Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 03:16 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 286/148/160

Height: 5'7"

ZombieDawn: About the biking - I know the fat/muscle monitors are not that accurate but here's what happened to me:

I biked the trails twice last week because it was spring break, gorgeous out, my kids wanted to and it was so easy w/ almost 100 lb gone it didn't feel like I was exercising. I also did 2 days of 10 minutes of non cardio ab toner type excercises. I ate an extra packet all of the days I excercised.

At weigh in today I was down 2.4 lbs but the fat scanner thing said lean mass was down 2.1 lbs and my body fat percentage went up.

My coach said no more biking - until phase 4. She also said that its common for people to overdo it in phase 1 because excercise feels so much easier than we remember when we were heavier.

I'd be interested to hear how it goes for you - doe your clinic have a body composition meter?
Old 04-22-2013, 03:17 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 217/173/132

Height: 5'5"

SylviesGirl - I LOVE the strawberry wafers - and have felt like I could easily eat multiple at one sitting! OMG - so good. Maybe you should try alternating your restricted item to one that's more in the savory category (rather than sweet). I love the dill zippers and the Southwest puffs.
Old 04-22-2013, 03:27 PM   #48  

Height: 5' 7"

Way to go Amber....I'm sooooo Happy for you. It's such a good feeling and thanks for sharing it.....
Old 04-22-2013, 03:28 PM   #49  

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginettepv View Post
I have continually worked out during IP. My trainer modified it for the first 3 weeks, then it was full tilt as usual. Belive me, they are not easy workouts with my trainer.

Both of my coaches ( I have changed clinics since starting, but both have said the same thing) tell me to eat an extra pack the day of exercice. They both also specifically said, eat one with a higher carb before your workout and after, have a lower carb with gelatin for your skin elasticity (jello or blueberry/granata drink). I have noticed a fabulous change in my skin and know right away when i forget a gelatin pack during the week.

My weight loss is slower, but my inches come off. I have had no weight loss in 4 weeks and only an inch all month, but this week I lost 6 and half inches with no lbs. My coach says this is very typical for people with hormonal issues, the inches come off faster.

Now that my endo doc has adjusted 4 of my hormones, I am also hoping the pounds will start to come off, but you know what... I'll take 6½ inches in a week any day. Especially around the belly.

Have a great week everyone.
Thanks! This kind of info gets me excited to get out there and move a little more!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
Great conversations and support today!

I have a question: When is a craving a craving? I mean, I am beginning to really, really look forward to my restricted item (Pure Protein PB bar) each day, to the extent that it is about all I can think about for the hour before lunch (which is when I have it). And once I have it, I want another and another -- not that I have given in to this, I haven't. Is this normal? Or are the sugar alcohols getting their dirty claws into me? I really love those bars, but maybe it is time to change it up. What else is a good restricted item? Thanks.
I totally understand this!! I think this might be because of my TOM, but I just salivate thinking about my restricted brownie bar! I got in such a bad mood the other night because all I wanted to do was eat a whole box!! Of course, I was going to do no such thing and that just p*$$ed me off all the more! LOL. I know that Lisa stays away from certain sweet tasting things becasue it'll just lead to more desire for sweet things. I've thought of adopting this rule to save myself from a slip!

But I'm right there with you. And Peanut Butter?! Sheesh, that's my kryptonite.... I need to find these Pure Protein bars!
Old 04-22-2013, 03:41 PM   #50  
Started IP 11/28/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb60 View Post
Well, I decided to tackle my closet this weekend. I had already gone through about a month ago and purged what was too big then. After this purge, I have a huge box full of only tops and jackets. It was amazing to realize how much I have gone down in size but there were a few pieces that I really loved and now wish I had them in a smaller size. On the other hand, there are some pieces I haven't worn in years that I can now fit into - insert happy dance here!! Still need to tackle the pants and capris but that's for another day.
This is always so much fun when you're losing weight and able to donate your "big" clothes and then go shopping for smaller clothes.

I put on a shirt real quick the other day that I wore 57 lbs ago. It was sleeveless/baby doll shirt. Looked like a dress on me now!!!! I was so shocked!!!!

Old Navy has some cheaper clothes too that look nice until you're at your goal.
Old 04-22-2013, 03:41 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 253/StartIP232.2/220.4/145

Height: 5'3"

Amberjules~ Congrats!!!!!!
Great job!!!
Old 04-22-2013, 03:46 PM   #52  
Started IP 11/28/12

Thank you everyone for the congrats on ONEDERLAND. Feels so nice! Interestingly...just have to share. My old coach sent me an email last night and told me she was dropping me from her Facebook group because she didn't want others to see on my blog that my success came from competitor food since I'm about 90% alternative.

I never post on her Facebook anything that isn't IP related and my personal Facebook doesn't link back to my blog, but thought it was amusing the coincidence of time. She also told me that when I decided to leave the IP coaching that I was making a mistake.

I somewhat understand her remarks because she probably didn't think I would stick with it, but now I'm laughing because of her initial comment and then dropping me from Facebook group because of my success.

Instead of feeling irritated by her actions - I was actually feeling quite great!
Old 04-22-2013, 03:52 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 221.2/205.2/150

Question-I started IP today. For lunch I had the broccoli cheese soup and I added two cups of broccoli. This was ALOT of food....so much that I could barely finish it. Suggestions? Am I throwing myself off if I don't finish it? Thanks!

MyFitnessPal: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/anbrim

Last edited by KeepMovingForward; 04-22-2013 at 03:58 PM.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:05 PM   #54  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSINGFORGOOD2010 View Post
Something is wrong. I went for an internal ultrasound and will get results on may 6. My weight went UP like 5 lbs in just a few days, then dropped 4 in two days then 4 back up! I am on less than 1000 cal a day... and i have non stop pms cramping and bloating. During the ultrasound i told her of my concerns and she took a lot longer for imaging. She asked me to press down on my left side so she can get a better pic of my left ovary... but not the right side. hmmm this is really worrying me.... nothing is making sense. I researched my symptoms and got these three possibilities: Ovarian cancer , PCOS, or endometriosis... have not had a bleed since jan 27th and hormonal blood work shows all is A+ with no indications of meno.......... I was at like 177 lbs and now sitting at 187 ... morale is at an all time low... I feel fat and bloated and ugly....... sorry to rant like this... has anyone else had this happen to them? how did you deal with it? thanks guys
Don't panic. Wait for your results. It could be as simple as an ovarian cyst. I get them all the time with the kind of symptoms you mention. If it were PCOS or endometriosis, it probably wouldn't just POOF appear. I've got both and the symptoms come on over time.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:12 PM   #55  

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by onmyway1014 View Post
ZombieDawn: About the biking - I know the fat/muscle monitors are not that accurate but here's what happened to me:

I biked the trails twice last week because it was spring break, gorgeous out, my kids wanted to and it was so easy w/ almost 100 lb gone it didn't feel like I was exercising. I also did 2 days of 10 minutes of non cardio ab toner type excercises. I ate an extra packet all of the days I excercised.

At weigh in today I was down 2.4 lbs but the fat scanner thing said lean mass was down 2.1 lbs and my body fat percentage went up.

My coach said no more biking - until phase 4. She also said that its common for people to overdo it in phase 1 because excercise feels so much easier than we remember when we were heavier.

I'd be interested to hear how it goes for you - doe your clinic have a body composition meter?
Yes, they do have one. Yikes, I don't want to lose muscle and gain fat... seems counterintuitive doesn't it? I'll throw caution to the wind and do it.... thanks for the heads up. I think I'll just do this ride and see if there's any change on the body comp. I do miss my bike rides and I don't want to miss this years weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberjules View Post
Thank you everyone for the congrats on ONEDERLAND. Feels so nice! Interestingly...just have to share. My old coach sent me an email last night and told me she was dropping me from her Facebook group because she didn't want others to see on my blog that my success came from competitor food since I'm about 90% alternative.

I never post on her Facebook anything that isn't IP related and my personal Facebook doesn't link back to my blog, but thought it was amusing the coincidence of time. She also told me that when I decided to leave the IP coaching that I was making a mistake.

I somewhat understand her remarks because she probably didn't think I would stick with it, but now I'm laughing because of her initial comment and then dropping me from Facebook group because of my success.

Instead of feeling irritated by her actions - I was actually feeling quite great!
Hoorah! Bask in your success.... and maybe rub it in a little, LOL.

Neener, neener

I just found out that my sister and I are going to the same clinic and they are being very lenient with her not sticking to the program 100%.(They reportedly kick people out for 2 cheats) So this gives me a little courage to introduce the idea of alternatives with my coach.....Wish me luck! If they give me the tongue lashing and finger pointing that I expect, then I'll just break up with them as their message wouldn't be consistent so why should I be. Sometimes, I'm such a brat.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:18 PM   #56  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepMovingForward View Post
Question-I started IP today. For lunch I had the broccoli cheese soup and I added two cups of broccoli. This was ALOT of food....so much that I could barely finish it. Suggestions? Am I throwing myself off if I don't finish it? Thanks!

You can try having the rest of it as a snack later. The first week I had a lot of naseau from the carb withdrawal and couldn't eat all my food either. I lost 8 lbs that week.

Once you get into ketosis, you should be eating all the food. If you need to, split up your veggies so it isn't so much all at once.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:24 PM   #57  
Started IP 11/28/12

Hoorah! Bask in your success.... and maybe rub it in a little, LOL.

Neener, neener

I just found out that my sister and I are going to the same clinic and they are being very lenient with her not sticking to the program 100%.(They reportedly kick people out for 2 cheats) So this gives me a little courage to introduce the idea of alternatives with my coach.....Wish me luck! If they give me the tongue lashing and finger pointing that I expect, then I'll just break up with them as their message wouldn't be consistent so why should I be. Sometimes, I'm such a brat.[/QUOTE]

LOL! You're so funny! Oh wow, that's really unheard of with coaching. Good luck. You can do it on your own if you really want to. I wouldn't take any finger wagging pointing or tongue lashings either.

Good luck!
Old 04-22-2013, 04:48 PM   #58  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepMovingForward View Post

So I have a suggestion, although I don't eat any of the soups, they were just terrible in my opinion. You should try to puree some of your broccoli, it will take up less room and likely make the soup tastier. I suggest this because I have been around long enough to see many people do this and like the result.

Amber ~ Congratulations! I know how wonderful it is to see that number on the scale, Keep up the fantastic work!

So I did my WI today, moved it from Tuesdays. So excited to say I am down 3.2 pounds for a total of 33.6 in 13 weeks! Since last week I hit the goal of the lowest weight since my first son was born, my next goal (in my ticker even) is to be 150 hopefully by my birthday. I have a date with a friend I haven't seen in nearly two years, think I will be blowing his socks off no matter what the number on the scale is by then! lol
Old 04-22-2013, 05:23 PM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
Great conversations and support today!

I have a question: When is a craving a craving? I mean, I am beginning to really, really look forward to my restricted item (Pure Protein PB bar) each day, to the extent that it is about all I can think about for the hour before lunch (which is when I have it). And once I have it, I want another and another -- not that I have given in to this, I haven't. Is this normal? Or are the sugar alcohols getting their dirty claws into me? I really love those bars, but maybe it is time to change it up. What else is a good restricted item? Thanks.
I would call that a craving. There a reason I limit "sweets". I went with mostly savory restricteds (zippers, chips, etc) until I gave up soy/gluten. Now only white cheddar chips pass that rule.
Old 04-22-2013, 05:46 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 133.9/123.3/113

Height: 5'1.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Gel View Post
I whipped 2 egg whites up until frothy, add 1/4tsp of vanilla. Fold in 1 packet of crispy cereal crushed ( crush it before you open it) and 1/4 tsp of baking powder. This makes me two medium sized pancakes. I cook them over med/high heat as I would normal pancakes.
Do these taste better than the IP pancakes? Just wondering if its restricted like the regular IP pancakes. Hmmm.
Closed Thread