Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 09:47 PM   #76  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by randygrl View Post
Week 3 weigh in was not great but I'll keep moving forward. No lbs down but another inch lost. I had a day with two restricted and a day with a fourth protein pack.
It's pretty normal for there to be a slowdown in weight loss during week 3/4, especially if you had big losses your first week. Remember that weight loss is not linear, our bodies adjust along the way so you will have big losses that may be followed by small scale losses but inches lost. It's totally normal and not likely because of what you ate.

Quote:
I'm looking for a good recipe to make IP friendly spaghetti sauce.

Quest bars are to replace an IP protein pack right?
In the Fun with Veggie Purees thread, LizRR posted a great recipe for italian red sauce made with pureed roasted red peppers. I used it numerous times when I didn't want to use a restricted veggie by making regular tomato sauce.

And yes, the Quest bar (or any "alternative" product) would be in place of an IP packet if you chose to have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp0130 View Post
Has anyone tried the WF ranch? I actually found it at Walmart today for only $3.24! And the peanut butter! I'm leery to try either but more likely to try it now that its cheaper!
I happen to LOVE the WF ranch - that and the Sweet Vidalia Onion are my two favorites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lill91210 View Post
quick question for you ipeeps. Im moving into phase 2 and i see its for a maximum of 2 weeks does it matter if i go for 1 week then go into phase 3 I don't see the reason for going through the whole 2 weeks.
There is some good reasoning for spending more time on P2 - when you eat a lot of highly processed protein, your body can get a little lazy with the digestion. Spending some time on P2 gets your body back in the habit of digesting "real" food without increasing your calories much. P2 only adds about 200 calories or so to your day. It's also helpful to get back in the habit of preparing another meal every day - rather than jumping right into P3, when you REALLY have to plan your breakfast carefully.

That said, by the time I was done with a full week of Phase 2, I felt very mentally and physically ready to move to P3. I did one week of P2 and then the full 2 weeks of P3. It worked fine for me.
Old 04-22-2013, 09:59 PM   #77  

Quote:
Quest bars are to replace an IP protein pack right?
A restricted packet
Old 04-22-2013, 10:51 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 245/204/145

Height: 5'4''

WI at the end of wk 4 today. Down 1.75 lbs for a total of 13.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:05 PM   #79  

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeepMovingForward View Post
Question-I started IP today. For lunch I had the broccoli cheese soup and I added two cups of broccoli. This was ALOT of food....so much that I could barely finish it. Suggestions? Am I throwing myself off if I don't finish it? Thanks!

MyFitnessPal: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/anbrim
I started IP a few days ago, and my first day I felt exactly like you described. I had Chicken a la King soup of lunch and added veggies and barely got it all in. The second day, I started having a cup of celery an hour before lunch and another an hour before dinner. That helped a lot to help me get the veggies in. Maybe spacing out your veggies will work for you too.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:09 PM   #80  

I want to add spinach to my omelet. How much should I chop up? I hate to do all that chopping for it to not all "fit", and I've never made one of the omelets before. Thanks.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:13 PM   #81  

I had my first restricted product today. Feeling a bit guilty actually. They have such a high caloric value! Can you lose faster if you avoid restricted altogether?
Old 04-22-2013, 11:17 PM   #82  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Quote:
Originally Posted by hixtwin4 View Post
I had my first restricted product today. Feeling a bit guilty actually. They have such a high caloric value! Can you lose faster if you avoid restricted altogether?
Not for the majority of people. Skipping your restricted item may actually cause you to slow down. There is a SMALL percentage of people that are extremely carb sensitive, but chances are if you were carb sensitive you would probably know by now. And even if you have your one restricted item per day, you will be well within the average 600-900 calorie per day range.

Don't sweat the calories, just follow the program. It is designed to work the way it's written!
Old 04-22-2013, 11:26 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 279/223.5/150

Height: 5.5'

I am getting ready to place my first order to Low carb Canada. Does anyone know if there is a Coupon code right now?
Old 04-22-2013, 11:31 PM   #84  
Getting there!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/158

Height: 5'6

ZOMBIEDAWN:
Strenuous exercise and physically demanding days require me to pay attention to my body and respond accordingly. When I feel dizzy and weak I know that I need extra calories.

I do have an extra packet on my exercise days when I feel I need it or hard boiled eggs whites. Sometimes I have both. I would have thought my exercise would help my weight loss numbers but I don't think it does. Sometimes I gain in muscle (a good thing too). But, it feels great and the less I weigh, the more I can do!

AMBERJULES:
Excellent determination! Congrats.

I think it is astounding that your EX-coach would email you to say she is dropping you (breaking up with you) to be part of her FB group. That is FEAR on her part. How could not doing IP be a mistake? Look at your accomplishments. Sorry but that is crazy. Your attitude on this is great!
Old 04-23-2013, 12:21 AM   #85  

S/C/G: 215/199/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hixtwin4 View Post
I want to add spinach to my omelet. How much should I chop up? I hate to do all that chopping for it to not all "fit", and I've never made one of the omelets before. Thanks.
I usually cook my omelet in the microwave but I did make one on the stove where I added peppers and mushrooms. I was able to easily fit 1 cup in so spinach should probably stretch even further since its not as bulky!
Old 04-23-2013, 12:31 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 229/218/155

I've had a pretty decent week. I've been doing BarrEvolution and it's been great to get some exercise. Not to mention the amount of weeding necessary to keep my yard up to snuff. Keep on trucking, Everyone!
Old 04-23-2013, 01:15 AM   #87  
junior lifestyle changer

S/C/G: 272/254/140

Height: 5'3"

Wow Jamaica! That's so exciting! Enjoy!
Old 04-23-2013, 02:53 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 296/259/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jen02719 View Post
Do these taste better than the IP pancakes? Just wondering if its restricted like the regular IP pancakes. Hmmm.
I add cinnamon as well. I think it almost tastes like French toast!
Closed Thread