Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 10:40 AM   #16  
Started IP Feb 19, 2013

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingit50 View Post
Happy Tuesday. WI yesterday was -2 and down more this morning and hit my 30 lbs down and gone for good mark.

I have been keeping everything to the book and eliminating those small modifications that others have posted (Mio, bubble water, gone back to measuring my 2 cups of veggies, water, water, water, lettuce for fiber) and it has worked for me.

I see why people are reconsidering their weight goals. I have not been a diet like this before and you lose so much fat that you look like you weigh less than you do. My goal weight is 150 but I am looking like I did when I weighed about 10 lbs less than my current weight. And, clothes are fitting me as if I weighed 10 lbs less.
I am the same, I way 10lbs more than I did when I wore size 9 before, yet I am in a size 7. I changed my goal weight from 150 to 160 because of it.
Old 04-16-2013, 10:49 AM   #17  

Height: 5'7

Good Morning! Mention of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride has put me in a good mood this morning! That brings back memories. I also loved The Haunted Mansion. Watching the ghosts dancing in the ballrooom, so fun!

So, for once, I'm in love with my scale. I seem to be on a steady losing trend. I'm really excited about this and I feel like I'm really getting a handle on my eating! I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 04-16-2013, 10:50 AM   #18  
Started IP: 4/10/13

S/C/G: 219/209/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by snickers70 View Post
Good Morning!!!

I weigh in today!! Hoping for a decent loss.... Can't wait til I can get the ticker.. lol
DITTO DITTO DITTO!!! My first weigh in is today and I'm ready for a ticker too lol!! GOOD LUCK!

Last edited by JBmustloseweight; 04-16-2013 at 10:51 AM.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:35 AM   #19  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingit50 View Post
Have a great week with your kids, I love your posts because your are so knowledgeable. Congrats on your maintenance success, I am learning from you. I hope you are not anyone near the terrible events from yesterday's tragedy in Boston.
Thanks We were not in Boston yesterday but many of my friends and a few family members were either running or watching the race. My husband's aunt, uncle, cousin and his cousin's son were closest to it all - they were at the finish line waiting for his cousin's wife to cross, she finished at 2:34 and they were in the family meeting area around the corner when the explosions happened. So thankful that nobody I know who was there were among the injured.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:42 AM   #20  
started 2/22/11

S/C/G: 233/184/165

Height: 5' 7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post

disgal - The most accurate ways to measure TRUE body fat % are either a water displacement test or a DEXA scan. Calipers are next best, but ask your doc how comfortable they are with the accuracy of reading calipers - the results of a caliper test are only as good as the person's ability to read them. The scales and grip-gadgets that send electromagnetic pulses through your body to measure fat %...well, they are as much science fiction as they sound. Don't get discouraged - how do you FEEL? Are you in a size you are comfortable with? Do you feel like you can maintain your weight at your current activity level? Healthy weight is SO much more than the numbers on a scale.
Thanks Scorbett!! I DO feel I will be able to maintain at the weight I choose (well....I did it for almost a year....just need to do it FOR LIFE this time). I dislike the scale ruling how I should feel!! You'd think I'd be over that by now!!

Hope u enjoy the week with your kiddos!!
Old 04-16-2013, 01:12 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 197/177/160

Height: 5.6

Good weigh in today .. another 2 lbs lost and 8 inches . I sure can tell the inches as my pants are falling down
Old 04-16-2013, 01:56 PM   #22  
PCOS. Started IP 3/8/13

S/C/G: 285/247.1/165

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Maintenance has been a great learning experience, I'm still trying new things and watching how my body reacts, but so far I'm still within a pound of where I finished and feel great!
I love reading this. It makes me so excited for maintenance, not just for the obvious weight loss and chance to eat more foods, but for the physical activity. Right now, freedom of movement is restricted by my weight itself -- bending down, crossing your legs, going for a hike in the hills, etc. I was telling my Dr how you lose that physical freedom slowly as you gain weight, until one day you realize how little you can do easily.

-----------------------------------------

Question: I've been having problems with one of my legs -- primarily my knee, but sometimes the pain shoots up my leg, making it seem more like a tendon/muscle issue. Long story short, I figure this is just a result of weight/stress on my knee and I've made an appointment with an ortho-doctor. However, I did remember that one side effect of IP is muscle cramps, so just in case, I just wanted to ask if anyone else ever experienced anything similar?
Old 04-16-2013, 01:56 PM   #23  
Soon to be SKINNY!

S/C/G: 278/274/178

Height: 5 ft 6

Default A1 Texan and other lost posts-need help replying!

Hi Y'all,

I am having trouble navigating this board. (my granddaughter could probably help me, but she's at school :-) Yesterday I posted on the daily, and A1 Texan and someone else (sorry, can't remember) replied to me about living in Round Rock. Now I can't find those posts and even if I did, I don't know how to reply to individual posts... driving me crazy.

To the lady who asked about Round Rock Honey.... Oh, yesssss.... it's divine. Nice people, too, as you know. Of course, no honey on this deal right now, but someday... :-)

Anyway, if anyone can help me figure out how to respond to a post and not just the whole thread, that would be great.

Thanks!
J'Anne

Last edited by Lone Star Gal; 04-16-2013 at 01:57 PM.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:59 PM   #24  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBmustloseweight View Post
First weigh in today. Minus 7 pounds!! yipppeee!!
Yipppeeee! Congrats! That is a great loss. I remember you struggling last week, but I bet you feel darned good to have held on. Good job!
Old 04-16-2013, 02:10 PM   #25  

First weigh in today. Minus 7 pounds!! yipppeee!!

Last edited by JBmustloseweight; 04-16-2013 at 02:11 PM.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:28 PM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
Yipppeeee! Congrats! That is a great loss. I remember you struggling last week, but I bet you feel darned good to have held on. Good job!
Thanks!! Yes I did struggle A LOT (first week!) But it has gotten easier and this is great motivation!!
Old 04-16-2013, 03:11 PM   #27  

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Star Gal View Post
Hi Y'all,

I am having trouble navigating this board. (my granddaughter could probably help me, but she's at school :-) Yesterday I posted on the daily, and A1 Texan and someone else (sorry, can't remember) replied to me about living in Round Rock. Now I can't find those posts and even if I did, I don't know how to reply to individual posts... driving me crazy.

Anyway, if anyone can help me figure out how to respond to a post and not just the whole thread, that would be great.

Thanks!
J'Anne
J'Anne - A1Texan here. I tried to send you a PVT message but your settings won't allow them. I live in Round Rock and have been on IP since December 10th. Let me know if you need any suggestions or encouragement and I'll be glad to help you along through this.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:14 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 155/136.4/130

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBmustloseweight View Post
Thanks!! Yes I did struggle A LOT (first week!) But it has gotten easier and this is great motivation!!
Great first weigh in! Congrats

Today's hubby's bday. Having people over for dinner and cake. Savin my restricted peanut bar for cake time. Shoveled 2 feet of snow! Feeling much better today! I feel like I can conquer week 3! Oh for dinner grilling hamburgers and maybe hot dogs depending on how many kids will be here. With my burger I eat it between 2 pieces if romaine lettuce for my bun.

Good job everyone staying OP!
Old 04-16-2013, 03:15 PM   #29  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Star Gal View Post
Hi Y'all,

To the lady who asked about Round Rock Honey.... Oh, yesssss.... it's divine. Nice people, too, as you know. Of course, no honey on this deal right now, but someday... :-)

Thanks!
J'Anne
Here's the link to yesterday's daily chat: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...15-2013-a.html

It's locked now but if you find who you want to reply to, click on their user id and you can send a PM. Appears A1Texan tried to send you one but your settings won't allow it at the moment.

PS: I'm just north of San Antonio. Big event at Camp Mabry this weekend if you enjoy such things. I'll be there set up with my 1954 Israeli Defense Forces M37 truck right in front of the museum so anyone that wants to swing by and say hello you're welcome. It's free to the public!

Last edited by M35A2; 04-16-2013 at 03:16 PM.
Old 04-16-2013, 03:50 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 165/132.2/125

Height: 5'3

Yay! Lost 2.75 lbs and 5.5 inches... that was pretty surprising. Doing the happy dance. hat makes my total 14 lbs and 10 inches in 4 weeks!
Closed Thread