Old 04-20-2013, 06:34 PM   #1  

Default trouble in paradise

So the last few days after dealing with a flooded basement and chaos. I have not been eating all of my ideal protein meals, have had no set schedule with eating, not eating enough veggies and I think I may have had too much protein.

Besides that I have not cheated at all no carbs or sugar or anything like that do you think I will have messed up ketosis or curbed my weight loss in anyway?

I haven't tried it yet but I was wondering if I could use cheese in place of the 1/4 cup milk.
holb89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:41 PM   #2  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

You should still be in ketosis if you did not eat carbs.

Atkins is a ketosis diet, and you eat WAY more protein and less veggies on that diet than this one, so don't worry about that.

You get a 1/4 cup milk? I was told 1 ounce per day, which is only 2 Tblsp, not 1/4 cup. And no, no cheese is allowed. Those are the rules.

On the other hand, I will admit to using 1/4 oz very finely shredded cheese on my omelets, but die-hard IP'ers will say NO NO NO. Cheese will not put you out of ketosis, but it's very high fat, which is why it's not allowed on IP.
leannekarella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 07:16 PM   #3  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by holb89 View Post
So the last few days after dealing with a flooded basement and chaos. I have not been eating all of my ideal protein meals, have had no set schedule with eating, not eating enough veggies and I think I may have had too much protein.

Besides that I have not cheated at all no carbs or sugar or anything like that do you think I will have messed up ketosis or curbed my weight loss in anyway?

I haven't tried it yet but I was wondering if I could use cheese in place of the 1/4 cup milk.
You haven't done anything as far as ketosis is concerned - you might see a little stall on the scale just from stress and not quite enough food (stress can cause water retention!) but that will flush out before too long.

You do not get 1/4 cup of milk per day - you are allowed ONE ounce (2 tbsp) of SKIM milk only per day - this is primarily if you choose to have coffee in the morning so that you don't have to drink it black.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote