3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Hello-New (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/279525-hello-new.html)

jody1436 04-11-2013 12:46 PM

Hello-New

Hello Everyone,

I'm starting my third week of IP and I'm so excited to have found this site. I've lost 13lbs already and can't wait to continue. Definitely going to be checking out the recipe page as I'm struggling for some lunch options as I'm not a real salad person although I love vegi's. Pleasure meeting you all and keep moving forward in your journey :)

nomorejellybeans 04-11-2013 12:55 PM

Yay! Keep up the great work :)

You'll find a lot of support here.

leannekarella 04-11-2013 01:15 PM

:welcome2:

As for lunch veggies. I love soup (though I love salad too) and lately I've been making a puree soup with cauliflower, onions, and some cabbage. Cook it down with a couple cups of beef or chicken broth, then puree it with an immersion blender (or regular blender). It goes down easy. I eat big salads all the time. I make a salad soup, which is basically any veggies in the fridge I put in the soup, then use romaine to fill it up.

I make IP egg fu yung (check my blog for the recipe) and I also make cauliflower fried 'rice' and that makes great lunch/leftovers.

ragdoll74 04-11-2013 01:28 PM

:welcome:

JBmustloseweight 04-11-2013 02:10 PM

Hi jody1436! I'm new here too and just started IP. I snooped around here for weeks before starting lol. It is a GREAT site and I honestly don't think I could do this without the wonderful recipes, encouragement, and success stories that I've found on here!

randygrl 04-11-2013 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jody1436 (Post 4702368)
Hello Everyone,

I'm starting my third week of IP and I'm so excited to have found this site. I've lost 13lbs already and can't wait to continue. Definitely going to be checking out the recipe page as I'm struggling for some lunch options as I'm not a real salad person although I love vegi's. Pleasure meeting you all and keep moving forward in your journey :)

:welcome:
You will love this site! On here we are your IP friends to help, support, encourage, motivate, etc.... you on your journey. :hug:

JenRem 04-11-2013 04:04 PM

WELCOME!

Good Luck on your WL journey! Great loss thus far!
We are all here for you! :)
~Jen

getnlean 04-11-2013 08:24 PM

Welcome to all!! Congrats on your losses.

DRegan 04-11-2013 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jody1436 (Post 4702368)
Hello Everyone,

Welcome!!! :bravo: Way to go!
I'm always short on time for lunch, so I tend to have 2 cups cut
veggies and a quest bar, so far it works for me. On the weekends I
will have chicken on a salad, veggie omelate, or IP soup with added veggies to it.
Definetly check out the recipe link, or the what are you eating today? thread.
they will help!
Good luck to you!!

D

musicsmylife 04-11-2013 10:30 PM

Hi Jody1436. It looks like you and I have started around the same time, have a similar starting and current weight and a similar goal. Wishing you all the best in your weight loss journey. You will find lots of support here. I check in every day for a daily dose of encouragement.