't affect my losses, but felt less hungry that way. This may not work for others though.

Molly
WingnutandMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:01 AM   #9  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Calories determine fat loss or gain. Not the brand of product.

The are only two things that makes IP products special (in the context of fat loss.)

1) Noth

2) Ing
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:59 AM   #10  

I used IP products the first 2 weeks and went it on my own after that and only used Pure Protein Bars, EAS Shakes and WF products.

After a few weeks, my system rebelled and I couldn't handle those things.

I bought protein powder and have done the spinach smoothie for breakfast for months now and love it. I have just started eating a bar a couple of times a week and that has been fine. I still can't do the WF products, had a salad the other day with their dressing and had stomach issues. Something in their products does not agree with me, unfortunately because I did like their 1000 Island Salad dressing for the Big Mac in a Bowl. Now when I have a salad I use lower fat dressings sparingly but I don't have salads except for a few times a week.

I eat fresh and frozen veggies and vary my protein and eat a lot of eggs.

I never liked the taste of the packets and don't really have the time or inclination to spend a lot of time in the kitchen at this point in my life.

You can follow the IP protocol without using any of their products and achieve the same results.

Last edited by swerdna59; 04-23-2013 at 07:00 AM.
swerdna59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 02:49 PM   #11  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolo70 View Post
Not necessarily true. It is also the low carb count besides just the calories. I have done Medifast and IP diets, both at identical total calories. However, I have lost 2x faster on IP. The difference is the lower carbs that come with IP. So, while I still think IP is a rip-off at current prices, the general idea works. One does not need to purchase IP products to replicate the results. And it is indeed fat loss. I manage to preserve muscles well on a low carb diet.
In some people carbs matter, my point was that one lose fat due to the caloric deficit not any fairy dust contained with IP specific products. I would assume that if someone is going to use alternative products they would do the research needed to make appropriate choices to keep their diet ketogenic.
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:16 AM   #12  
Starting again 06.04.2014

S/C/G: 210/ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
Calories determine fat loss or gain. Not the brand of product.

The are only two things that makes IP products special (in the context of fat loss.)

1) Noth

2) Ing
Love. This. ^^^
GetYa1 is offline   Reply With Quote