IP Daily Chat Tuesday 4/16/2013

You're on Page 4 of 4
Go to
  • Quote: WI last night for the end of week 3. I was down 2.75 lbs which makes over 11 total.

DH is down 8 and a bit frustrated to be a man and going so much slower than the average but it's progress non-the-less. He's worried about passing a PRT weigh in in 2 weeks. Somehow it's kind of screwy for his height cuz looking at him there's no way he should be having trouble passing but he needs to be another 7 lbs down just so he doesn't fail.

Have a great day!
    I was going slow for the male average also and we discovered I had a soy sensitivity so cut out all of the IP soy products. Unfortunately that's quite a few and all but 2 of the Restricteds (White Cheddar Ridges and Sea Salt and Vinegar chips). He might want to try something like that for a week to see if it helps.
  • Quote: Good luck tomorrow!

I started this not really wanting to do this program but nothing else seemed to be working for my DH. I'm glad I did though. It is working well and is usually pretty doable! I've found that there are some of the protein supplements leave me well satisfied and others I'm hungry soon after eating so using the ones that work for me seems to be key for me.
    What are the ones that work for you? I'm hungry all the time. Although people say I shouldn't be hungry OP.
  • Does anyone have a list of which products do or don't contain soy???
  • Quote: So hungry today
    Big salad on the horizon!
    Whenever I have these days, my entire dinner goes on a huge bed of lettuce

If I don't "want" lettuce, I know I'm not really hungry!
    Must be something in the air, was starving today too....2 salads later, all's well..did have a 4th IP though, oh well, first time in 5 days, so not too bad...TOM is late, wondering if that could be causing hunger, and I'm bloated, annoying much???
  • Quote: Rather interesting day in the Spiritman homestead. The wife picks up our supplements when needed. Well at the start of last weekend she stated she was going to try Floralax and had great success with it if you know what I mean.

Well.....unbeknownst to me, combined with my usual lack of attention she put the Floralax bottle with the rest of the bottles of supplements. So me being the innocent victim I am, for the last 1.5 days have been dutifully following the supplement plan all the while thinking..."That's odd, they must have changed the formula for the multivitamin, it looks different then the ones we have been taking, oh well down the hatch".

So imagine my surprise when for the last day now I can't get 20 feet away from a bathroom. All the while thinking "What the frick is causing this?"

So my darling wife who just now has finished wiping tears out of her eyes from laughing at me has moved the Floralax bottle and put the new multivitamin bottle with the rest of our supplements, where it's supposed to be.

I would type more but yet again nature is calling so I gotta go....literally.
    Oh man! well you will be all cleared out and fresh now!!!!!
  • Quote:
    If I don't "want" lettuce, I know I'm not really hungry!
    This is such a good way to look at things! Thanks for giving me a way to remind myself to curb my hunger!
  • Quote: Oh man! well you will be all cleared out and fresh now!!!!!
    Oh yeah, clean as a whistle.
  • Well, I am at week 13 and having lots of thoughts of quitting the weight loss journey and moving on to maintenance. I have cheated 3 times this week! I just have 7 pounds to go and I'm having a hard time figuring out how to get back in the game. Hopefully the rest of the week is okay and the scale doesn't move too much.
  • Hi, all! I just hit the 50 pound mark !!!! I'm so excited ! Been on IP since 15th of Jan. I never really thought it would work so well for me! I've never lost this much weight before. I have another 50 to go, at 5'8" and 58 years old. I feel so much better. I want you all to know that I read you every day.This site has been such a joy. I've learned so much . You all are so kind. I just want to thank you for the encouragement and knowledge you give me, EVERY DAY. And Scorbet, I'm so happy for you that you are doing so well on Phase II. Much success to you all.