Old 04-19-2013, 12:54 PM   #1  
Re-started IP 4/6/13

S/C/G: 295/242/160

Height: 5'9"

Default Where to buy IP online

Hi everyone. I've been using the buyproteinfood.com to buy my IP products. They've taken down several of my daily staples and I'm looking for somewhere else to buy them
leslieanns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 12:59 PM   #2  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

I always used http://plainprotein.com/ for IP foods.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 193/158/140

Height: 5'6"

I use Ideal to Go (http://idealtogo.com/). If you're looking for your favorites, you might be disappointed since they have changed from Ideal Protein to their own Ideal to Go brand for a lot of items. However, I like some of their new stuff and the prices are a little bit better (still have to pay for shipping).
stephanoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 07:16 PM   #4  
Start: Dec. 18, 2017

S/C/G: 211/210/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephanoodle View Post
I use Ideal to Go (http://idealtogo.com/). If you're looking for your favorites, you might be disappointed since they have changed from Ideal Protein to their own Ideal to Go brand for a lot of items. However, I like some of their new stuff and the prices are a little bit better (still have to pay for shipping).
How do you sign up for that? Have to send them a message? None of the buttons work, other than "about us"....I assume you have to sign in and then access those other areas?
learning to fly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 11:55 PM   #5  

I have noticed the same thing on plainprotein.com. I don't know what's going on but they are missing a LOT of products now...
sparkopolis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 01:39 AM   #6  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

I know that many people have posted recently that some products are being discontinued and they are introducing some new products. Some things are occasionally out of stock on the website, and removed until they are available again. I suppose it depends on exactly what you are trying to find.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:34 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 193/158/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by learning to fly View Post
How do you sign up for that? Have to send them a message? None of the buttons work, other than "about us"....I assume you have to sign in and then access those other areas?
Yes you have to sign up but it's just a formality, really. They used to be more strictly for IP dieters but since changing their branding, they're supposedly open to everyone. On the home page there's a link to their phone number or a link for them to contact you.
stephanoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 04:19 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 297/212/169

Height: 5'7"

I buy on ebay.

proteinproducts4381

I don't have a coach or place I check in. Doing the program on my own with the help of you all.

$20.00 a box. fast shipping. I buy a month at a time and shipping is $8.00 comes from Minnesota and shipping is fast. Sometimes doesn't have everything in stock, but most of what I buy there's no prob with. Nice gal. Always communicates quick replies. I email her what I want and she posts a Buy Now with my full order , and I buy that night.
California Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:11 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

I've posted this before and I know it's opening a can of worms and many people have never experienced any problems, however...

It is illegal to purchase IP products over the internet, (e-Bay, plainprotein, buyproteinfood, etc) with the exception of Ideal-to-Go.

That is why plainprotein often is "down" or "not working", etc.

I'm sure many people will continue to keep ordering because it's cheaper but I would be concerned about my credit card information even if it is a "secure" site.

Just passing information along.
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:29 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 186.5/149/135

Height: 5.5

Default alternatives .....

Find alternatives like Protidiet food for example. Plus, there are a lot of post (conversations) on this site with valuable information...I did comparisons and with the help from a lot of you gals here I ordered from Protidiet and saved myself hundreds of dollars.. 3 weeks of food for 157. and shipping over 100. is free. Anyway love this site, I have left the clinic and now on my own, actually I have you all.. lol...
Skinnyjeangirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:37 AM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
I've posted this before and I know it's opening a can of worms and many people have never experienced any problems, however...

It is illegal to purchase IP products over the internet, (e-Bay, plainprotein, buyproteinfood, etc) with the exception of Ideal-to-Go.

That is why plainprotein often is "down" or "not working", etc.

I'm sure many people will continue to keep ordering because it's cheaper but I would be concerned about my credit card information even if it is a "secure" site.

Just passing information along.
Illegal, as in against the law? No.

However, IP does try to protect both their brand and their clinics running businesses by limiting availability of their product at less-than MSRP.

If they find their products are being sold at discounted prices, they can refuse to provide product to that business, which essentially shuts down the biz, unless they start providing alternatives instead.

Consumers also have their right to choose, just as they can buy name brands (Heinz ketchup, for example) or off-brands to save money. Sometimes products are comparable, sometimes they are not. It takes a savvy consumer to do the research.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 10:52 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Illegal, as in against the law? No.

However, IP does try to protect both their brand and their clinics running businesses by limiting availability of their product at less-than MSRP.

If they find their products are being sold at discounted prices, they can refuse to provide product to that business, which essentially shuts down the biz, unless they start providing alternatives instead.

Consumers also have their right to choose, just as they can buy name brands (Heinz ketchup, for example) or off-brands to save money. Sometimes products are comparable, sometimes they are not. It takes a savvy consumer to do the research.
I know consumers have the choice to purchase less expensive/generic products but I'm just passing along information I got from an IP regional rep.

They know about Daisy (the owner of plainprotein) and so they are in a constant battle of shutting her down until she somehow finds a way around it.

Again, I know we all make our own choices, I am just passing along information.
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:06 PM   #13  

My clinic charges 29/box

But, unlike ordering online, I'm getting the support of my coach, which is why I'm still going to a coach. Like many others here, I feel I have P1 figured out and could continue it coach-less. I chose IP for the maintenance support so that's why I'm paying to continue to use the clinic.

I'm in total agreement, however, that if you aren't getting services from a clinic, paying that amount for the packets is outrageous. I wouldn't buy them for that price online, when I can support a local business owner instead. I do, however, purchase my alternatives online (for way less!)
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:10 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 251/188/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolo70 View Post
I think the prices of IP products should actually be illegal. USD28 for a package that costs less than half if you purchase alternatives. This on plainprotein.com. I really do not want to know what clinics charge. They put themselves out of business that way. No Ebay necessary. Just saying. I like the IP bars best, but there is a limit to what I am willing to pay.
I'll be switching to alternatives only by the end of the month. I will still buy my supplements from plainprotein because I think IPs are wonderful (and cheaper than my clinic - $25 per bottle no matter the bottle at my clinic), but I haven't found much from IP in the way of products that I can't live without. I do like their pina colada mix and the strawberry wafers, but will be looking for alternatives for those.

I have found that the Quest bars are better than ANY IP bar I've had and last longer too. They are not the same consistency, but chewy and, for me anyway, more satisfying.

I just ordered a TON of alternatives yesterday from Nashua and Netrition so I will be finding some new faves (I hope)! Can't wait to try the Simply Chips and bars.

In the last couple months I have been doing about 1/2 IP and 1/2 alternatives, but still buying 7 days worth of food from my clinic, so I've been stockpiling my favorites. I plan to continue doing that until my last visit with them (one or two more weeks). My clinic charges $28 a box, so it will be the same price as plainprotein if I run out of my faves and HAVE to have them.

My clinic hasn't done a great job of coaching. There are a ton of things I have found out on here that when I asked my coach about she had no clue (IP babies and hair loss just to name a couple.)

Last edited by aliboo723; 04-21-2013 at 12:13 PM.
aliboo723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 12:52 PM   #15  

Height: 5'2.5"

Those of you who are buying these alternative products from plainprotein or Nashua, are the products offered mostly for the restricted foods (like the bars, for example)?
hixtwin4 is offline   Reply With Quote