Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2013, 11:52 AM   #31  

S/C/G: H253/219/177.4/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
Has anyone ordered from plainprotein.com in the last few days? I need to order some supplements, but the website hasn't been working since I tried last night. Just wonderig how long it's been down.
I also ordered last week and received my box yesterday.
Old 04-12-2013, 11:54 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 208/208/145

Height: 5'2.5"

1 egg and 3 egg whites equals an IP omelette?
Old 04-12-2013, 11:57 AM   #33  

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlooNimbus13127 View Post
Wow, I fought to stay OP yesterday! I took my kids to a working tourmaline gem mine where you get a tour of the mine and then get to dig/sift for gems. It was up on a mountain (thinner air), no shade, and 78 degrees. I was filling buckets of dirt, carrying dirt, and sifting dirt for 4 hours.

I think I burned through every calorie to took in yesterday. I took Lisa32989's advice and packed a cooler of IP food. I packed extra in case I needed it, and I did.

But I was glad to have the extra, and stay OP. Have a great day everyone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBmustloseweight View Post
Last night was another bad/hungry night for me. My counselor told me I would have a rough week since my body is used to very high starch/fat foods. My "detox" is so bad that I'm starving but don't want meat or veggies, just want starch! But again, I PUSHED THROUGH IT!!! whew. Can't wait til I'm thru the first week!

I'm patiently waiting on my WF syrup to arrive. But even if it doesn't I'm going to have the Crispy Cereal Pancakes today haha -- can't wait!!

I've also found some recipes for "muffins" and "bread" using IP packets which excites me cause I hope to satisfy my love of bread cravings!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMBIEDAWN View Post
Must have been something in the air last night, lol! It was awful for me, too! My husband and daughters were sitting at the table eating their dinner and I was eating mine..... I just kept staring at their food actually saying to myself, oops you're gonna do it aren't you!?

Sheesh, it was rough. But the more bites I had of my delicious chicken curry soup, the easier it got. Phew, that was close!

You'll get through it! My cravings really don't happen anymore and I'm only 47 days in. I think last night had something to do with TOM which is next week.
3 struggles reported but not one cheat!
THAT'S the way to do it!
Flex those dedication muscles!
Old 04-12-2013, 11:58 AM   #34  

Quote:
Originally Posted by randygrl View Post
1 egg and 3 egg whites equals an IP omelet?
I was given this info when I first started IP. If you do the calculations...very similar.

Last edited by lisa32989; 04-12-2013 at 11:59 AM.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:34 PM   #35  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

YAY! Plainprotein site is back up and running.
Old 04-12-2013, 12:57 PM   #36  

Height: 6'

Week 8 WI at home: minus 1.2lbs. Woo hoo, I'll take it. I placed an order for just a few clothing items last night and ordered size 18 jeans and a dress. Mind you, I think the last time I wore a dress was for my wedding in 1986! The dress was on a special sale and came to $21.00 so I thought why not. It's sleeveless and I don't have sleeveless arms but it could be adorable with a sweater and some tights. This diet has opened my eyes in so many ways and my confidence is growing daily. My current jeans are now in the donation pile, Just too big. I'm also looking forward to shorts. I'm 52 so not short, shorts but nice linen ones to the knee. Have a great Friday everyone.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:21 PM   #37  
IP Start 2/5/13

S/C/G: 315/ip292/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 5in

This daily chat is really hitting the spot. I was having a little debate within my head about possibly taking a little break. My thinking was that maybe it would be a good idea to just maintain my current weight for a little while to let my body adjust to the big changes taking place. Now I am thinking I need to press on. I still have a long way to go, and why would I want to prolong it? Thank you to the original poster of this topic, that got this great discussion going.

I have a couple of questions. Is spring mix like unlimitted lettuce or does it count toward the 4 cups of veggies?

Also, used the smooth move tea last night and was very happy with the results. The box says to not use a laxative product for more than 1 week. I had been thinking to use it every day! Now, maybe not. If you use smooth move tea, do you use it on a regular basis or just when needed?

Thanks in advance, and have a great day everyone!
Old 04-12-2013, 02:16 PM   #38  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

Great discussion today! I also have been thinking about phasing off for a summer vacation later in the year, but now I'm thinking I'll just make it work, and stick to the plan until I hit goal. Thanks for everyone's positive input on this topic.

I was told spring mix counts toward the 4 cups.

I would be careful using smooth move tea regularly. It is a laxative, and your body can become laxative dependant if you use it too much. Occasional use is ok, but it would be the pits to have to rely on the tea to go. There are some other non-laxative choices out there. I've seen some on the boards use psyllium husks with good results.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:19 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
Morning, All --

I went shopping yesterday. I have moved into XL's which, for my former plus-sized body, is very welcomed. I started in the plus sizes and quickly realized that they will all be too big, either today or next month. I looked yonder, to the "misses" department. I walked over and sort of skirted the area. Didn't quite have the nerve to go all the way in, LOL. Isn't that crazy? In some ways, I just can't get my mind around this yet. (So I went to my favorite thrift shop where the sizes are mostly mixed together and found some nice things. Whatever works.)

Why didn't I find this diet sooner?? I shudder to think about not having sat where I sat in my son's orthodontist office and not over-hearing the conversation that I overheard, and not having the nerve to ask what diet they were talking about . . . what a life-changing moment.

For those struggling, stick with it at all costs. It will work, and it is worth it.
This is me, exactly. I went shopping with my Sister in Law when I was in Ireland. I am now addicted to a store called NEXT. (Online my friends, online!!) While it sucked that the sizing is different, 16=18 there etc... I could try on clothes in ANY store. I did feel like a clerk was going to come over at me any minute and say, there are no clothes in your size here, please leave.

I try not to think about wishing I had started sooner, when I 1st heard of the diet my husband was out of work and there was no way I could afford it, I do wish I didn't wait until I was 50 to actually want to be healthy forever!!

I go nuts looking at InStyle, Marie Claire...(they need a magazine for older women, I read MORE, but I think it sucks style-wise) in a few weeks I will be as small or smaller than I was in high school. I am nervous (And I cannot afford my new clothing addiction) because I am not used to this. What do they say, 1 addiction replaces another??

Such an emotional journey as well as physical. I have been thinking of going back in to therapy to help adjust!!

Last edited by NinjaNurse; 04-12-2013 at 02:20 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:21 PM   #40  
Started IP: 4/10/13

S/C/G: 219/209/150

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMBIEDAWN View Post
Must have been something in the air last night, lol! It was awful for me, too! My husband and daughters were sitting at the table eating their dinner and I was eating mine..... I just kept staring at their food actually saying to myself, oops you're gonna do it aren't you!?

Sheesh, it was rough. But the more bites I had of my delicious chicken curry soup, the easier it got. Phew, that was close!

You'll get through it! My cravings really don't happen anymore and I'm only 47 days in. I think last night had something to do with TOM which is next week.
I cannot imagine eating in front of people who are eating something great lol. Good job pushing through!! I can't wait til I'm at day 47 (only day 3 for me! lol)
Old 04-12-2013, 02:31 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Height: 5'1"

Had my WI today--and the plateau continues :-( My coach suggested shifting to phase 2 for two weeks to see if my body is looking for more live protein. What do you all think about this idea?
Old 04-12-2013, 02:56 PM   #42  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrasb View Post
Had my WI today--and the plateau continues :-( My coach suggested shifting to phase 2 for two weeks to see if my body is looking for more live protein. What do you all think about this idea?
There is not much difference in phase 2 and 1, so it would be simple. I don't know if it is enough of a change though to get things going. I did a week of phase 3 to break my plateau and it did work.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:19 PM   #43  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

Definitely something in the air. I had a massive hunger day yesterday and all I wanted to do was eat!

I started off today with a huge veggie omelet and I'm back on track and the hunger seems to have gone. Thank God!
Old 04-12-2013, 03:21 PM   #44  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBmustloseweight View Post
I cannot imagine eating in front of people who are eating something great lol. Good job pushing through!! I can't wait til I'm at day 47 (only day 3 for me! lol)
I've got my family trained with the food. They eat what I eat, plus I give them a baked potato or corn or something that I don't eat. The first month on the diet, I was making two different meals, and then I said forget it! Eat what I'm cooking, or make your own food. Since hubby only makes fried eggs....

Hubby has dropped 5 lbs too, which is great! I also make him some protein smoothies (with fruit, using the pudding/shake mixes) and he loves them and I'll get his beer belly dealt with slowly but surely.

Last edited by leannekarella; 04-12-2013 at 03:22 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 03:38 PM   #45  
Started IP Alt. 01/02/13

S/C/G: 193.4/see ticker/145

Height: 5'4

Hi All!

Been swamped at work and with life and so have not been here lately. Made my first order with Nashua Nutrition today, I am excited to try some of the things I ordered :-)

Have had a bit of a bouncing around the same 1-2 pounds for the last couple weeks but I am not really too worried as my measurements are going down and I have upped my exercise so I figure perhaps I am gaining muscle mass. Have about 11 pounds to go until I re-evaluate my goal weight so it is a bit of the downward stretch. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Closed Thread